Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The mods can't be on here all the time and don't always get to read all of the threads. If people have concerns about any rumours posted, rather than voice them on the forum, thus increasing traffic on the thread and keeping it at the top of the page, it would be better to use the report to moderator function to bring them to our attention. :)

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
rosy23 said:
The mods can't be on here all the time and don't always get to read all of the threads. If people have concerns about any rumours posted, rather than voice them on the forum, thus increasing traffic on the thread and keeping it at the top of the page, it would be better to use the report to moderator function to bring them to our attention. :)
ok
Apologies.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
We don't have many mods for such a busy site. The Report to Moderator function is a massive help to us when people use it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Another rumour thread had to be removed this morning. If any of these rumours prove to be substantiated, or are discussed in mainstream media, they will be reinstated but until then the allegations can't be discussed on here.

We need to be very careful or we face a serious risk of legal action. We've certainly had legal contact before ordering removal of content because it's considered defamatory or false.

I was contacted recently for help in regard to something posted on another forum. A search engine revealed an article an ex-AFL player considered defamatory. He hadn't had a response to requests to move it and was ready to take legal action if it wasn't taken down immediately.

This is a very serious matter so we'd appreciate people not posting possibly false, and/or unsubstantiated rumours especially if they involve illegal activity. It's unfair to the accused and the repercussions of false claims could impact severely on myself/PRE.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I don't get that ToO. Why would you change the names of those involved? Wouldn't that still be implicating someone whether an original name or a changed name? If it's alleged illegal activity and it's not discussed in mainstream media it's safer to keep it off here.

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
rosy23 said:
I don't get that ToO. Why would you change the names of those involved? Wouldn't that still be implicating someone whether an original name or a changed name? If it's alleged illegal activity and it's not discussed in mainstream media it's safer to keep it off here.

Fair enough. Just looking for some clarification on that.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
For those who aren't aware one of the removed posts claimed a certain individual, who they named, was guilty of injecting players with illegal substances. They also named a football club involved.

If the claims are untrue the legal implications against me, as administrator of this website, could be massive. It is a very serious accusation. Simply changing the name as ToO questioned wouldn't make it acceptable. If it was a fabricated name there's no point and if it was changed to a different name, but still a real person, it would still be risky.

Even if no legal action is taken against us if the information is untrue it's still an unacceptable slur on someone's name. None of us deserve that.

As I said if the rumour proves to be true the thread will be reinstated.

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
rosy23 said:
For those who aren't aware one of the removed posts claimed a certain individual, who they named, was guilty of injecting players with illegal substances. They also named a football club involved.

If the claims are untrue the legal implications against me, as administrator of this website, could be massive. It is a very serious accusation. Simply changing the name as ToO questioned wouldn't make it acceptable. If it was a fabricated name there's no point and if it was changed to a different name, but still a real person, it would still be risky.

Even if no legal action is taken against us if the information is untrue it's still an unacceptable slur on someone's name. None of us deserve that.

True. I apologise I didn't use the "report to mod" function a bit earlier.
It's a fair point to say it's incumbent on all us posters to help in this regard. It shouldn't be left up to the "mods" to "police" this, but it's up to all of us posters who enjoy PRE to assist. I'd hate to see a situation that has legal implications for anyone because of "careless" posting.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
On the flip side, it is a great album. It is arguably the best album of the 70s. There is no doubt in my mind that it is the best Fleetwood Mac album ever.

doherz

Tiger Superstar
Apr 24, 2004
Tigerland
www.informtech.com.au
rosy23 said:

Just remove the rumour board and replace it with trade gossip board with strict posting guidelines.

Tango

Tiger Champion
Oct 6, 2004
Macau
Well the fact that you just named a player and a club and connected them to illegal drug use is also liable?
Or is it all in the wording and how it is written?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I did wonder if I'd be moderated but I think context here is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.