Round 16 - the Meryl Streep games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 16 - the Meryl Streep games.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No mate, saints losing was good for us. They won't make it, their run and dogs' run home is pretty tough. Our run home is the best of all teams hovering around the 8, then the pies. We are playing well. More teams above us losing helps us climb the ladder, and possibly snatch a place in the top 4.

Saints play in the final 7 games> Freo, dogs, cats, lions, Sydney
Dogs play in the final 7 games> Sydney, Saints, Dees, Cats, Freo
Forget about top 4. Or even worrying or hoping for outcomes with other future games. Worry about making the 8. And on that front, St Kikda losing on Friday would have effectively eliminated one of our competitors. After last night, they’re still in it and competing with us. How that’s any good is bewildering. The fewer you’re competing with the sooner and present, the better. Mathematics.

Let Carlton go…they’re making the 8. Worry about what’s around you eg St Kilda.

Last edited:

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Deez v Cats GF at the moment.

Tigers shot themselves in the head for the second time this season last week and its looking likely they are going to reap what they sowed and handed 4 critical points to the Sooks, who then got the worlds greatest consolidation gift this week.

Either the Salties finally win (which I doubt) , one or the Deez go back to back .................................................... talk about picking your poison.
It wouldn't bother me Melbourne winning it.
I know 1 Melbourne supporter and he is quite.
I think if Geelong or Brisbane lost it would be the end of them, especially Geelong.
Watching Scott congratulate Goodwin would be good enough for me to have a good summer.
We fked up this season, by bullshiiting we were having a great preseason. Looking fresh and injury free, we started the season like we hadn't started a preseason.
The new style Hardwick tried early, failed badly and the list management, believing Dow & Collier Dawkins could fill holes in our side. Has come back and bit us on the ass.
We didn't need a Matty Knights, but a Chris Bond. Not expensive but reliable.
This could match 2018 for me, the season we couldve/shouldve won it.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Jobe hey? Whilst a QF at the G against those whiny arsewipes would be heaven sent; I’d probably rather Jobe pick us to kiss the 8!!

But yes I hope he does finally get something right.
I reckon if we beat Geelong again in September, ass wipe would pack it up and leave Geelong. He would leave them like his brother has left Nth Melbourne.

Feb 25, 2007
Forget about top 4. Worry about making the 8. And on that front, St Kikda losing would have effectively eliminated one of our competitors. After last night, they’re still in it and competing with us. How that’s any good is bewildering. The fewer you’re competing with the better. Mathematics.

Let Carlton go… worry about what’s around you.

Im thinking more 5th/6th but for the top 4 we need results to go our way plus us winning. I'm banking on us winning based on our form plus our run home. At the same time, hoping for teams above us to lose and some below which dogs did. The saints run home is too tough and they will drop games.

I didn't mention Carlton but they are around us too as is Sydney, win tomorrow and jump over the swans and only a game behind the blues who have an inferior percentage. Blues still got to play> Cats, Dees, Lions and Pies

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Im thinking more 5th/6th but for the top 4 we need results to go our way plus us winning. I'm banking on us winning based on our form plus our run home. At the same time, hoping for teams above us to lose and some below which dogs did. The saints run home is too tough and they will drop games.

I didn't mention Carlton but they are around us too as is Sydney, win tomorrow and jump over the swans and only a game behind the blues who have an inferior percentage. Blues still got to play> Cats, Dees, Lions and Pies
I don’t hope about a “teams run” when there’s an opportunity to end it there and then, like last night. Carlton could have ended St Kilda’s run. They didn’t. Now St.Kilda are still competing with us.

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne

I'd be more comfortable playing the Cats or Lions in the finals, Blues/Pies scare me the most for some reason.

Got to make it first though.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I reckon if we beat Geelong again in September, ass wipe would pack it up and leave Geelong. He would leave them like his brother has left Nth Melbourne.
Too late they extended his contract. Pussies are stuck with the prick for long.

Feb 25, 2007
I don’t hope about a “teams run” when there’s an opportunity to end it there and then, like last night. Carlton coukd have ended St Kilda’s run. They didn’t. Now St.Kilda are still competing with us.

Well, I'm confident we'll make it based on our form and run home. Of course, my first thought is us winning and whatever I think/hope after that is normal in footy circles, footy tipping etc Hoping for this team to win or lose is a normal thought process. Whether that happens is another story.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well, I'm confident we'll make it based on our form and run home. Of course, my first thought is us winning and whatever I think/hope after that is normal in footy circles, footy tipping etc Hoping for this team to win or lose is a normal thought process. Whether that happens is another story.
Exactly. That’s why I say you want a competing team to be eliminated - or progress towards being eliminated - as soon as possible. To that end, St Kilda losing last night would have done that instead of hoping that they’ll lose future games - and just because some people hate Carlton more than St Kikda. (Quite strange when so many were going for Essendon to beat Sydney …but anyway should have been the same with Carlton last night.)

Anyway, the most important component of the equation is for Richmond to just bloody win ! :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Exactly. That’s why I say you want a competing team to be eliminated - or progress towards being eliminated - as soon as possible. To that end, St Kilda losing last night would have done that instead of hoping that they’ll lose future games - and just because some people hate Carlton more than St Kikda. (Quite strange when so many were going for Essendon to beat Sydney …but anyway should have been the same with Carlton last night.)

Anyway, the most important component of the equation is for Richmond to just bloody win ! :ROFLMAO:
Cartoon and Ducks losing just softens them up a bit. Aints and Bummers are just the suicide bombers. Do the work and disappear.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
Cmon hirsute Astute ! (That’s you isn’t it.)

200.gif

• Haha

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Like dimma use to say we control our own 4 walls and take one game at a time like in the past the rest looks after itself.

Bourke'sFifthSymphony

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Have not hit our straps yet this year with a four-quarter superlative Richmond performance, yet we are in striking distance of top four.
As I always say, the competition is relative, in other words, there will be variables among supposedly "in-form" teams.
Damien always talks of consistency.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bottom line is, WE need to win.
Yep.
As the old saying goes, ya make your own bed. Unfortunately with the amount of games we've coughed up this year, our bed's full of *smile* n needs new sheets.

Pretty much need to play head down arse up for the rest of the home n away to guarantee a finals slot, then hope there's enough left in the tank to win four finals. Coulda, shoulda been top four with a bit of consistencey.