Round 15 - the emptying the dishwasher games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 15 - the emptying the dishwasher games.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
we play the suns too. Up there and can see all the FKs going against us.
But good point Tiger, I didnt realise they had the Demons, Swans and Blues - should have looked better.:)
Yes actually take away the 4 same teams we play it's

Tigers - WC, Fremantle, Lions, Hawks
Pies - Crows, Demons, Swans, Blues

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
If there's ever a club that needs Clarko, I reckon its the Saints.
I really like them as a club, most of my friends, Ballarat and country guys, are saints supporters.
They havent had many good years.

They should go all out for Clarko, stop bringing in recycled players and start from Scratch. Gee they were close with Ross Lyon.
Agree with you and have a strong Ballarat connection too, who provided Aints with several fine players including Lockett of course. But an awful history of abject failure or just falling short. Lyon was just too defensive ... and maybe they should go for Clarkson, but might go broke again if he fails there too.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Yes actually take away the 4 same teams we play it's

Tigers - WC, Fremantle, Lions, Hawks
Pies - Crows, Demons, Swans, Blues
still not confident mate,
Freo/Lions = Demons/Blues.

Only saving grace is we have them at the G.
Hawks are one of the better 4 W/10 L teams I have seen.

Hopefully Balta stays on the park, Dusty finds another gear and Prestia is back soon - what a head knock, so sad to see.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Hopefully Balta stays on the park, Dusty finds another gear and Prestia is back soon - what a head knock, so sad to see.
Rather play Hawks at MCG than Swans at SCG. Rather play WC at MCG than Adelaide in Adelaide. Confidence? We're 9th competing against at least 6 possibly 7 teams for 3 spots. So no can't say I'm confident.

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Rather play Hawks at MCG than Swans at SCG. Rather play WC at MCG than Adelaide in Adelaide. Confidence? We're 9th competing against at least 6 possibly 7 teams for 3 spots. So no can't say I'm confident.
all very good points Tigerlove, agree.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Now the Port Chokers are gonna make the Huns go to 8-6. We could be 10th!!
GCS within a goal after Cholly shows how he learnt the Don't Argue from the best and snaps a ripper with his only disposal for 2nd half. His 4th I think.:D

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Tigers - West Coast, GC, North, Fremantle, Lions, Port, Hawks, Bombers

Pies - Suns, Kangas, Crows,Bombers, Power, Demons, Swans, Blues

Reckon our draw is slightly easier and our percentage is a lot better. We just need to win 1 more than them.

Yep still well and truly in our hands, just need to keep winning. Suns and Port are no gimmes for the Pies.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Cracking game at Adelaide Oval. Both those teams going to be tough to beat on their dung heaps.

Rankine really starting to deliver on his immense talent, was electric.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Me 2.
I reckon we don't finish off teams and they know that now. Geelong went corridors as soon as we went 17 up and they cut us to piece's.
Our back line was all over the joint.
I'm not convinced we can beat GC, Port in Adelaide because of the umpires and I still reckon we will lose to a shiit side like hawthorn or freo.
We had the chance last year to add more midfielders but we made the decision to take 5 kids. Why not just use 1 pick to get Omeara or Mitchell to help.
If one of those were playing yesterday we win same as round 1.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Me 2.
I reckon we don't finish off teams and they know that now. Geelong went corridors as soon as we went 17 up and they cut us to piece's.
Our back line was all over the joint.
I'm not convinced we can beat GC, Port in Adelaide because of the umpires and I still reckon we will lose to a shiit side like hawthorn or freo.
We had the chance last year to add more midfielders but we made the decision to take 5 kids. Why not just use 1 pick to get Omeara or Mitchell to help.
If one of those were playing yesterday we win same as round 1.
Imagine that? Click your finger and straight to Tigers they come. O'Meara's contracted at Hawks, what it have cost to snag him even if he did want to break his contract? Mitchell also contracted to 2023 and 29yo.

Need to be realistic about what you could have picked up including salary cap.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004

Balta hasn’t been great this year. Dusty is not the same, he is now a mere mortal. And coming back from a severe concussion - who knows he may never be th3 same again.
Just as Dusty is coming back from a serious injury and is yet to regain anything near his best form, I cannot see Prestia coming back cherry ripe after that big cheap drive-bye hit. Not sure we will even make finals this year.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This was a big round.

Baners already have a thin list. With two out they looked Bristenth. (Who's that bloke in the ruck?) Zorko and Bailey really matter to any side. The Baners can't cover them. I thought Andrews bungled but levelled up and was relentless in endeavour. Won me back. The market hates them now. But there's not much around.

Dees very fresh after the byes. (Oh, dear. We wanted them still jaded - but there is time.) Fists of Flimsy Lever looked vibrant and free in movement. Year-best game. Petracca still down at least 10m in kicking but regained half a yard. Brisker, fresher. More sound. Salem (star back from injury) ok. Then the big development. Jackson was barely holding his own against Oscar Mc Potato for - 45 minutes? But he rallied. And he led the swarming inside midfield monsters of Melbourne on the break. Hmm. Weak company? Very. But Jackson levelled up. He was terrifying for an our. (Right now, I've got Melbs 1.65 for the flag. Not to say we can't lift. But as it stands nobody else can.)

Did Longmuir lose his load early? Nice play to defend Fyfe. But they looked better with no Fyffe and no Taberner. Who's picking the side at Fremantle? Is it Fucky Bell? Taberner and Fyfe are 70s footballers. Dump.

Carlton bounced after the Richmond loss and exposed the Levi Strauss Dockers. It was a road game for Freo but their midfield was humiliated. Mundy quiet and Fyfe absent. Blues have no defenders except Saad but Freo has no forwards. Barayshaw and Serong outnumbered. Cripps working and Walsh off the leash. Kennedy far too busy for his Freo victims.

Sydney is at least a year ahead of Freo, with better established talent and crucial youth coming through. All McCartins are hopeless and must be replaced. But Gulden is special, Campbell will make it, and McDonald. Warner is the youngest strike mid in the game. And Blakey played the best running back game of all time this year. (Shithouse the next week.)

The lack of tall backs will kill them and Mills has laboured with achilles tendonitis. But Sydney is in the mix in 2022. And too good for an unstable StK.

Cats had no Parfitt. Ball winner. Worker. And no Clangerflop who can get a kick. Tigers not Prestia and no Cotchin. (Balta injured all year.) Cat's emerging youth SDK good, Stengle awesome, Parfitt absent. Tiger's emerging youth Daniel Rioli flakey but trending up. MoJu rushed back in but very effective. Baker unknowable but maybe building a tank. (Maybe it's tank not weather with him.) Gibcus trending down. Juddy looking overwhelmed. Ross a pass for a youngster and Short barely that but working. Martin and Shai humiliated at CBs. (Maybe they'll lift. They used to be good at football.)

Cats $6.5 for the flag. Tigers $13 - correction $11. (That didn't take long.)

Pies awesome buy in, planning, plan for the ball, game phase plan. Emerging youth. All the stuff. Ruck stocks much better in the absence of Grundy. Very impressive year so far.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I think Mundy is done. Lead in the saddlebags. If they keep playing him I can't see them threatening. Its more pronounced now an underdone Fyfe is back. IMO they can threaten if they drop Mundy for a dynamic replacement, and play Fyfe into form.

Agree on Brisbane, I think they overachieve during the H&A and hit reality in finals, same this year.

Parfitt and D. Rioli went to high school together.