Round 9 - the avocado games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 9 - the avocado games.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Two or three PREnders have been pushing back hard on the excuse narrative, josey.

It became clear three or five years ago. Individual GWS players lack football talent. All of them. 3yo+ narrative on PRE.

Pick a good one. (Not Preuss.)
I am a Callan Ward fan, Sam Taylor can play and Toby Greene is a gun.

Just a club with really poor footy ethics IMO. I do think if though if Hardwick was employed by them he would sack half the list.
They are high paid imposters that should have been better.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So Spargo tackles a West Coast player over the line, puts his arms out signalling that it should have been HTB (he was doing the HTB signal the umpire should have done). The umpire calls throw in. Yesterday that was paid as a 50 against Lynch.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Just a club with really poor footy ethics IMO. I do think if though if Hardwick was employed by them he would sack half the list.
They are high paid imposters that should have been better.

What they need are some selfless players. Guys that put the team first like McIntosh, Broad, Nankervis.

Too many indivisual "stars" not enough blue collar workers

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
That's exactly the way I see it, josey.

Callan is getting on. Greene is a flawed genius.

On Sam Taylor. Ok. Josh Gibcus in his first game destroyed a very fresh Charlie Curnow. A very mature Sam Taylor recorded massive defensive stats on Charlie for 90(?) minutes. Charlie then kicked two on him, to be fair, under massive I50 supply.

Sam is not physically strong. He can jump and he is terrific defending smalls at ground level. Smart. I'm a fan. But imo he is not near the two stars of GWS - Greene and (crippled) Ward.

It is fair to decry the standards of individual GWS players. But that's not key IMO. And not orthodox for the GWS Players are All *smile* school.

We're not pushing back on the GWS coaching or values. We're pushing back on Supercoach points. Ring a rosy football. And AFL advertorial.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Nah the only person you’re not behind is the Kiss of Death. And even then you’re only level with him.

Are you pointing the finger at Redford's Western disinformation campaign, Ridley? Not unreasonable.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
That's exactly the way I see it, josey.

Callan is getting on. Greene is a flawed genius.

On Sam Taylor. Ok. Josh Gibcus in his first game destroyed a very fresh Charlie Curnow. A very mature Sam Taylor recorded massive defensive stats on Charlie for 90(?) minutes. Charlie then kicked two on him, to be fair, under massive I50 supply.

Sam is not physically strong. He can jump and he is terrific defending smalls at ground level. Smart. I'm a fan. But imo he is not near the two stars of GWS - Greene and (crippled) Ward.

It is fair to decry the standards of individual GWS players. But that's not key IMO. And not orthodox for the GWS Players are All *smile* school.

We're not pushing back on the GWS coaching or values. We're pushing back on Supercoach points. Ring a rosy football. And AFL advertorial.

You wouldn't even feed half of those blokes at GWS Jack, couldn't even get up for the coaches last game.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He is the master of disinformation Jack. Pravda like. The Boris Komotsky of PRE.
I read exactly that on TikTok today, Riddles.

Murdoch press quiet on the whole deal. Is Peta Credlin in this "tipping competition"?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
You wouldn't even feed half of those blokes at GWS Jack, couldn't even get up for the coaches last game.

That's the thing, jake - they tried. They're just no good.

Well played by Josh W Kelly. Got massive super coach points and was destroyed. *smile*.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If Josh Kelly is your fourth best mid he win the Brownlow and the flag.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Robbo like a 16 year old
Trying to get Hird or Clarkson to Essendon.
Has he noticed the list is shhiiit??Screenshot_20220515-222001_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Who pays $1M for a fourth best mid, scoop?

And are AFL Product Ambassadors so brilliant that the give the Brownlow to a club's fourth best mid?

BTW JWK has battled #4 for GWS in his time.

*smile*.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t they already try Hird and it was a spectacular fail?
No! Robbo still sleeps with his Teddy called Hirdy.
I think if Hird ever got reappointed as a senior coach.
The AFL wouldve just signed its own death warrant.
The general public would be out raged.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Robbo like a 16 year old
Trying to get Hird or Clarkson to Essendon.
Has he noticed the list is shhiiit??View attachment 15395

Just asking, but, who gives a flying f*ck what Robbo likes and dislikes this week? He's a hack working for a down market tabloid which is busy trying to prove its relevance in an election where its chosen candidate is likely to lose.

Nothing to see here, literally nothing.

DS

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Just asking, but, who gives a flying f*ck what Robbo likes and dislikes this week? He's a hack working for a down market tabloid which is busy trying to prove its relevance in an election where its chosen candidate is likely to lose.

Nothing to see here, literally nothing.

DS
True
But I grew up respecting the news papers and the news.
But nowadays they beat to their own bias and restricted beat.
Example. Today. Hearld sun headline.
Richmond wait on incidents over the weekend, where it should've said Tigers too strong for young Hawks.
The Tv media Footy Show. Are they the real deal? 'can't tell, they have only beaten Collingwood WC and Hawthorn"
Who's Melb beaten Stkilda WC and Hawthorn but only 10pts.
Radio. They should make the 8, but they won't win it.
I guarantee if we get 1 or 2 kids to pop up like Bulter and Townsend in 17, not only are we a chance but we will be favourites.
Cumberland to replace Castagna
And Ralphsmith to replace Flappers.

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
True
But I grew up respecting the news papers and the news.
But nowadays they beat to their own bias and restricted beat.
Example. Today. Hearld sun headline.
Richmond wait on incidents over the weekend, where it should've said Tigers too strong for young Hawks.
The Tv media Footy Show. Are they the real deal? 'can't tell, they have only beaten Collingwood WC and Hawthorn"
Who's Melb beaten Stkilda WC and Hawthorn but only 10pts.
Radio. They should make the 8, but they won't win it.
I guarantee if we get 1 or 2 kids to pop up like Bulter and Townsend in 17, not only are we a chance but we will be favourites.
Cumberland to replace Castagna
And Ralphsmith to replace Flappers.
I understand, your off the George bus, but never show disrepect to flappers. (y)