Rugby Union | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rugby Union

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
Re: Super 12s

Reds 3-0 up on Blues at half time, with only 25% posession

Gonna be a tough 2nd half, hang in there fellas

Ho ho Carlos has left his kicking boot at home ;D

Even his understudy is missing em

0-10 Reds 10 mins in

20 mins to go Stiles in the bin 3-10

losing scrums against the feed, but hanging on

Bugger 2 quick tries to the Blues

Blues win 18-15 :'( :'(

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney

I was really disappointed the Reds didn't come away with that one, I have an intense dislike for Auckland (and Carlos Spencer) and would love to see them get beaten by any other team in the competition. The first half though was amazing, the Blues should have been up by at least 15 points. They dominated possession and territory and were still down at half time, its just a pity they went on to win  :mad: :'( !!! Having a one man advantage was probably useful.....

Fantastic win to the Brumbies though, 21 - 19 over the Bulls. It was a great match to watch with very little time to relax and plenty of tough forward work and running rugby. The second try by the Bulls was one of the best I have seen in a long time, and Clyde Rathbone was quite unbelievable. How he kept his feet in some of those tackles was nothing short of amazing  :clapping !!!

Both were close games, so bonus points were awarded, which both losing teams deserved completely, and I think the Reds are going to need every little bit they can get, because it could be a long hard season for them (tough draw too). The Bulls were impressive though so no team should take them lightly or they will get swamped.

Hopefully the 'Tahs will come good on Sunday morning and it will be another weekend of "two out of three ain't bad"  ;) ;D !!!

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Rathbone really stood out didn't he ! Was on the edge of my seat towards the end

Going to have a late one sunday morning queenie? Tsunami match before the Waratahs

And a host of Premier League soccer for half time

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney

Yep TC, North v South from Twickenham at 1.30am, followed by Waratahs v Sharks from Durban at 3.30am and if I am feeling particularly lively, Cats v Hurricanes from Pretoria (?) at 5.30am. This, of course is all following the two matches in the afternoon!!!

Thankfully there is a little time in the middle to go out for a few drinks and maybe a meal ;) ;D !!!

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney

Yeah 'Tahs  :clap :clap !!!

Big win in the republic, 36 - 13 over the Sharks, including a bonus point!!!

I am going to bed now, it has been a very long night  ;D !!!

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Great win by NSW, and also by Southern Hemisphere, I tried to stay up , really I did

I remember seeing 1.15 then zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Another close tough win for the Brumbies, are the other teams getting better, or are Brumbies coming back to the pack?

Good luck to The Tah's Vs The Cats

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney

Hi TC, tonight was a really scrappy win for the Brumbies, but a win is a win. I am just glad that they didn't get the bonus point, as it wouldn't have helped NSW  ;) ;D !!! And the umpiring was horrendous. The second try to the Stormers should never have been allowed (Paul grounded the ball first) and their open side flanker Schalk Burger was lucky to be still on the field with his number of infringements and a couple of head high shots. Very ordinary  :mad: !!!

As for coming back to the pack, the Brumbies have a very young and inexperienced back line because of a spate of early injuries to their Wallabies. The injury list includes Stirling Mortlock, Mark Gerrard, Matt Giteau and tonight Clyde Rathbone went off very early. George Gregan played in the charity match last week. Bill Young was their only injured forward but he was back tonight and having a solid pack is incredibly important for winning the ball at the break down, but after that the "baby Brumbies" have really stepped up with some big shoes to fill. Gene Fairbanks and Ben Batger (Eastwood boy, god bless him) have done particularly well.

The Brumbies and the Crusaders are still, for what it's worth, the two best teams in the competition. The Brumbies have a large number of Wallabies coming from both the forwards and backs while the Crusdaers seem to have an All Black (past or present) in just about every position on the field. It simply puts you ahead of the rest.
Just my opinion  ;D !!!

P.S. - Hopefully the 'Tahs will have a huge win against the Cats in Johannesburg tonight!!!

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney

Yeah 'Tahs  :clap :clap   !!!

Another big win in the republic, 40 - 19 over the Cats, including a bonus point, which means we stay on top of the ladder!!!

Very exciting indeed  ;D !!!

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

This is really setting the season up for them, bonus points especially handy, I'll try and catch a replay.

