Round 2 - Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 - Other Games

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Danger ran into Kelly, looking at the video it was Fyfe running into Reid. The fact that Reid knew it was coming and connected with the head means 2 weeks looks reasonable and Danger deserved more as he just lined up Kelly.

I'm still pissed off that the hit on Vlastuin wasn't even cited, he should have got at least 2 weeks.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The video clearly shows Fyfe heading directly towards Reid and not looking at the ball which is at 90 degrees to the direction he is moving. If he was moving towards the ball it would be a different matter but his eyes were clearly on Reid.
Huh? You're watching a different video surely? So Fyfe did some sort of kamikaze attack on Reid's shoulder with his head?

It's interesting the hatred for the elite players in other teams. Never seen Fyfe as a sniper. A fierce ball player with a desire to win. Clanger is the same. I don't subscribe to some sort of dirty player rhetoric. They get tagged all the time, mostly done by illegal tactics. Having to be physically aggressive is part of the game.

Trying to pin this as a snipe attack gone wrong is farcical.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Reid is running towards the ball, Fyfe is running slightly away from the ball.
Fyfe is moving faster than the person who hits him.
Reid is pushed.
Reid's feet are touching the ground at the moment of impact.

Play on.
Precisely. Unfortunately Poster Boy was involved. If this was actually worth 2 weeks then Dangerfield should have got 6

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I would be staggered if we haven’t banked those couple of first round draft picks for either Kelly or Merrett.

How could we possibly pay Kelly 75% of what he wants and keep $hai?

Kelly would realise his potential at rfc,

But not worf it imo

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
How could we possibly pay Kelly 75% of what he wants and keep $hai?

Kelly would realise his potential at rfc,

But not worf it imo
"Hey, Kelly. Wanna play for Richmond? You're getting 600. Say thank you."

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Huh? You're watching a different video surely? So Fyfe did some sort of kamikaze attack on Reid's shoulder with his head?

It's interesting the hatred for the elite players in other teams. Never seen Fyfe as a sniper. A fierce ball player with a desire to win. Clanger is the same. I don't subscribe to some sort of dirty player rhetoric. They get tagged all the time, mostly done by illegal tactics. Having to be physically aggressive is part of the game.

Trying to pin this as a snipe attack gone wrong is farcical.
I think Fyfe is a brilliant player and would love him in the yellow and black. He's definitely a sniper IMHO, and it gets away with it due to his clean, wholesome image. I've said it before, i reckon he could pull out a sawn off shotgun in the middle of Optus Stadium and blow someone away and he'll only get a fine. The year of his first Charlie, there were 3 incidents where a Greene/Lynch type would get weeks, but he got fined to save the AFL embarrassment on Brownlow night. Tom Mitchell hitting that bloke from behind is another example of a Brownlow favorite getting off to save the AFL embarrassment. Didn't the Bont whack someone (my memory is sketchy, maybe Haynes of GWS?) when he was having a good year and got off? Took Gablett a 3rd consecutive hit to get rubbed out when he went though that angry period. Multiple examples.

Anyway, back to Fyfe, he's definitely treated differently. Ran through a pack in 2019 and collected Lynch with an elbow, no case to answer. Can't comment on the Fyfe/Reid incident as I haven't seen it, but if Fyfe copped his right whack on 2/3 occasions, he definitely wouldn't have the clean image that he enjoys now.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The old codger is at it again..sook!
View attachment 11810
Actually didn't mind him calling out the tagging, scragging crap that some of the dud numpties get away with. At the very worst, nothing will happen n the *smile* will continue as normal. At the very best, the maggots might get a rule of the week to operate by for a few games n a few of the elite mids might get a little more room to play best footy.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I keep pointing out that holding an opposition player who is not in possession of the ball is meant to be against the rules. Just wish they would pay it occasionally. Now that would open up the game without the need for the stupid scarecrow on the mark bulls***.

DS