Round 13 - Richmond v Collingwood, Sunday 11th July 12pm PRO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 - Richmond v Collingwood, Sunday 11th July 12pm PRO

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
You cant have a 198 cm 90 kg guy running around not hitting bodies. I hope its related to his shoulder injury but he seems rather laconic in the games I have seen him in. You cant manufacture that stuff or train it into a player

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Can someone explain why Garret McDonough isn't on an AFL list or at least a rookie list somewhere? Looks very much like an AFL standard footballer with a magnificent left peg. Very impressive game today.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
You cant have a 198 cm 90 kg guy running around not hitting bodies. I hope its related to his shoulder injury but he seems rather laconic in the games I have seen him in. You cant manufacture that stuff or train it into a player
This is why I can't see Miller making it, unless he ends up on a wing.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Caddy's strength has been instrumental in forcing the ball forward through the clinches.
Yer, funny though, we don't need that at seniors ... because our midfield strength has not been dissipated by injury and is firing on all cylinders, right?

Nah, when we do bring Caddy in, it's to play wing ... because he's a young tearaway with great speed, sound hammies and can run all day at speed like the Roadrunner!
No way he would have been useful in the trenches yesterday.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Can someone explain why Garret McDonough isn't on an AFL list or at least a rookie list somewhere? Looks very much like an AFL standard footballer with a magnificent left peg. Very impressive game today.
I have been trying to keep an eye on this guy all year (along with Cumberland) - I'm worried that I've got a thing about blond lefties (I'm on the record for saying I loved Stu Maxfield, and Bryan Wood [RF though] too when they played for us in the old days).

That magnificent left peg is exactly what we could use at AFL level IMHO. It's just a matter of whether the rest of his game is up to it. If he is a definite prospects, don't want us see RFC ripped off again by another AFL club like the Bummers and Durham.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I think their is some talent in our Vfl side ,Hugo looks likely ,just have to find his position ,Cumberland showed he is a smart forward,l think with more fitness he could also pinch hit in the midfield.
Martyn is doing well,just needs to transform it to the Afl,
Mj does the work of 2 player's ,to me he would benefit from playing in the seniors.

Biggy is way off Afl at the moment,,at the moment he is struggling just being a Vfl player

Feb 25, 2007
Richmond VFL playing coach, Steve Morris, provides a summary of how the Tigers’ players performed in last Sunday's loss to Collingwood.

Josh Caddy (39 disposals, nine clearances, seven inside-50s)

"Josh was the big, mature body that we needed around the footy. He fought incredibly hard to get the ball moving our way, had nine clearances and was very good for us on the day."

Will Martyn (31 disposals, 13 tackles, seven clearances)

"Will has really been working hard for us inside and is in great form. He’s a young player but doesn’t play like it. He tackled hard and won his own footy all day. Outstanding game."

Matt Parker (24 disposals, eight tackles, six inside-50s, six marks)

"'MP' put great pressure on and once again was an important part of our midfield. He brought others into the game with the use of his hands which was also great to see."

Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (23 disposals, six marks, six rebound-50s)

"Every time he had the footy on the weekend something seemed to happen. He was able to pick his way through the opposition defense with his beautiful kicking skills on multiple occasions and was very important to our offensive ball movement."

Noah Cumberland (20 disposals, five goals, six marks)

"Noah just continued to turn up and throw himself at contest after contest all day, and his third quarter in particular was sensational. He finished with five goals and made his presence felt in the forward half in a different role. The challenge will be for him to maintain the work rate and intensity that saw him get such great reward after the bye."

H4IjnGBy.jpg

Maurice Rioli Jnr (17 disposals, 10 tackles, four inside-50s)

"'MJ' was ferocious on defense and used his pace and agility on offense also. Tackled hard and it was good to see his speed make a difference for us around the footy. Had a number of very exciting passages of play."

Samson Ryan (16 disposals, 20 hit-outs, five marks, three goals)

"Once again, Samson was faced with a big test in the ruck against seasoned ruckmen which is great for his development. Fought really hard and was able to hit the scoreboard for us."

Hugo Ralphsmith (13 disposals, four inside-50s, two goals)

"Hugo was not at his very best on the day but he was very influential in the final quarter. His run and carry stood out. He finished beautifully from the pocket to keep us in the game."

Bigoa Nyuon (seven disposals, four tackles, two rebound-50s)

"'Biggy' had a big task with Mason Cox playing up forward. It was a great challenge for him and a good opportunity for him to review his contest work and really grow from the experience.

Reactions: 4 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
I thought the same - anyone know much of his background?

There was another leftie (not Cumberland) who also gave good drive from the back-line - name escapes me.

Both boys have good size and speed.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005

There was another leftie (not Cumberland) who also gave good drive from the back-line - name escapes me.

Was it Bailey Henderson ?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

you are thinking of Lachlan Street # 55, been in our VFL program for 3 years