2 games at home now, time to take revenge for the "sheep rooters" comment, smack those Bulls

You are right about the Crusaders too unfortunately, poor old Reds, I'm off the bandwagon again :)

My youngest stayed with a maori family last night, a Blues supporter, cant wait until I pick her up this arvo.

Go Brumbies ! Go Tahs ;D

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney

The Reds are so far, having one of those seasons that will only be salvaged when (and if) they beat NSW, which has been their way for the past decade. But Saturday was just embarrassing, even for them. They got themselves trampled  :p !!!

I really don't hate any team in the Super 12, except for the Blues. I can't explain why, it is completely irrational, but there is something about them that just makes my skin crawl. I could attribute that to Carlos Spencer, who while (very) talented I find to be out and out irritating in just about everything he does. As I said, its completely irrational!!!

I am going out to see the Waratahs play on Saturday night at the SFS against the Stormers, and I am really looking forward to it.
The Stormers gave the Brumbies a real push on Friday in Canberra and we are the team coming in from South Africa, but a good win will be great to watch and I have absolute confidence in my 'Tahs.

I am just hopeing that this feeling lasts longer than it usually does  ::) !!!

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004

Have followed the Brumbies since I started watching Super 12. One commentator mentioned the ability that the Brumbies franchise has of winning consistently despite changes in coaches players and other club personnel. Maybe the Tiger Admin need to get themselves invite to the club to learn the key.

The Reds are a real disappointment again this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sailor go West next year.

My favourite Union player is Phil Waugh (who we call The Ferret) :clap. He is not the prettiest player but he has huge heart and courage and always gives 150%. Matt Rogers also oozes class and is next in line on the favourite list. (Anyone would think I followed the Waratahs) Go all the Aussie teams!

I played one year of Union at age 29 and absolutely loved it. My AFL marking and kicking skills really came in handy.

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney

Could not believe the horrible news that Steve Larkham has had to have an operation to remove a cancerous gowth (skin) on his leg.

As far as I know he has had surgery and hopefully he will be absolutely fine. In a press conference yesturday afternoon he said that he will only be out of the game for three weeks because of the surgery, which I guess can only be a good thing....

So with his health concerns added to the already fragile Brumbies backline issues, they could have a few problems over the next few weeks away from home, although Matt Giteau is a more than capable replacement.

But my thoughts and best wishes go out to Steve Larkham, for a speedy recovery and a return to full health ASAP  :-* ;D !!!

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004

QueenC said:
Could not believe the horrible news that Steve Larkham has had to have an operation to remove a cancerous gowth (skin) on his leg.
But my thoughts and best wishes go out to Steve Larkham, for a speedy recovery and a return to full health ASAP  :-* ;D !!!

Mine too. We need him up and firing especially at Bledisloe time.
I think Larkham is a fantastic player but at times he appears to be ball hungry. I've seen him numerous times hold the ball and take a tackle or try to bust through instead of passing off to supporting players in the clear on his outside. He does this both with the Brumbies and Wallabies. ::)

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Can you believe it? Write off The Reds one week then its a fantastic victory the next !!!!!

Got in from the Family day expecting a Reds loss, especially after The Chiefs win last week

but they has WON 20-6, sounds like a few youngsters put their hands up.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Lucky I'm not a betting man, wouldn't have thought the Hurricanes would lose at home 12-21

Now there is some breathing space DON'T drop the ball, Tah's and Brumbies

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney

Just got home from the Footy Staduim, having watched a great and tough win by the 'Tahs 25 - 10  :clap :clap :clap !!!

The rugby wasn't all that pretty but it was a hard fought victory, especially in the rucks and mauls. The Stormers have a huge forward pack. The Man of the Match was Phil Waugh and there is absolutely no dispute coming from anywhere.

Even without an bonus point the Warathahs will stay on top of the ladder no matter what, especially since the Hurricanes got beaten by the Bulls. That was a great result, as was Queensland winning last night. You wouldn't have picked it, honestly!!!

Hopefully the Brumbies will make it a clean sweep for the Australian teams this week and I think they will. The Cats are certainly not the strongest team going around. And I was also thrilled that the Blues got their butts kicked by the Crusaders.

So things are looking pretty good this weekend  ;D !!!

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Some of those South Africans are monsters aren't they?

Tah's won a lot of Stormers line out ball too, even without Harrison

Think Crusaders were 41-0 up at one stage