Round 18 - Last Round for the losers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 18 - Last Round for the losers

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
That's old all right. Most of those guys are dead!

Oldie but a goodie. That the old Bob Davis joke, someone asked him who would win out of his 50s sides and blights sides, he said 'them, just, but we're getting on a bit'

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
There is a difference between being a mature aged team and a straight out old team - one hopes.

Younger teams actually have a better record in finals than in h&a. A few warning signs for Geelong on Sunday. They've also been the third-oldest h&a team ever (27.20), and would be the oldest to win a flag. I expect Port beats them in week 1.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Oldie but a goodie. That the old Bob Davis joke, someone asked him who would win out of his 50s sides and blights sides, he said 'them, just, but we're getting on a bit'
Also Bradman, when it was put to him in the 80s that he would struggle to average 99.94 against the powerful Windies pace quartet: "I would probably average around 50. But you have to remember, I am 80!"

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Our oldest team this year was last week's @ 26.68. The return of Lynch and Prestia at the expense of younger players will likely make it the oldest Richmond team since the 1930's.

Oldest premiership teams on GF day
Thank you @LeeToRainesToRoach magnificent work as per usual..

Any chance you can get in touch with DKing to let him know you're only a phone call away... might allow him to use a few facts instead of some of the stats he throws out!

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Younger teams actually have a better record in finals than in h&a. A few warning signs for Geelong on Sunday. They've also been the third-oldest h&a team ever (27.20), and would be the oldest to win a flag. I expect Port beats them in week 1.

Ah - you answered my question - thanks - as you would expect there is a tipping point where you can actually be too old like last year when Geelong couldn’t go with us when we went up another year in last years prelim. Old teams like Geelong ran out of steam last year as they couldn’t maintain the H&A form all year and the same appears to be happening this year.

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Ah - you answered my question - thanks - as you would expect there is a tipping point where you can actually be too old like last year when Geelong couldn’t go with us when we went up another year in last years prelim. Old teams like Geelong ran out of steam last year as they couldn’t maintain the H&A form all year and the same appears to be happening this year.

They certainly looked old and slow against the Swans. Should have lost that.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yes and it may manifest again with sheer finals intensity but there were were already signs that the Moggs are hitting the wall over the last few weeks. Even though overall fewer games and shorter duration have made them look better than they really are. Since we exposed them brutally, they have struggled to get over the Bulldogs and Swans should have beaten them comfortably but for the over-rated Papley missing at least 2 sitters.

I think they might be able to get over Poort due to a lack of a suitable match-up for PITB Hawkins as well as their serious desperation to win another flag for the motley crew of Selwood, Gazza and Danger.
But then Weagles, who should terminate the Skunks, to belt them out of it, as they have the tight defence and sharp forwards who will outplay them given Nicnat to win CLRs between relatively equal midfields.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Nah I reckon Port with the help of their feral supporters will just get them over the line against the Pensioners!!!
And don't forgot the influence on the umpires!? But the oldies get a weeks recovery don't forget. Thrashed the ferals' faves last time too.

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Another Titus O’Reilly pearler

Attachments

• 7549F32E-38E2-43AD-8897-A0BBC40EAAF1.jpeg
    7549F32E-38E2-43AD-8897-A0BBC40EAAF1.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users