Round 7 other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 7 other games

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
aFL didn't believe the um
He called touched.
Its fked how the umpires can't speak.
This debate could've been eneded 2 seconds after the siren went.
If the umpire told both captains it was touched.
Nicholls calls play on Touched.
Why didn't he ping Cameron for dropping the ball while been tackled??
aFl didn't believe the umpires ...not touched and was 15 m .... Hence the apology.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
That's harsh Craigo, Sarah Jones and Kath Loughnane at Fox are as good a media performers as any in the game.

I happen to be in a very loving relationship with Sarah, although it is a bit one sided.
Yes they are both high quality, er media performers I mean..............

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
aFL didn't believe the um

aFl didn't believe the umpires ...not touched and was 15 m .... Hence the apology.

But wasn’t there an obvious audible call from the umpire - even if there was doubt about the specific words?
And I’m sure it sounded like “touched”

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Port Adelaide will float back home next week and play another bottom 4 side.
While we continue on playing top 4 contenders every fken week.
Hinkley should get the ass if they don't finish top 4 with that bottom 6 draw they got.
We play the only 5 possible threat over 7 weeks from Port game to Bris game. Then it's cruise mode until return matches v lions in rounds 18 and 19

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
How the hell wasn’t that a free for a push in the back against May? Dogs defenders were doing it on Friday night. Got penalised once but appears defenders have some license to push forwards in the back at the moment.
Seeing it a lot bulldoze players into a pack or oncoming traffic. Part of the game?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
But wasn’t there an obvious audible call from the umpire - even if there was doubt about the specific words?
And I’m sure it sounded like “touched”
Might have been but DanR didn't ask the umpires or rview the tape or didn't believe the umps or his ears.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Seeing it a lot bulldoze players into a pack or oncoming traffic. Part of the game?
That's how Soldo popped a knee. Players get in the wrong spot behind n can't make the contest so they simply bulldoze into the back of players hoping to push the pack over.
Experts killed off the hands in the back rule n now it's ploughing time.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Naitanui “has been sensational” again. Even though he hasn’t take a single mark yet (again), his 6 kicks and 6 handballs have been awesome.

Even his 18 hit outs have been great - much better than Darcy’s equal 18 hit outs. Pressure acts up to a staggering 12%.

Looks like another AA year coming up for the Big Phoney.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
This Eagles result was the biggest moral of the round. But all it does is reinforce the fact that they are flat track bullies who are almost unbeatable at home but will always struggle to beat a half decent side away from the Perth security blanket. They’re quite pathetic really.

The result also reinforces the fact that Freo are still *smile*.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Frockers V St Kiddenme in Tassie. Overturned the result n changed the rules to suit. One other time previously was over a hundred years earlier.
Was that the one where the lights went out; a black-out somehow altered the scores or something? But one or two ... ever ... over how many games/years?

I think my point is safe.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Tokenism they don't have to be any good.

Daisy Pearce is the ONLY female commentator with a real idea about footy,and good at the role.

The rest are filler to placate the perenially outraged brigade.
It’s Daisy Pearce then too be brutally honest no one else.
Let’s not get started on Kelli Underwood.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was that the one where the lights went out; a black-out somehow altered the scores or something? But one or two ... ever ... over how many games/years?

I think my point is safe.
Lights out was Essendrugs, St Kiddenme night series at Waverly, they finished the game a couple of nights later.

Frockers, St Kiddenme in Tassie was when the Frockers held a one point lead n the maggots failed to hear the final siren until it had been blown several times n St Kiddenme managed to draw the score with a very very late point. AFL held a meeting mid week n over turned the result in the Frockers favour. Ruling was at the time and should always be that the game finishes when the maggot hears the siren and then signals game over. Not game over when the siren blows, that was always just to notify the maggot that time had elapsed and he should therefore signal game over.
Happened years earlier that #Lolnorf beat Colonwood in a night series game ( final I think it was ) with a goal also fairly late after the siren, umpire hadn't heard the siren or signaled game over so the score correctly stood. Despite a heap of whingeing n bleating.

All this fuss n official declarations of incorrect umpires call will do nothing but open a massive can of legal worms in the future. One day if there's a *smile* call right at the death of a Granny, with all the professionalism n money rolling through the comp. Someone will throw down a challenge n with precedents already set by the AFL overriding n changing the result after the fact things will get ugly.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Tokenism they don't have to be any good.

Daisy Pearce is the ONLY female commentator with a real idea about footy,and good at the role.

The rest are filler to placate the perenially outraged brigade.

Well that makes them better than the male commentators going on what everyone says on this forum.

DS

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
This Eagles result was the biggest moral of the round. But all it does is reinforce the fact that they are flat track bullies who are almost unbeatable at home but will always struggle to beat a half decent side away from the Perth security blanket. They’re quite pathetic really.

The result also reinforces the fact that Freo are still *smile*.
Can we also remove the word 'Eagles' and interchange with 'Port Adelaide' ?

It's hard to fathom how much better OR terrible some of these teams are away/home. Poort were insipid in Brisbane as were Weagles at Geelong etc. etc.

Our team might get beaten away - with the home side usually getting an equivalent of one extra, ordinary player but wearing green - but we almost always get a truly brave and honest performance.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
.how is it when i watch other games now they appear to be from a lesser league or another era?
.the pace & standard of the game seem like seniors footy highlights.
.no wonder the afl are trying to reign us in...we're making the product look bad.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Derby at Optus really a powderpuff. Worst in history. Mundy feel sorry for him. Wonder if the coach Justin Longmuir has it. Comes over as bit of a gently bentley type where Hagan is down in the trenches full on. Justin before taking over from Ross was under the wing of Bucks so do not think he learnt anything from Bucks.