Round 9 - Tigers v GWS at the dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 9 - Tigers v GWS at the dump

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Out Castagna in Caddy. We need to change it up in the forward line; it’s not working most games this year. Lynch and Riewoldt couldn’t get near it tonight and Castagna and Rioli were nowhere to be seen; again. One of the has to go and George’s form is the worse of the two which is really saying something. Yes we will lose some speed but George is not applying any pressure or doing anything so we don’t really lose anything. We need another marking target and Caddy is probably our best option. I wouldn’t mind seeing CCJ but Dimma doesn’t seem to be interested in him.

I’m very disappointed in Ross. Where is the player form his first few games in 2019? He is a shadow of that. He has been given opportunity and he is not taking it. RCD is not ready for senior football yet. He’s had a taste but was miles off the pace tonight. Both should probably be dropped but who replaces them? With all our injuries the cupboard is bare, other youngsters are not putting their hands up.

Grimes comes back in and I guess Mansell is the obvious out.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Who cares if GWS have no second ruck, surely if we do play 2 rucks that gives us the advantage.

End the CCJ farce.

Castagna out, contributing very little.

I would keep Rioli, he has done a couple of things lately which are an improvement but he needs to be forward more often and he needs to move the ball on quicker.

Ross and RCD I would persist with for a little while. We have injuries, they need the experience. I think Ross is running low on chances and needs to find his strengths in a hurry. RCD has to learn to adjust to AFL level and the different rules, he will only do this with experience and while a few are injured he can get the experience.

With CCJ in we can release Pickett to the wing where I reckon he is at his best.

DS

Reactions: 6 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Who cares if GWS have no second ruck, surely if we do play 2 rucks that gives us the advantage.

End the CCJ farce.

I would keep Rioli, he has done a couple of things lately which are an improvement but he needs to be forward more often and he needs to move the ball on quicker.

Ross and RCD I would persist with for a little while. We have injuries, they need the experience. I think Ross is running low on chances and needs to find his strengths in a hurry. RCD has to learn to adjust to AFL level and the different rules, he will only do this with experience and while a few are injured he can get the experience.

With CCJ in we can release Pickett to the wing where I reckon he is at his best.

DS

Agree with all this.

For RCD, his two AFL games have both been pretty fierce contests - he has done well against the top teams in pressure environments - don’t think you will get tougher games outside environments finals.
Same for Mansell and Ross, reckon they have both stood up.

I reckon it’s kebab time, bring in Stack and CCJ.

Edit

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Mansell will probably get the obligatory concussion out. He was hit pretty hard. It doesn’t matter if GWS don’t have 2 rucks. CCJ goes forward and stretches their defence, and he allows Nank to rest and we don’t use Pickett as second ruck. Marlion does pretty well at it, but it’s best used as an occasional shock tactic, not a regular thing. The injuries have caught up with us, and we don’t have the available replacements.

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
We had 10 players down tonight
Just blaming Castgna is ridiculous.
We need another Marking tall.
We basically have Nakas and Lynch as our only marking targets.
Im at stage where Chol needs to get picked.
Because you can't just expect mids to control the game.
Outs: Mansel for Grimes
Edwards for Chol
Yeah, looks like the cupboards are bare, and the dynasty is over. :help

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Seems after his less than impressive debut we've all forgotten about Martyn. I reckon we give him another crack as a running midfielder, we seem to be a bit too one paced in there. I'd also consider Ralph Smith as a proper winger if we want to play Marlion in the guts. If Mansells fit, I'd also love to see Baker in the midfield rotation more often.

Out Ross, Edwards, Castagna (recon he needs a recharge and resurgence in the 2's)
In Martyn, Grimes, Ralph-Smith

Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
Houli Balta Short
McIntosh RCD Ralph Smith
Baker Riewoldt Bolton
Aarts Lynch Rioli
Nankervis Martin Pickett
Mansell Broad Graham Martyn

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria

End the CCJ farce.

DS
Spot on. We need to make clearance a priority. Especially with 6 on 6.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Mumford v Nank = Advantage RFC
Mumford v Nank and Coleman-Jones = Massive Advantage RFC.
The 2nd option will be nearly impossible to achieve.
Especially when Coleman Jones will be running around against North Ballarat

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Easy to say the because GWS have only one ruck we don't need another one ourselves. We tend to forget that right now Jack and Tom could do with tall support as the mosquito fleet has been DDT'd. We shouldn't take GWS lightly just because of their ruck stocks as we thought we could walk over the Geelong Pensioners and that didn't work out too well