Rugby Union | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rugby Union

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
That Polota-Nau for the Waratahs is a big unit for a hooker, and the physical size of the Tahs was always going to mean the won the game, regardless of the dribble that came out of Alan Jones' mouth pregame.

Difficult to work out this result. NSW, stacked with Wallabies, did what they should have done.

But I thought the Rebels showed enough to suggest Macqueen has something to work with. Cipriani, the Englishman, was very good. Is he the one with the stunner of a girlfirend?

The Rebel who got sent off should be left in the stockade for a week. NSW killed an undermanned Rebels from that point on.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was there last night . Great atmosphere but disappointing result of course. I just wish that the refs would not take so much time setting and resetting the scrums , it slows the game down so much. You could tell from the start that as soon as the Waratahs could get some ball it was all over.

Lots of British, Kiwi and South African accents in the crowd last night . That's where the support is going to come from . There are a lot of people living in Melbourne from places with a rugby heritage. Had a British guy sitting next to me who explained every decision to his girlfriend which was really handy actually.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Whilst 43-0 is painful i didnt feel it was THAT bad. It was always gonna be tough but i felt our/the rebels biggest problem was not building pressure. After about the 20min mark every time we'd get the ball close to their 22 we'd make a basic error & hand it back.

Terrific crowd & really lifted when we challenged the line in the last 10mins, real shame they couldnt get over at least once. The tahs should be one of the contenders though so there will be easier games & we'll improve.

Keen as for the brumbies game on friday!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yep, great result. Now I just need to find a copy of the match to watch.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Off to see ENG v FRA at Twickenham for the 6 nations tomorrow. Should be interesting.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Elmer said:
Off to see ENG v FRA at Twickenham for the 6 nations tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Not the best game from what i saw but a contect between those 2 should always be good to watch.

Really keen to see how the rebels travel this week. The crowd support is terrific at home. Had a chat to a few players & gordon bray at the after match function. Have to say the rebels admin is doing a good job.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
A bit disappointing from the rebels in the last 2 months. Hoping to finish off well against the force friday night. Anyone going along? Looking forward to seeing Beale in the line up in 2012!

ON the wallabies front, doesnt look good for Palu & particularly Barnes after his ongoing head/concussion issues. Really cant wait for the tests & then world cup to start!

Josh Beckett

Tiger Cub
Oct 25, 2012
Obviously not a huge Wallaby fan base out there but a very disappointing performance against France this morning (local time). Ordinary performance from the scrum pack & the backs. We are a long way off the best sides with not a lot of promise coming through. A strong Wallaby side was almost a given once upon a time.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There's a reason union is the in-bred 4th cousin of the Australian football family. Only played/watched by you-marry-my-sister-I'll-marry-yours old school ties. Kick it out on the full. Stacks on the mill. Kick it out on the full. Stacks on. Kick it out on the full. Kick it out on the full. League a much better game played by better footballers.

The Wallabies are weak because most people are awake to the above and prefer to watch/play something watchable/playable.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
spook said:
There's a reason union is the in-bred 4th cousin of the Australian football family. Only played/watched by you-marry-my-sister-I'll-marry-yours old school ties. Kick it out on the full. Stacks on the mill. Kick it out on the full. Stacks on. Kick it out on the full. Kick it out on the full. League a much better game played by better footballers.

The Wallabies are weak because most people are awake to the above and prefer to watch/play something watchable/playable.

Union *smile* all over the 5 cuddles and a kick form of the game.

We're crap because Robbie Deans has overstayed his welcome. Time to give the top job to McKenzie

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Wallabies have restored a bit of national pride with a good win against the All Blacks.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep 21- 17

Bout time, they are gonna be cut up this week over the ditch.

Be a big assignment over there for the return game.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thats it what the hell did i say :p :p :p

Ahhh who cares Wallabies won thats the main thing.

Good work Tigerman