• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

Rules for posting on the Journos board.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
We once again have official permission from the RFC to post the content from their website onto PRE. As with all articles the source must be mentioned and a link to the article provided. Please also refrain from posting links to the official AFL site.

We aren't permitted to post any articles from the other official AFL websites and cooperation in that regard would be gratefully appreciated.

1-When posting an article please include the title of it in the thread heading and also where it's from.

Example... Run home a boost for Tigers (rfc site)

2-A link should always be included

Either http://www.richmondfc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=69215 or Link or Read here etc

3-Please post game reviews, previews, articles on this Journos board and not on DyerTribe.

4-Articles about Coburg should be posted on the Coburg board.

5- Off-field related articles can be posted on the Off-field board.

6-Rather than start a new thread for every article please try to find similar threads first. For example it's better to have 1 thread for all of the articles about Sheeds return than have several threads , and similar resulting discussion, on the same topic.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
A few articles from afl.com.au are being posted again recently. Just a reminder that the AFL gave me a fairly stern warning about posting them. It's not allowed. It breaches their copyright and it puts myself and PRE at risk of legal action. It would be appreciated if people honour their request and not post their articles.

Sportal have changed staff since they threatened us about posting their articles and we now have permission to post them.

We also have permission to post articles from the RFC site.

All articles should include a link.

Reactions: 1 user

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
rosy23 said:
A few articles from afl.com.au are being posted again recently. Just a reminder that the AFL gave me a fairly stern warning about posting them. It's not allowed. It breaches their copyright and it puts myself and PRE at risk of legal action. It would be appreciated if people honour their request and not post their articles.

Sportal have changed staff since they threatened us about posting their articles and we now have permission to post them.

:-[

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
rosy23 said:

bump

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
What's the stance on posting articles from printed publications such as Inside Football? There's a decent piece on McGuane and Thursfield in this week's edition, but I can't provide an online link to it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
rosy23 said:
1-When posting an article please include the title of it in the thread heading and also where it's from.

Example... Run home a boost for Tigers (rfc site)

2-A link should always be included

Either http://www.richmondfc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=69215 or Link or Read here
A reminder about posting articles. These rules are for legal purposes but they're being ignored by many. Over half of the articles on the first page don't indicate the source or have the correct title and I regularly contact people with requests to edit their post and include a link.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
rosy23 said:
A reminder about posting articles. These rules are for legal purposes but they're being ignored by many. Over half of the articles on the first page don't indicate the source or have the correct title and I regularly contact people with requests to edit their post and include a link.
No way. Less robots, more players being blunt and inappropriate, thanks.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
rosy23 said:
.. Please also refrain from posting links to the official AFL site.

We aren't permitted to post any articles from the other official AFL websites and cooperation in that regard would be gratefully appreciated.
Just a reminder. We can't post content from afl.com.au website or the other AFL clubs' official websites. we do have permission to post articles from richmondfc.com.au but that is the only exception.

clown

Time for an upgrade
Mar 16, 2004
The Bombers fans can watch the movie the Replacements for inspiration coz thats what will be happening with their players after most if the list is banned from playing for this season. Lol

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is on board.
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
What is the deal with "paywalls" now? Many articles are only visible behind paywalls. Can articles that are now paid content be linked to?

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
KnightersRevenge said:
What is the deal with "paywalls" now? Many articles are only visible behind paywalls. Can articles that are now paid content be linked to?
Journalists frequently provide direct links to their articles on twitter and facebook that bypasses paywalls but those links can't be accessed via google.

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
What are the Journo board rules? For example on a Herald Sun article once I mention the headline and then the link can I then copy and paste the content of the article as well??

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
caesar said:
What are the Journo board rules? For example on a Herald Sun article once I mention the headline and then the link can I then copy and paste the content of the article as well??
yep, that's how it works except for content on AFL.com.au, that's not allowed due to the AFL's heavy handed approach to people republishing it's content without approval/fee. At least thats what I think the guidelines are.

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Baloo said:
yep, that's how it works except for content on AFL.com.au, that's not allowed due to the AFL's heavy handed approach to people republishing it's content without approval/fee. At least thats what I think the guidelines are.
Thanks Baloo, trying to keep myself out of trouble.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Baloo said:
I'd love an update from Rosy on how BF get away with it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
TigerForce said:
They probably pay for the rights to do it. Last I heard BF was owned by a US Company that has a large stable of sorts related forum sites.

Other options is that AFL allows BF to host news as long as there is enough clickthrough back to the AFL website

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerForce said:
I know nothing about BF and what is posted there. All I know is the AFL got quite heavy with me and threatened to close PRE down. It's safer to not have their content on here.