Round 16 - the Meryl Streep games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 16 - the Meryl Streep games.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Geelongs percentage increased by 10%
It brings back memories of 2020
The media talk them only for them to capitulate in September.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
If we don’t make the finals from here,with the run we have, it will be a massive failure.

What's with the pessimistic post riddles. We have won 6 from the past 8 and should of won all 8. Lost to swans and cats by a combined total of 9 points.
We are playing well and will still challenge for a top 4 berth, based on our run home.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not in my personal opinion. You secure a base FIRST ie actually getting into the 8 first before worrying about loftier ambitions of finishing top 4 or whatever especially when you’ve lost or blown as many games as we have.

Right now we’re in a battle with a bunch of teams to just make the 8. We need those teams to lose, not win. St Kilda is one of them.
We're virtually no chance for the 4 if Fremantle win. Yes we're in a battle for the 8 and Carlton and Saints have tough draws remaining. Saints winning was good for us as we are only 1 game behind Blues with a much better percentage. That result just brought another team back down into the fight for the 8. Increases our chances imo as long as we win the ones we should.

Reactions: 1 user

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
What's with the pessimistic post riddles. We have won 6 from the past 8 and should of won all 8. Lost to swans and cats by a combined total of 9 points.
We are playing well and will still challenge for a top 4 berth, based on our run home.
Correction: we lost to the swans and cats by a combined total of 6 umpires

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Unreal it is.
It's hard to watch Graig.
Dacios holds the ball dead, prick calls a ball up.
Noble tries to take on the tackler, ball up
Crisp is caught trying to bust through a tackle ball bounces out his hands, play on.
I don't know why I'm upset I knee Collingwood would beat them.
Just wait till next week, the pricks will compensate GC in our game for tonight's efforts.
They cheated in the last 6-7 minutes to get Collingwood over the line.
You don't know what's happening behind closed doors, both Carlton & Collingwood are playing each week with 3 extra players, maybe the AFL need to clear there debt.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We're virtually no chance for the 4 if Fremantle win. Yes we're in a battle for the 8 and Carlton and Saints have tough draws remaining. Saints winning was good for us as we are only 1 game behind Blues with a much better percentage. That result just brought another team back down into the fight for the 8. Increases our chances imo as long as we win the ones we should.
No the Saints win was bad for us. Hoping they will lose future games is just that - hoping. You don’t want more teams in the battle for the 8 with you. You want less !!!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Nah was just responding to a post that said we were a bottom 8 side but poster clarified they meant bottom part of top 8.

That said we are playing well but still losing games we should win. Out of our 6 losses this year I contend we should have won 5 of them at least. Even if we won 2 or 3 we would be in the top 4 now. I think top 8 is a stretch. Reckon we’d have to win every game and our record this year shows there is not much hope of that. We are bound to drop at least one of them.

Our best is very good; probably second only to Melbourne’s best. But the difference between now and 2017-2020 is that we struggle to maintain our best for longer than a half of footy and that is what is getting us beaten.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Geelongs percentage increased by 10%
It brings back memories of 2020
The media talk them only for them to capitulate in September.
Deez v Cats GF at the moment.

Tigers shot themselves in the head for the second time this season last week and its looking likely they are going to reap what they sowed and handed 4 critical points to the Sooks, who then got the worlds greatest consolidation gift this week.

If that eventuates .......................

Either the Salties finally win (which I doubt) , or the Deez go back to back .................................................... talk about picking your poison.

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne

Tigers shot themselves in the head for the second time this season last week and its looking likely they are going to reap what they sowed and handed 4 critical points to the Sooks, who then got the worlds greatest consolidation gift this week.

Either the Salties finally win (which I doubt) , one or the Deez go back to back .................................................... talk about picking your poison.
I'm drinking dee juice every time...

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Daicos brothers are something special unfortunately:vomit

• Sad
Feb 25, 2007
No the Saints win was bad for us. Hoping they will lose future games is just that - hoping. You don’t want more teams in the battle for the 8 with you. You want less !!!

No mate, saints losing was good for us. They won't make it, their run and dogs' run home is pretty tough. Our run home is the best of all teams hovering around the 8, then the pies. We are playing well. More teams above us losing helps us climb the ladder, and possibly snatch a place in the top 4.

Saints play in the final 7 games> Freo, dogs, cats, lions, Sydney
Dogs play in the final 7 games> Sydney, Saints, Dees, Cats, Freo

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

If that eventuates .......................

Either the Salties finally win (which I doubt) , or the Deez go back to back .................................................... talk about picking your poison.
ABG Craigo. ABG.

Just could not stand to see Salty’s smug head if they won a flag.

Feb 25, 2007
Nah was just responding to a post that said we were a bottom 8 side but poster clarified they meant bottom part of top 8.

That said we are playing well but still losing games we should win. Out of our 6 losses this year I contend we should have won 5 of them at least. Even if we won 2 or 3 we would be in the top 4 now. I think top 8 is a stretch. Reckon we’d have to win every game and our record this year shows there is not much hope of that. We are bound to drop at least one of them.

Our best is very good; probably second only to Melbourne’s best. But the difference between now and 2017-2020 is that we struggle to maintain our best for longer than a half of footy and that is what is getting us beaten.

I'm hoping you'll like Jobe Watson's final 8 predictions ;)

ladder1.jpg

• Wow