Round 6 - the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 - the other games

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Wow how things change season by season. You go from finals, to staring down your 3rd 70+ point defeat out of 6 to start this year. Awful start for the Saints.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
0, 2, 1, 2, 2 & 0 so far this year. On top of averaging .72 marks per game last year and taking more than 2 marks in a game only 3 times since the start of 2018 , I’m guessing the bookies don’t want to lose money on punters betting on a sure thing :))
Brilliant.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
1-5 Figgy.....2nd last. What happened??:mhihi
Thinking Figgy mighta stayed just long enough to help *smile* his club over :)).
Colonwood,
Prez out the door n sitting in the stands with his constipated head on.
Coach Figgy sitting in the coaches box with his constipated head on.
Bunch of mediocre players being paid overs n jamming up the salary cap while playing like constipated arseholes.
Meanwhile their fans in the outer are suffering from a nightmare case of the dribbling *smile*.
Colonwood with their arses hanging out n dragging in the gravel brings some much needed relief n a smile from our own form n injury woes.

What's with that Trey Rissole *smile* ant of theirs, miserable little *smile* never stopped moaning n bleating at the maggots every time they pinged him for being a useless shitful player.

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
As much as I can't stand these port pricks, they more times than not don't bomb going in to forward 50. I watched them carefully and their first option is always to hit up a free target or a moving target going into space. We too often just bomb and hope. We seriously need to fine-tune our forward 50 entries.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Figgy reportedly saying that the 'dumb' jumper clash may have affected his team.
He might be right. There seemed to be a lot of turnovers. How the AFL let that happen is mind boggling (or perhaps it isn't)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Few teams got nice home ground advantage this week.
Port always seem to play bottom 8 sides every week.
Not bad for a team that finished on top last year.
The only time they travelled they absolutely got smashed..
Not convinced they're any good.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wow how things change season by season. You go from finals, to staring down your 3rd 70+ point defeat out of 6 to start this year. Awful start for the Saints.
They're shitt.
Any club dumb enough to pay 600k for crouch and 800k for Hill you know your fked especially against the biggest front runners in the comp in port Adelaide

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Was anyone else barracking hard for the Bummers today? I was and I feel dirty but so happy those Collingwood scumbags get even more attention. Figgy must surely be on last legs

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
They're shitt.
Any club dumb enough to pay 600k for crouch and 800k for Hill you know your fked especially against the biggest front runners in the comp in port Adelaide
Ben Long burnt Hill and kicked out of bounds. Hill shaking his head. Not a happy camp at Moorabbin.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Figgy reportedly saying that the 'dumb' jumper clash may have affected his team.
Bloody hell....that's worse than the De Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooey *smile* he let out last week.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
He might be right. There seemed to be a lot of turnovers. How the AFL let that happen is mind boggling (or perhaps it isn't)

I don't disagree on the stupidity of it all JB, but Figgy raising it suggests his team was worse off than the Bombers. I would have thought both teams were effected by it, although I guess winners are grinners so you won't hear a peep out of Rutten.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
As much as I can't stand these port pricks, they more times than not don't bomb going in to forward 50. I watched them carefully and their first option is always to hit up a free target or a moving target going into space. We too often just bomb and hope. We seriously need to fine-tune our forward 50 entries.
That's my conclusion to from the Dee's game. The small forwards were too high up the ground, leaving Lynch and Jack 1 on 2, 1 on 3 deep. And they just rebounded them back out at will. We won the inside 50 count 60 to 56. We scored 6.12 plus another 7 missed shots with no score, 1 less shot than the Demons 26 shots. Just played bad 'forward' football. Need to get the smalls around Lynch and Jack when the ball goes to ground.

Also we only used 49 substitutions out of 75, extremely low on a wet and rainy night. The boys ran out of legs. In the GF even without Vlastuin, Houli on one leg, think Broady went off for awhile too, we used 63 so 49 is very low for a game when the opponents used 74. So we used one less rotation per player being able to have a rest.

Pressure count was around 200 so that's very high, just didn't convert our chances. Should have been 7.3, 8.3 to 2.3 early in the second and perhaps a very different result.

Feb 25, 2007
That's my conclusion to from the Dee's game. The small forwards were too high up the ground, leaving Lynch and Jack 1 on 2, 1 on 3 deep. And they just rebounded them back out at will. We won the inside 50 count 60 to 56. We scored 6.12 plus another 7 missed shots with no score, 1 less shot than the Demons 26 shots. Just played bad 'forward' football. Need to get the smalls around Lynch and Jack when the ball goes to ground.

Also we only used 49 substitutions out of 75, extremely low on a wet and rainy night. The boys ran out of legs. In the GF even without Vlastuin, Houli on one leg, think Broady went off for awhile too, we used 63 so 49 is very low for a game when the opponents used 74. So we used one less rotation per player being able to have a rest.

Pressure count was around 200 so that's very high, just didn't convert our chances. Should have been 7.3, 8.3 to 2.3 early in the second and perhaps a very different result.

Well said, agree wholeheartedly!

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Well said, agree wholeheartedly!
And Salem was BOG, that first quarter and a bit he was there best player by far, then Lever, Tomlinson, and I noticed Petracca after half time, not the whole game, but their defence, our poor forward conversion rate kept them within striking distance.

Early Inside 50's were like 10-1, 22-10 or something halfway through the second quarter, then it changed.

Me and my mates have been saying for 30 years you have to convert when you get your 5, 10 minutes of forward pressure. If you kick 0.1, 0.2 and one on the full as an example and the other team go forward kick 3.0, 2.1 you don't want your next turn to be 1.1, 1.2 and they go 3.0, 2.1 again and you're playing catch-up all game.

U must convert when it's your time up forward.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
And Salem was BOG, that first quarter and a bit he was there best player by far, then Lever, Tomlinson, and I noticed Petracca after half time, not the whole game, but their defence, our poor forward conversion rate kept them within striking distance.

Early Inside 50's were like 10-1, 22-10 or something halfway through the second quarter, then it changed.

Me and my mates have been saying for 30 years you have to convert when you get your 5, 10 minutes of forward pressure. If you kick 0.1, 0.2 and one on the full as an example and the other team go forward kick 3.0, 2.1 you don't want your next turn to be 1.1, 1.2 and they go 3.0, 2.1 again and you're playing catch-up all game.

U must convert when it's your time up forward.
Salem BOG is equivalent to Dean Polo BOG in the Dreamtime game.
Never to be seen again.