Round 3 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 3 - other games

Feb 25, 2007
Cats just play safe keepings off, this will not win them a flag. Bruise free to the max, like netball.
The cats should've lost to Brisbane and the hawks came at them hard in the last which made it somewhat interesting and imo they should've won it but for some silly errors.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Mincey and Elmer reckon it’s the greatest weekend of football ever ha ha. That is code for both their teams won and *smile* Richmond finally lost!!
I'm telling you, we win this years flag and im out.
I cant stand this *smile* throwing towards us constantly.
Longmire apparently is a Great coach, 1 flag in 10 years.
I've never ever heard them mention Hardwick as a great of the game.
Never.
Last week they were talking about good/great coaches.
No mention of Hardwick, just silence and then a call of Clarkson.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Mincey and Elmer reckon it’s the greatest weekend of football ever ha ha. That is code for both their teams won and *smile* Richmond finally lost!!
Wish I could write Elmer's vernacular.....sounds like a vomit.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Its relatively clear to me that part of our and other finalists performances is a fitness issue.

None of the 6 teams that went past week 1 of finals have looked great, Richmond, Brisbane, Geelong, Port, Saints and Collingwood have all looked off the pace so far.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Its relatively clear to me that part of our and other finalists performances is a fitness issue.

None of the 6 teams that went past week 1 of finals have looked great, Richmond, Brisbane, Geelong, Port, Saints and Collingwood have all looked off the pace so far.
Precisely. 4 weeks additional pre season. Fitness and skills well advanced. The good teams will catch up. Some of the prior year bottom 10 will maintain their performance.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Geelong should be 1 and 2. Could easily be 0 and 3. Damn, thinking about that draft pick.

Reactions: 1 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
It's a LONG season
The Tigers will get there
They'll sort there way through to the finals
Then it's TIGER TIME

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
As far as I know no team has won a premiership in March,April,or May for that matter.So let the wannebes feel good for awhile and just let us settle into another flag run and then those in charge can change the rules again next year.Heres a thought finals in April,maybe even April 1 Grand Final?That should do it...............

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Hawks screwed themselves with two terrible kicks in the last 5.

expecting Geelong to send a thank you card to the umpires for that down field free that resulted in a goal

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Mentioned this in another thread.
Top 6 teams are struggling Due to a lack of fitness and skills.
Don’t believe it has much to do with the new rule.
Last year was a long season, especially for the finalists.
The results we are seeing now is fools gold.
Give it another 3 -4 weeks and let see what starts happening

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
1 thing Nick Riewoldt said today on the couch was that Sydney have the highest kick rating (not disposal efficiency but graded based on the kick difficulty).

So we got beaten by a side that had a fitness advantage and that kicked better than anyone else in the competition.

We will be fine, not many will be able to replicate the quality of their kicking from Saturday (and it was clear with the naked eye too).

Even if we are 3-3 from 6 I'm not too worried (and that would mean we would lose 2 of the next 3.

Saints I think are in trouble, 1st half of the year much easier than the 2nd half and next 3 are Eagles, Tiges and Port.

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Will be interesting to see what Hartigan cops for his whack of Tom Hawkins.
Should be at least 4 weeks..........for not doing the job properly

and before anyone complains, I know concussion is a serious issue but this is that sniping coward and I am hoping the karma bus hits him big time

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
MD Jazz called it. Looks like Theresstillhopebourne will now schizo into Egobourne again.

Gawwy will be talking them up on OTC tomorrow night.

Interesting game against the Pussies next Sunday at the G.

On exposed Form the Godeez should beat them.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Also, I may have missed it at the time, but did the pussies complain about having to play a home game at the MCG against an MCG tenant club? Or is that whinging reserved for a specific club?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Lost in round 1, gifted the round 2 game by a Shocking non decision and scraped through a win in round 3 by less than a goal against a possible bottom 4 side.
Let them believe that :)
You forgot to add more salt. They lost to wooden spooners in R1.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I watched maybe the last quarter and a half of the Geelong Hawthorn game.

The short kicking was just boring, no Dusty moments there.

It was interesting to see more player on player play as opposed to zoning. Wonder whether we will see more of that or something in between. Maybe it is just the way Geelong and Hawthorn play or maybe this is a change in the game.

DS