Round 2 (Hawthorn Away) Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 (Hawthorn Away) Ticketing and Other Discussion

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Thought this deserved a thread as well because the game in 13 days away. They will be coming around thick and fast from here and we will need to apply for tix almost on a weekly basis. I checked Ticketek and it says tickets go on sale soon, but no On Sale date is listed. I'm thinking it might be as soon as the second half of this week...? Or perhaps early next week for away supporters.

Being the away team, I’m sure access to tickets will be scarce. However, that also depends on whether Hawthorn takes up its full allocation (which is doubtful). It also depends on if the cap is raised as well.

Does anyone know for sure how much Carlton is getting access to this thursday? I'm hearing people claim as little as 1,000 and as much as 5,000. It might give us some indication of how much will be allocated to us in R2.

Thoughts?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
For 3121 Members

Round 2 vs Hawthorn:

We are currently finalising the ticketing process for away games at the 'G for 3121 members and will communicate to you all directly via email in the coming week. Please be patient whilst we work through this.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Just a reminder, Round 3 Reserved seat members ballot opens tomorrow, goes until Friday

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I'm sure we will get an email about it too but thanks for heads up
Richmond vs Sydney | 1:45pm MCG | April 3

Round 3 reserved seat ballot will open Tuesday 16 March and close Friday March 19 at 11.59pm AEDT. Reserved seat and reserved bay members will be emailed directly once the ballot is open with their 12-digit member barcodes and ballot entry link.

Please ensure all ballot entries are completed correctly as any errors will make the ballot entry void. Refer to the ballot 'how to' guide above.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Richmond vs Sydney | 1:45pm MCG | April 3

Round 3 reserved seat ballot will open Tuesday 16 March and close Friday March 19 at 11.59pm AEDT. Reserved seat and reserved bay members will be emailed directly once the ballot is open with their 12-digit member barcodes and ballot entry link.

Please ensure all ballot entries are completed correctly as any errors will make the ballot entry void. Refer to the ballot 'how to' guide above.
It’s like playing finals all year

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
*smile*! All bloody ready. Haven't even got to see the first game yet n was just gettin comfy anticipating. Thanks for the heads up larabee.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez, didn't know about the round 3 ballot, no email yet here.

Was wondering what will happen with away games. I have a Roaming Tiger Home and Away membership so need to work it out. If crowd numbers are up then I might be a chance.

DS

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If you're not in the ballot, you can't go to the game. But I'm sure the club will communicate this at some point soon.
I love hearing commentators crack inside jokes that only they would get, then go on about what they had for lunch yesterday and drop names of "the great man"... "who i chatted to last week" blah, blah, blah, while the casual call the game inbetween.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
I love hearing commentators crack inside jokes that only they would get, then go on about what they had for lunch yesterday and drop names of "the great man"... "who i chatted to last week" blah, blah, blah, while the casual call the game inbetween.
I'm getting confused about what thread I'm reading. Round 2 vs hawthorn or Round 3 vs sydney or is that the other way around? And we haven't even settled round 1 and it's only Tuesday.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
there seemed to be a few carlton fans last night. perhaps they were allocated closer to 5,000 tickets (plus their AFL and MCC members probably pushed their numbers to about 10,000).

This is a little encouraging for R2. The AFL also seem to be of the view that the capacity cap will be raised next week. Last night seemed to have ran pretty smoothly from a COVID safe aspect. I felt the MCC were fairly well organised. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go to 60,000 next week.

I'm getting confused about what thread I'm reading. Round 2 vs hawthorn or Round 3 vs sydney or is that the other way around? And we haven't even settled round 1 and it's only Tuesday.

Ironically, I created this thread to avoid confusion. We have to buy tickes for every game and we have to be organised and ahead of the game to make sure we are ready to purchase. We are 9 days out from R2 and we haven't received any information re access to R2 tickets.

What makes it even more confusing is that the ballot for R3 is opening today, but we still have no news re R2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dusty123456

Tiger Cub
Aug 12, 2020
They kept them all together at the Ponsford end so it was Carlton-safe for the rest of us too.
Really? I was at Punt Rd End all the way up at the back and there was a small section of Blues supporters up on level 4, and I felt that they made some good noise (the blues fans as a whole)