Round 12 Richmond v the Other Tigers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 12 Richmond v the Other Tigers

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Buller by all reports has a big tank and gets up and down the ground. Instead of playing Miller there, who looks terrified lining up for a set shot, why not draft another tall and play Miller in his natural position down back
I'm guessing the club, who aren't just drafting players, they're drafting for our game plan, decided Buller wasn't as likely as Trezise or Coulthard.
Miller is frustrating. All the tools, but he needs to see the Wizard of Oz....pretty sure he's not the scarecrow, not sure which of the other two he is.

Tig3

šŸÆ
Nov 21, 2022
I'm guessing the club, who aren't just drafting players, they're drafting for our game plan, decided Buller wasn't as likely as Trezise or Coulthard.
Miller is frustrating. All the tools, but he needs to see the Wizard of Oz....pretty sure he's not the scarecrow, not sure which of the other two he is.
Coulthard I understand, but trezise is a head scratcher. Yep, Miller and Biggie have both showed signs up forward the last two weeks (Biggie last week and Miller this week), but theyā€™re still a bit too timid. Need to crash packs like big Tom

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Buller and Coulthard mightve been the way to go I reckon.

But it smacks of Himmelberg coming next year that they didnt take a much needed key forward, as they might be pretty sure that they have one coming,

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

But it smacks of Himmelberg coming next year that they didnt take a much needed key forward, as they might be pretty sure that they have one coming,
I know Craigo but why not get one now to assist Jack!

Low cost .

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I watched maybe 30-40% of the game and I thought Banks looked good, played well.
Much improved performance by Brown as well in his 2nd week back

Tig3

šŸÆ
Nov 21, 2022

Problem is heā€™s been playing down back for GWS the last few weeks, and heā€™s probably better down back than up forward. The goal tallies arenā€™t exactly eye popping. Heā€™d be a nice foil for Lynch but wouldnā€™t hold up as the number 1 man
IMG_1389.png

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Well I watched the VFL game today n before I make any sort of comments I think I might need to channel some inner touchy feely mindfulness so that I don't upset to many of the sensitive gen now kiddies.
Lemme see now, here I go.
Second qtr we played some honest hard n competitive footy.
Young Brodders, from the handful of possessions he got in his debut game, looks to have a reasonably tidy shoe on him.

For the rest of the game FMD we were collectively inept, incompetent n fairly *smile* putrid. That's pretty much as bad as I've seen us play magoos in bloody years.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Well I watched the VFL game today n before I make any sort of comments I think I might need to channel some inner touchy feely mindfulness so that I don't upset to many of the sensitive gen now kiddies.
Lemme see now, here I go.
Second qtr we played some honest hard n competitive footy.
Young Brodders, from the handful of possessions he got in his debut game, looks to have a reasonably tidy shoe on him.

For the rest of the game FMD we were collectively inept, incompetent n fairly *smile* putrid. That's pretty much as bad as I've seen us play magoos in bloody years.
Agreed Masso they were nothing short of shitthouse in all aspects.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Garbage post.

Whinge that Clarke doesn't take a tall, then whinge if a rookie tall he does draft has a bad game. He's rookie listed key forward. He's probably got a much chance of making it as I do getting into the playboy mansion.

Garbage response.

If you came as my guest, you're definitely getting in the Playboy mansion. Although it's fair to say it's not the same since Hef moved on.

I always took someone along that made me look better so you'd be a good candidate General

Last edited:
  • Haha

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
can confidently say not one of these players will make it in the AFL. List is in a shocking spot. Canā€™t afford any more injuries with this fairyā€™s being back up.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I think we have a lot of players drafted in the last few drafts who won't make it as AFL players. Not much contribution from anyone drafted from 2019 onwards yet other than Gibcus. Some have time but we are well behind other clubs. We are lucky we still have a core if good players taken in the 2014 - 2017 drafts to help our aging stars.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

My first thought was we've probably got another player lined up.

I stand by you can only develop so many in the ressies. When Gibcus comes back, Tyler Young moves to Punt Rd, and Bauer potentially could move back forward - if this is a learning experience down back.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Id like Bauer to get a few games he's got something about him and presents hard and contests hard at the footy, which is what we are lacking right now.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think we have a lot of players drafted in the last few drafts who won't make it as AFL players. Not much contribution from anyone drafted from 2019 onwards yet other than Gibcus. Some have time but we are well behind other clubs. We are lucky we still have a core if good players taken in the 2014 - 2017 drafts to help our aging stars.
Not much contribution from 2019 onwards?
Ryan. Cumberland. Clarke.
Ralphsmith.
All making progress.
We are behind other clubs who've drafted Daicos or Rowell. I guess thats the difficulty of a draft based around ladder position (better than alphabetical though!)

We are lucky we still have supporters who can accept the club has a plan, based on what thet did thru 2010 to 2017