Round 15 - the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 15 - the other games

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Ye
Shove Hawkins is a fan of the dumping tackle .... just slammed Paine into the turf 3 minutes ago plenty of force behind it too.
Yep, and clearly have added the finishing touches to Cameron's 'make it look accidental/incidental' slamming dump tackle technique too as he applied to Neale.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ye

Yep, and clearly have added the finishing touches to Cameron's 'make it look accidental/incidental' slamming dump tackle technique too as he applied to Neale.
Yep the faux contrition.

Saw that too.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Bris play with a bit of niggle. They do it well. Need to get Towner back lay out a few.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Geelog were dreadful. piles of old wood whinging at everything.
9 blokes over 30 ? and it showed ..

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
They both kick long, one of them most often to advantage?
Rich doesn't just kick to advantage, he kicks it low, flat and fast to advantage. That's why he's a weapon. That's why I say Short's long, (mostly) high kicks are more defensive than offensive - they get the ball a long way away from him but rarely cut a swathe through the oppo like Rich's do. Probably unfair to Short, Rich is one of the best kicks in the comp.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Has Joe Daniher been fined for staging yet? What's that? Doesn't play for Richmond?

Carry on.

Reactions: 2 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
What a happy day so far.
The lay down misere for the premiership this year has just been dumped big time.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Has Joe Daniher been fined for staging yet? What's that? Doesn't play for Richmond?

Carry on.
Was that the incident where he laid down holding his as though it’d been decapitated then looked up with one eye to see if he’d been given the free and when he realised he hadn’t hopped straight up?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ever noticed that when things aren't going well for Geethrow a few of their players start complaining with team mates ? Close Eyes Hawkins is the main offender. He throws his arms up at team mates, gives them the odd spray, shaking his head. Cameron does it a bit. A few get stuck into Rub Down Rohan every now and again (probably understandable that one). Clangerfield whinges at his team mates.

• Wow

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Was that the incident where he laid down holding his as though it’d been decapitated then looked up with one eye to see if he’d been given the free and when he realised he hadn’t hopped straight up?

No that was the 2nd one. The 1st was towards the end of the 2nd, where he was out of position, got out bodied then just threw himself forward. The action where he threw himself forward the Geelong player wasn't even touching him. Wouldn't have been out of place in the Copa America.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Ever noticed that when things aren't going well for Geethrow a few of their players start complaining with team mates ? Close Eyes Hawkins is the main offender. He throws his arms up at team mates, gives them the odd spray, shaking his head. Cameron does it a bit. A few get stuck into Rub Down Rohan every now and again (probably understandable that one). Clangerfield whinges at his team mates.
I noticed Guthrie doing it too. I like it when I see other teams doing that, it just means they are not on the same page.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Nah the marking contest where he flung himself forward a la Stagerfield and won a free and kicked a goal.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
54 free kicks all up for the game. That must be close to a record.
Maybe not but that is a hell of a lot of frees in one game.
At least it was evenly spread 26 to 28.
Not like our games where we get reamed.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have no problem with paying more free kicks as we have seen the alternative - pay some, don't pay others, and it is a farce.

DS

Reactions: 2 users