Round 15 - the emptying the dishwasher games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 15 - the emptying the dishwasher games.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Yep, a bad day for us all considered but it could be worse. Imagine being an Aints supporter. Just a history of continuous, heart-breaking under-achieving, only broken by glimmers of hope that soon turn into further shattering delusions ... bar once, way back in '61.
If there's ever a club that needs Clarko, I reckon its the Saints.
I really like them as a club, most of my friends, Ballarat and country guys, are saints supporters.
They havent had many good years.

They should go all out for Clarko, stop bringing in recycled players and start from Scratch. Gee they were close with Ross Lyon.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Dont know about you guys, but I just cant see how Noble lasts the rest of the year?

I mean... Adelaide arent a bad team. I think they are better than their Win loss record. Same as the Hawks.
But gee, North are really, really, poor.

It genuinely looks like the players are not playing for him at all.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Players have to buy in to a coach and the message and method and each other before they really start playing for them, as opposed to playing for themselves.

2016 Richmond to 2017 Richmond and Dimma's Mea Culpa says as much.

The leaders of the RFC opened up as a group they bared their souls to each other and bought in and lifted the club through trust and brotherhood.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Oh look, drop the knees Ginnivan does his usual trick and gets another free inside 50.

Reactions: 1 user

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Dont know about you guys, but I just cant see how Noble lasts the rest of the year?

I mean... Adelaide arent a bad team. I think they are better than their Win loss record. Same as the Hawks.

North seem like they're playing in a different comp, unless you're playing them, they are completely irrelevant. There's no heat from the media, because no-one cares.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Ump just clarified a HTB against Taranto where there was was very little prior op as 'tried to evade the tackle' which was correct. A slight sidestep attempt, a half HB attempt, a half attempt to alter body posi or spin, thats your prior. Geez if they'd used that adjudication yesterday the result could have been different I reckon. Half a dozen similar tackles we laid went unrewarded. Adjustment on the run or we're just shafted?

I'm not a fan of prior op at the best of times, I think it creates more problems that it solves, and player would adjust if it was canned. but if we do have prior op, and fair enough, the adjudication must be consistently strict on what prior op is, It is not hard. Prior op should only really be for when a player is clamp tackled at the same time as taking possession IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ump just clarified a HTB against Taranto where there was was very little prior op as 'tried to evade the tackle' which was correct. A slight sidestep attempt, a half HB attempt, a half attempt to alter body posi or spin, thats your prior. Geez if they'd used that adjudication yesterday the result could have been different I reckon. Half a dozen similar tackles we laid went unrewarded. Adjustment on the run or we're just shafted?
The correct answer is: b) shafted.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We'll be out of the 8 in a bit more than an hour. GWS are *smile*. Scumwood the bet of the round this week.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Rumours on radio this afternoon that Walsh’s review will produce a terminate recommendation on Noble.

• Wow