Round 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 22

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
With the passing of Captain Blood, 2 or 3 expected retirements and hopefully some resignations, I'm curious on what the crowd figure will be against the Hawks.

With all of the above, and this being Richmond's home game, the Hawks finishing the year pretty strong, etc. I would think that weather permitting, the crowd may exceed most people's expectations considering the postions of the duds, I mean clubs.

I personally will go for 3 reasons,

1 - coz I pretty much always go

2 - hopefully will see the coach and many other duds for the last time

3 - am looking forward to being part of the tribute to the great Captain Blood.

Will others from here who wouldn't usually go considering our current form, list, coach, etc. be attending this week???

Early prediction - 44,350

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I personally would love to be there, if for nothing else to pay my respects to a true Icon of the RFC, but unfortunatley Vietnam is too far away.

Fortunately the game is televised next week here.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I'm a glutten for punishment.

Go to all of Richmonds victorian games.

I agree, their should be a fair crowd.

Geez, I am going to miss the footy in the off season.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I intend to go next week if my son doesn't have a final on Sunday.

I did intend to go today too, but wasn't willing to try and dodge falling trees and wombats while driving in torrential rain. Not good weather for travelling, but I'm glad I didn't go. Would have been so depressing driving home.

If there isn't a decent turn out of Tiger supporters next week the club is in more trouble than I thought.

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Yes Newmo, I will be going. Was hoping to make it anyway .....just to say " We are here , we are tough , WE... are Richmond ".

Now , How could any Tiger, who says they love Richmond ,do otherwise.

Lets all make it , this is all we can do.......if we dont turn up, we are surrendering the birthright that Jack gave us.

Here the call ... " Tiger ARMY , Jack, Jack, Jack Dyer!

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
I haven't been to a game in weeks after not missing a game in Victoria for 12 years (apart from O/S travel). I figured the club get my money through the membership so not turning up was my own sad little protest at the current state of the club. I'll be going on Sunday only to farewell one the the greatest players ever. RIP Jack.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Wasn't going to go, but will absolutely be there to say goodbye to Jack.
"She" will not be amused, but what's new ? ;)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Went to Shepparton for the weekend so missed the port game. Would be going to the game with T.G. any way, no way known will we be missing the chance to farewell Jack Dyer (time to retire 17 permanently and a few others).

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Was there yesterday (great job by the cheer squad with the banner) and will be there next week.

Sadly despite the build up I still can't see us winning :-\ .