Round 14 - Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 14 - Other Games

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Mate of mine is an umpire and he reckons this week a new rule has been brought in where if the head hits the ground during a tackle, it is automatically deemed dangerous and a free against.

I reckon you can put a grand on players head butting the ground by the end of the round to get a free

Reactions: 1 user

Columbo

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 4, 2007
Mate of mine is an umpire and he reckons this week a new rule has been brought in where if the head hits the ground during a tackle, it is automatically deemed dangerous and a free against.

I reckon you can put a grand on players head butting the ground by the end of the round to get a free
I also heard this on the radio tonight...apparently an AFL VIC directive? The other Scott brother’s portfolio??

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Pissweak English. Could have filled the hole in front of Cameron but didn’t want to know about it.

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
I thought the umpire said that to Grimes last week after the Pickett tackle as well. I'm sure he said his head hit the ground, then Grimes said what are you meant to do and the umpire said well that's the rule.
That’s my recollection too TBR, I think we have a new rule.

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Geez the Handbaggers love having a whinge to the umps. Menegola clearly (and stupidly) played on before the siren went and he then complains to the umps afterwards.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
What I find ridiculous (well no skin of my nose), 20% capacity (7K)), but these 7000 people are all sitting together on the wings.
Shouldn't they all be separated? I remember early this year at the G it was pretty spread out and only your group/family sitting at the end of the aisle.

Of course, stadiums can save money by keeping shut some of the grandstands by crowding everyone together but that defeats the purpose of the Gov allowing crowds in as I'm sure reduced capacity means stadiums need to spread everyone around the ground.

Reactions: 6 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
What I find ridiculous (well no skin of my nose), 20% capacity (7K)), but these 7000 people are all sitting together on the wings.
Shouldn't they all be separated? I remember early this year at the G it was pretty spread out and only your group/family sitting at the end of the aisle.

Of course, stadiums can save money by keeping shut some of the grandstands by crowding everyone together but that defeats the purpose of the Gov allowing crowds in as I'm sure reduced capacity means stadiums need to spread everyone around the ground.
Exactly. More about control than common sense.

Reactions: 1 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
That’s my recollection too TBR, I think we have a new rule.
The obvious question is how does a player execute the tackle to ensure that the tackled players head doesn't hit the ground? What could Pickett have done differently? Seems like a luck of the draw type of thing.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The obvious question is how does a player execute the tackle to ensure that the tackled players head doesn't hit the ground? What could Pickett have done differently? Seems like a luck of the draw type of thing.

AFL will soon be AFLX played with 18 on the field for each team and on a normal sized oval.