Round 2 (Hawthorn Away) Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 (Hawthorn Away) Ticketing and Other Discussion

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Was anyone directed to scan in after completing a covid QR code last week?
I wasn't, but was just listening to a report that we have to this week.

(Apologies if this has already been raised elsewhere ) :)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Further to my earlier post and for any others who like myself are clueless.... Apparently the easiest method of sign in is by downloading the Service Victora app

Android link attached. ...
Apple users go wherever it is you go to get these things
Anti vaxxers and QAnon followers make your own arrangements.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Not sure where the cheer squad will be at an away game, where does the Hawthorn Cheer Squad go when they are playing a non-MCG team?

After scanning in to the ground there were no checks on the area you went and sat in and no sign of any issues with standing room. I figure you will all be ok standing, the only issue would be if there are large numbers in standing room and it becomes noticeable.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Nah disagree... it’s a hawthorn home game
you want priority to this game pay the extra and get away game access

having a home Richmond membership has absolutely no rights to a hawks game

You're missing my point. I accept 11 game members technically have no rights to away games. and 16 game members do deserve priority, 100%. I was a 16-game member for years and years myself. But members still deserve rights over non-members for any game, whether it be home games, away games or promotional games played in Timbuktu. And its ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

You don't normally get priority over others for away games. This is no different.

No it hasn't in the past, but smaller capacities means members of competing clubs should be prioritised over the general public. anyway, i got my ticket, so all’s well that ends well, I guess. But out of principal, the system is wrong.

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
Nah disagree... it’s a hawthorn home game

You're missing my point. I accept 11 game members technically have no rights to away games. and 16 game members do deserve priority, 100%. I was a 16-game member for years and years myself. But members still deserve rights over non-members for any game, whether it be home games, away games or promotional games played in Timbuktu. And its ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

No it hasn't in the past, but smaller capacities means members of competing clubs should be prioritised over the general public. anyway, i got my ticket, so all’s well that ends well, I guess. But out of principal, the system is wrong.
Didn’t miss your point... didn’t agree with it.. big difference

it’s a hawks game.. they have absolutely zero obligation to Richmond members.
Theyd rather have neutral theatre goers than Richmond supporters at the game

if it was say us vs pies and we got 60k Richmond 10k neutrals and 20k pies vs 60 rich and 30 pies I know which one I’d rather.

Our home members have absolutely nothing to do with a hawks game.. zero entitlement and nor should they

just like we owe oppo clubs nothing to
Ours!

Reactions: 2 users

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
Got on half an hour ago after finishing work. 2 seats in N57 row F. Happy days

Feb 25, 2007
Not sure where the cheer squad will be at an away game, where does the Hawthorn Cheer Squad go when they are playing a non-MCG team?

DS

Only Pies have the city end, home and away!

The Hawks will be at punt Road End. Tigers at the City End.

Click on the below link to see The Cheersquad's seating notification for RD 2

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

it’s a hawks game.. they have absolutely zero obligation to Richmond members.
Theyd rather have neutral theatre goers than Richmond supporters at the game

if it was say us vs pies and we got 60k Richmond 10k neutrals and 20k pies vs 60 rich and 30 pies I know which one I’d rather.

Our home members have absolutely nothing to do with a hawks game.. zero entitlement and nor should they

just like we owe oppo clubs nothing to
Ours!
Pretty sure most/all of the extra ~$100 for the 5 away games on a 16-game ticket goes to the home clubs, and none to Richmond. If anything the home club has an obligation to accommodate the 16-game 'away' members ahead of those who haven't pre-paid.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Pretty sure most/all of the extra ~$100 for the 5 away games on a 16-game ticket goes to the home clubs, and none to Richmond. If anything the home club has an obligation to accommodate the 16-game 'away' members ahead of those who haven't pre-paid.

That wasn't the point PM was making. Obviously 16 game members take priority. Ian was making the point that non-16 game members should always have priority over non members for the rest of the tickets.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
That wasn't the point PM was making. Obviously 16 game members take priority. Ian was making the point that non-16 game members should always have priority over non members for the rest of the tickets.
Was supporting his point that the home club has no obligation to members (or non-members) of the away club who have not pre-paid.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Was supporting his point that the home club has no obligation to members (or non-members) of the away club who have not pre-paid.
Ah ok, must have mis read it. I agree with that view too. If you pay for home and away membership then you get priority, if you didn't then you don't.

I'm a home member only btw.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Further to my earlier post and for any others who like myself are clueless.... Apparently the easiest method of sign in is by downloading the Service Victora app

Android link attached. ...
Apple users go wherever it is you go to get these things
Anti vaxxers and QAnon followers make your own arrangements.

Geez. I wonder if Dan would like my bank account details or the colour of my undies as well?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
75% capacity: when do we ever get 75k to a Hawks away game?
Only Pies have the city end, home and away!

The Hawks will be at punt Road End. Tigers at the City End.

Click on the below link to see The Cheersquad's seating notification for RD 2

*smile* the Pies , hopefully now Edwards gone there *smile* agreement with the MCG can be ripped up and fairs fair to the home teams

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007

Thanks for the heads up and no this wasn't implemented last week. In my view, this will cause delays getting into the ground, especially if this isn't common knowledge and or people don't have the app. I tried using the app three times recently on a visit to regional Victoria and it only worked one out of the three times. I can see some angry fans if this happens on the weekend.

As an aside, shouldn't they have the details of everyone who attended the game as we all have to provide names now for who is going to use the ticket.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Thanks for the heads up and no this wasn't implemented last week. In my view, this will cause delays getting into the ground, especially if this isn't common knowledge and or people don't have the app. I tried using the app three times recently on a visit to regional Victoria and it only worked one out of the three times. I can see some angry fans if this happens on the weekend.

As an aside, shouldn't they have the details of everyone who attended the game as we all have to provide names now for who is going to use the ticket.

Yeah, I figured that was why I us scanned my ticket and walked in.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

fine then. we'll agree to disagree. because I'm not wrong.

*smile* the Pies , hopefully now Edwards gone there *smile* agreement with the MCG can be ripped up and fairs fair to the home teams

Collingwood were strong (and Richmond were weak) at exactly the wrong time when the north side of the MCG was rebuilt 20 years ago. That’s how Collingwood got that unbelievable deal in the Ponsford Stand that screws over other MCG tenants.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
fine then. we'll agree to disagree. because I'm not wrong.

Collingwood were strong (and Richmond were weak) at exactly the wrong time when the north side of the MCG was rebuilt 20 years ago. That’s how Collingwood got that unbelievable deal in the Ponsford Stand that screws over other MCG tenants.
I remember you explaining a couple years back how it all happened Ian . As much as I’d love been able to have an ale in glass in the Ryder room each away game as we do each home game , it’s just not the way the G and AFL should work , it is classic Edward greed thinking he is above everything else in the AFL, when we all know that we are the kings :))

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Richmond supporters should stay away and see how many Hawthorn pull through the gates.
They will struggle to get more then Melbourne did against Freo.
Hawthorn has the biggest made up supporter base in the comp.