Round 22 the lesser games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 22 the lesser games

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Will they sack Goodwin?

Elvis could take over, wouldn’t make a difference. This is Melbourne.
1987 missed a grand final, because of pathetic kicking at goal
1988 made the grand final, got slapped and disappeared for then 10 years.
Did the same in 2000 made the GF, got slapped and disappeared again.
Melbourne should merge with hawthorn
Footscray with North.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just read that Champion Data listed Melbourne as having the best list pre season...no wonder I stopped buying the Prospectus many years ago.

Champion data Should be renamed Champion clueless.
Everyone could see that Melbourne team was fragile.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Feel sorry for their supporters who showed up tonight (but don't feel sorry for their **** club).
I've been there, sitting in a cold almost empty stadium watching your team getting belted, and losing hope. Good on em for turning up, their team didn't

Any true Richmond supporter that went to the MCG or VFL park during 1986-1993 would know what every Melbourne supporter feels.
The 4 game winning season.
Celebrating a win like it was your birthday.
Getting tricked into thinking we have improved to see another disaster unfold.
They were the dark years.

The Zips best wins over that period (I attended)
*Essendon Windy hill. Andrew Underwood BOG
*Hawthorn VFL park. First time we beat them in 300 years.
*Carlton MCG. Friday night game. Pym kicked 4

The Zips Shattering losses
*87. Up by 6+ goals against Collingwood at 3qtr time VFL, they came back and won.
*93 round 1 against Adelaide MCG. We just played off in the fosters cup GF, everyone was pumped.
*89 wooden spoon match against Brisbane Bears. Embarrassing
*90 Victoria park Collingwood. We had just beaten stkilda things like we were on the improve. Dacios ripped us a new one. Game was over 20 minute mark of the first qtr.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Seriously the AFL need to stop putting Sydney games on friday nights.
Ive lost count how many times they have been on at prime time.
Theyre *smile* to watch

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
So our vfl game is 2pm at the same time as Brisbane Geelong.
Sad. I’ll have to watch the Bris game on tv with the richmond game going on the I pad.

And after that I’ll be a crows supporter for a few hours.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Any true Richmond supporter that went to the MCG or VFL park during 1986-1993 would know what every Melbourne supporter feels.
The 4 game winning season.
Celebrating a win like it was your birthday.
Getting tricked into thinking we have improved to see another disaster unfold.
They were the dark years.

The Zips best wins over that period (I attended)
*Essendon Windy hill. Andrew Underwood BOG
*Hawthorn VFL park. First time we beat them in 300 years.
*Carlton MCG. Friday night game. Pym kicked 4

The Zips Scattering losses
*87. Up by 6+ goals against Collingwood at 3qtr time VFL, they came back and won.
*93 round 1 against Adelaide MCG. We just played off in the fosters cup GF, everyone was pumped.
*89 wooden spoon match against Brisbane Bears. Embarrassing
*90 Victoria park Collingwood. We had just beaten stkilda things like we were on the improve. Dacios ripped us a new one. Game was over 20 minute mark of the first qtr.

This was a dark day Zips, least I got to see Ablett kick 10.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Melbourne can bang on all it likes about pre-season surgeries and injuries and whatever else they like, but essentially that club and its players lack a backbone ... got no intestinal fortitude any of them.
No wonder their supporters go skiing.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Melbourne can bang on all it likes about pre-season surgeries and injuries and whatever else they like, but essentially that club and its players lack a backbone ... got no intestinal fortitude any of them.
No wonder their supporters go skiing.
For as long as I can remember Melbourne have been guilty of getting ahead of themselves. 2019 is another example.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
And to make it even better it was at Arctic Park. In a weird way I was almost disappointed that he didn’t equal or break the record, so that I could say I was there that day.

That's it, Carn.
If I am being honest I was actually wanting Dunstall to break the record so I could say the same thing.
The funny thing for me was that Richmond actually led that game for about five minutes in the frst quarter when we kicked the opening point. Some wag in the crowd, knowing how *smile* the Tigers were, yelled out, "Blow the siren" when that behind was scored. Miserable days indeed

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
What is it about Goodwin? I find him extremely hard to warm to. (Fortunately I don't have to )

Not sure if it's the funny adelaide accent or the fact that he'll always be inextricably linked to the dopes @windy hill..!

Maybe he's just a *smile* coach who got lucky last year.

So much for the mentoring he received from coaching me$$iah Roos :mhihi

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
What is it about Goodwin? I find him extremely hard to warm to. (Fortunately I don't have to )

Not sure if it's the funny adelaide accent or the fact that he'll always be inextricably linked to the dopes @windy hill..!

Maybe he's just a **** coach who got lucky last year.

So much for the mentoring he received from coaching me$$iah Roos :mhihi

Yep. Reckon he behaved appallingly at the Bongers. Think he was probably on as much juice as the players.
The players at Melbourne certainly aren't "playing for him".

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yep. Reckon he behaved appallingly at the Bongers. Think he was probably on as much juice as the players.
The players at Melbourne certainly aren't "playing for him".

IIRC... him and jimbob were keen on the melatonin. .... if nothing else, narcissist of the highest order!
At least our old coach never hid the fact he liked a tan..... wanted a booth in his contract so we gave him a couple of windscreen reflectors and some150 watt floodlights..:cool:

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I was going to stand up for the Dees on account of their injuries but even that is not much of an excuse.

McDonald is a big loss (what a pathetic forward line that was last night) and a fit May would make them better.

But beyond that? Jetta goes OK, Jeffy is good on his day (30 years old though) and Weideman on last year's form makes a difference.

Kolodjashnij has had a terrible run with injury.

But geez, the cupboard is bare.

Their injuries are no worse than anyone else's at this time of year.