Round Whatever. The Other Games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round Whatever. The Other Games.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Really sus. Not even convinced it was a point.

[What's interesting to me, in how I view the AFL, is how they have jumped off the Bulldogs. After winning free-kick counts all year (and often prior years too), suddenly got hard done by this game. Probably decided they are little chance to actually win the flag this year. So discard! After ensuring their hopeful but battling members stay on board for '21 and, in hope, beyond?]

Guess Gil and the lads jumped back on board the Doggies train this week, must have changed their minds and decided Brisbane can't win the flag after all. They're a fickle lot there in AFL House. But the message to the umps this week was clearly GET BACK ON THE DOGS

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Guess Gil and the lads jumped back on board the Doggies train this week, must have changed their minds and decided Brisbane can't win the flag after all. They're a fickle lot there in AFL House. But the message to the umps this week was clearly GET BACK ON THE DOGS
After they ensured a Brisbane home final with 100% attendance so raised handy $$ for financially desperate AFL (statement of fact, not even criticism, but very clear motive). Whereas no finals in Melb and very limited numbers for Tassie so no or poor return. No atmosphere either - poor event.

FKD was significantly in favour of Dogs last night, back to their usual status. Odd how different it was in other games prior. I thought they certainly benefited but most frees were there. Umps were brave enough to make the calls because AFL got the finalists they wanted - all with a really positive narrative for AFL media and promotion - look at it. This final and the Swans V GWS finals most honestly umpired although Lions' supporters probably left quite upset by last night's large FKD - 19/28.

But have you looked at Geecheat's games and the umpiring therein though!? Still a huge push for their success. You need to look at what does NOT get paid against the Moggies.

Still gullible and naive. [Anyway, why are you bothering me with this lightweight crap if you think it so bizarre?]

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
After they ensured a Brisbane home final with 100% attendance so raised handy $$ for financially desperate AFL (statement of fact, not even criticism, but very clear motive). Whereas no finals in Melb and very limited numbers for Tassie so no or poor return. No atmosphere either - poor event.

FKD was significantly in favour of Dogs last night, back to their usual status. Odd how different it was in other games prior. I thought they certainly benefited but most frees were there. Umps were brave enough to make the calls because AFL got the finalists they wanted - all with a really positive narrative for AFL media and promotion - look at it. This final and the Swans V GWS finals most honestly umpired although Lions' supporters probably left quite upset by last night's large FKD - 19/28.

But have you looked at Geecheat's games and the umpiring therein though!? Still a huge push for their success. You need to look at what does NOT get paid against the Moggies.

Still gullible and naive. [Anyway, why are you bothering me with this lightweight crap if you think it so bizarre?]

One of us is gullible and naive - probably the one that thinks the AFL instructs the umpires on who they want to win the game based on whichever way the wind blows at the time.

Based on your theories then, show some balls and make some predictions about who they want in the Grand Final - this should determine how the free kicks pan out in the prelims next week right?

Super easy to ascribe motive after the event, do it beforehand since you aren't gullible and naive. Or are you too pigeon hearted to have a go?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
How many times did the Lions kick it out on the full in the last quarter, when they could have scored?

I must have missed the accusations they threw the game.
Did they have sufficient intent to score a behind though?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
That is the million dollar question.
They've evolved, TBR.

It was only two years ago that their forwards and mids couldn't hit the sides of a barn (from inside) and were regularly having more scoring shots that their opposition, but losing. Now they avoid that statistic by instead of kicking a behind they kick it OOTF. Fagan would be proud.

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
One of us is gullible and naive - probably the one that thinks the AFL instructs the umpires on who they want to win the game based on whichever way the wind blows at the time.

Based on your theories then, show some balls and make some predictions about who they want in the Grand Final - this should determine how the free kicks pan out in the prelims next week right?

Super easy to ascribe motive after the event, do it beforehand since you aren't gullible and naive. Or are you too pigeon hearted to have a go?

You've got three days for your umpiring predictions for the prelims @leon

Still thinking about it?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You've got three days for your umpiring predictions for the prelims @leon

Still thinking about it?
Why would I bother? You had your chance to post replies to two significant previous posts of mine but jibbed it. Just not up to it. Are you forgetting? Like I said then, you're clearly a lightweight pigeon and a waste of my time. I've better things to do and certainly won't be rising at your weaselly attempts to provoke a reaction.
The answer is already in my prior posts if you were discerning enough to comprehend anyway. The AFL got the finals contenders they wanted along with interstate PFs and a GF they will salvage some some desperately wanted cash from, and there's a good news narrative with any of the remaining teams winning the flag. I have never stated that I know what the full agenda of the AFL is; it's probably based on sophisticated financial and marketing objectives and probably is fluid and variable at different times. How could I know their full objectives? I'm just another long-term Tigers fan who can see the evidence of partiality clearly before my eyes like many others, and am not naive and gullible enough to think it's all totally capricious or incidental.
They especially succeeded in ensuring RFC did not get a chance at a threepeat. So how about you provide an in-depth explanation how this can happen:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08/31/the-full-2021-afl-free-kick-ladder/

Note: some key quotes for a lightweight disinclined to read or think much:

- The Dogs held a differential of +79, some 46 free kicks clear of second placed Geelong on +33. The Cats were the most significant movers in the final four weeks going from sixth to second.

-Down the bottom, it was Richmond who held up the rest for most of the season.

The Tigers had by far the worst differential at -86 after receiving the least frees for and giving away the equal second most.

It completed a fifth straight season in which the reigning premiers have finished a season with a differential of -30 or more.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Why would I bother? You had your chance to post replies to two significant previous posts of mine but jibbed it. Just not up to it. Are you forgetting? Like I said then, you're clearly a lightweight pigeon and a waste of my time. I've better things to do and certainly won't be rising at your weaselly attempts to provoke a reaction.
The answer is already in my prior posts if you were discerning enough to comprehend anyway. The AFL got the finals contenders they wanted along with interstate PFs and a GF they will salvage some some desperately wanted cash from, and there's a good news narrative with any of the remaining teams winning the flag. I have never stated that I know what the full agenda of the AFL is; it's probably based on sophisticated financial and marketing objectives and probably is fluid and variable at different times. How could I know their full objectives? I'm just another long-term Tigers fan who can see the evidence of partiality clearly before my eyes like many others, and am not naive and gullible enough to think it's all totally capricious or incidental.
They especially succeeded in ensuring RFC did not get a chance at a threepeat. So how about you provide an in-depth explanation how this can happen:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08/31/the-full-2021-afl-free-kick-ladder/

Note: some key quotes for a lightweight disinclined to read or think much:

- The Dogs held a differential of +79, some 46 free kicks clear of second placed Geelong on +33. The Cats were the most significant movers in the final four weeks going from sixth to second.

-Down the bottom, it was Richmond who held up the rest for most of the season.

The Tigers had by far the worst differential at -86 after receiving the least frees for and giving away the equal second most.

It completed a fifth straight season in which the reigning premiers have finished a season with a differential of -30 or more.
I'd hate to see your reply if you could be bothered ...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The best part is I write a one-liner and he writes a 500 word reply.
Pigeon-brains are barely capable of anything much beyond a one-liner. Thanks for proving once again, you're a lightweight AFL and umpires apologist who poses as a 'great rationalist' but when pressure comes on, heads for the pigeon loft. As I said, waste of my time ... again and again.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Q: How do u replace 10 old hacks with no 1st round draft picks?
A: You can’t

LOL - that joint is on the verge of imploding

Last edited: