Round 6 v Frankston | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 v Frankston

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It was probably hard to impress when you suffer a 74 point loss but did anyone from Frankston impress? They have a great record to having bloke drafted when they are a poor quality stand alone club: Nic Newman, Ben Cavarra, Sam Lloyd, Tory Dickson, Mark Baguley, Michael Hibberd currently.

Josh Newman, Cory Rich, Shem Tatupu or their ruckman Jimmy Miller?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
tigerman said:
Thanks for the report blx.

How did RCD and Miller go?

Miller looked ok, he's quick across the ground.
RCD, I was a bit surprised that he only got it 19 times, seemed to be the player we looked for at every stoppage. Keeps his arms high when getting tackled (sort of Cripps like) and can dish out the handball well even when being tackled. Kicking is probably his weakest part of his game from what I saw.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
tigertim said:
It was probably hard to impress when you suffer a 74 point loss but did anyone from Frankston impress? They have a great record to having bloke drafted when they are a poor quality stand alone club: Nic Newman, Ben Cavarra, Sam Lloyd, Tory Dickson, Mark Baguley, Michael Hibberd currently.

Josh Newman, Cory Rich, Shem Tatupu or their ruckman Jimmy Miller?

Tatapu is a man mountain. I think it might have been Miller, he just completely rag dolled him in the 4th quarter (missed the goal from pretty much dead in front about 30 out though). Reckon he's a VFL player though, probably just too big for AFL as a key forward.

Newman was ok but again a VFL player.

I liked their number 22 (Lok) and 8 (Ferreira). I didn't notice Fordham who I think has nominated for the mid season draft at all. I did look for Nathan Freeman but he didn't play in the end.

The problem Frankston has is money, they have some good players but not enough. They were good in both quarters 1 and 3, but they were blown away in 2 and 4. Not sure if that was fitness related. May have been.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
mrposhman said:
Tatapu is a man mountain. I think it might have been Miller, he just completely rag dolled him in the 4th quarter (missed the goal from pretty much dead in front about 30 out though). Reckon he's a VFL player though, probably just too big for AFL as a key forward.

Newman was ok but again a VFL player.

I liked their number 22 (Lok) and 8 (Ferreira). I didn't notice Fordham who I think has nominated for the mid season draft at all. I did look for Nathan Freeman but he didn't play in the end.

The problem Frankston has is money, they have some good players but not enough. They were good in both quarters 1 and 3, but they were blown away in 2 and 4. Not sure if that was fitness related. May have been.
Cheers mr p. Yeah, frankston are up against it being a stand alone club with bugger all money. I’m surprised though that more players looking at getting drafted don’t go play for a stand alone club.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
mrposhman said:
Miller looked ok, he's quick across the ground.
RCD, I was a bit surprised that he only got it 19 times, seemed to be the player we looked for at every stoppage. Keeps his arms high when getting tackled (sort of Cripps like) and can dish out the handball well even when being tackled. Kicking is probably his weakest part of his game from what I saw.

Thanks mrp.