Round 2 - Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 - Other Games

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I can just picture the smug Carlton supporters at the ground sinking in their seats thinking here we go again. Another *smile* season!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This is insane footy. Virtually no defence at all. Looks like 1987. Kick long contest, hanger, ball to ground, crumbers crumb, runners run. Bizarre. I refuse to believe it's all down to one rule change. Dunno if it will suit us long term.
Agree. Not sure this suits us (yet anyway). Been saying this the last 2 weeks or so.

Reactions: 1 user

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Sides have finally learnt they cannot match Tigers unless they adopt our style..that is...play on at all costs , run, carry, handball forward and kick to one on ones.
What we are seeing is other sides playing our way...but...they are not providing defensive effort.
Little effective tackling. Not much running to defensive 50.
Hence at times they look likei sides playing practice games.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
The new rule is not doing this but is allowing a defensive player to be out of the game briefly, hence aiding open forward lines if attacking is done fast.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Is Patrick Cripps carrying something, or does fast paced footy make him look like Mick Nolan after Xmas dinner?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Scumbag umpires!!! How the *smile* is that chopping of the arms?

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Sides have finally learnt they cannot match Tigers unless they adopt our style..that is...play on at all costs , run, carry, handball forward and kick to one on ones.
What we are seeing is other sides playing our way...but...they are not providing defensive effort.
Little effective tackling. Not much running to defensive 50.
Hence at times they look likei sides playing practice games.

Go fast, they can't setup. We have the advantage of knowing what works against us, so hopefully we can evolve to quickly remain #1 at stopping our opposition.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
On queue Cox collapses like a daddy long legs after the slightest touch, and receives the free.

%!#!#!#! Umpires.

• Sad

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wasn't sure who I wanted to win this match. Predict the AFL Ladder 2021 comp comes in handy during these confusing matches, Go Blues !

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Feels like I'm torn between Satan and Adolf Hitler. Somebody will lose. That's good

Reactions: 2 users