Russia Invades Ukraine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Russia Invades Ukraine

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There's a war raging in Europe with one side having access to nukes, the side that is being embarrassed.

Yet there hasn't been a post in this thread for a month.

So, reports that the Ruskies have started training to operate under radioactive conditions. Now this could be propaganda, but it's a scary thought.

I imagine by now there is no one left that thinks Putin was forced to invade and his sole intent was to protect Russian sovereignty. The guys is a nutter who severely overestimated his military and now is the laughing stock of the world

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
There's a war raging in Europe with one side having access to nukes, the side that is being embarrassed.

So, reports that the Ruskies have started training to operate under radioactive conditions. Now this could be propaganda, but it's a scary thought.

I imagine by now there is no one left that thinks Putin was forced to invade and his sole intent was to protect Russian sovereignty. The guys is a nutter who severely overestimated his military and now is the laughing stock of the world
Ukrainian kids also taught at school on how to act in radioactivity.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine

We've had a charmed run for the last 77 years in regard to atomic/nuclear weapons. Quite amazing really. But it was always going to end. I think that there is a reasonable chance that Putin will use some kind of nuclear weapon. Even if you only credit it as a minor possibility, it's still a frightening prospect.

For the record I think something is going to happen in the near future. The ground work is being done with the misinformation campaign about the Ukranian's plan to use a dirty bomb and the subsequent preparation by the Russians to continue fighting in radioactive conditions.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We've had a charmed run for the last 77 years in regard to atomic/nuclear weapons. Quite amazing really. But it was always going to end. I think that there is a reasonable chance that Putin will use some kind of nuclear weapon. Even if you only credit it as a minor possibility, it's still a frightening prospect.

For the record I think something is going to happen in the near future. The ground work is being done with the misinformation campaign about the Ukranian's plan to use a dirty bomb and the subsequent preparation by the Russians to continue fighting in radioactive conditions.

Yeah I agree unfortunately.

Their spread of information around a dirty bomb suggests to me that they might use one but blame it on the Ukrainians. Kherson is very important to the Russians to protect Crimea, so I'm wondering if thats where they are planning on using a dirty bomb.

Reactions: 1 user

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Yeah I agree unfortunately.

Their spread of information around a dirty bomb suggests to me that they might use one but blame it on the Ukrainians. Kherson is very important to the Russians to protect Crimea, so I'm wondering if thats where they are planning on using a dirty bomb.
I reckon it will be Kyiv. If you are crazy enough to do yhat then you may as well go all out with the target too. And it's a fair distance from the Russian border.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
If Putin does head down the nuclear path which, has been pointed out, is looking more likely, it will be the final straw for many, many countries who have been fence-sitting.

I reckon that if he does drop any form on nuke, Russia, and Russians, will be hit by every possible 'non-military' means open to the rest of the world.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
If Putin does head down the nuclear path which, has been pointed out, is looking more likely, it will be the final straw for many, many countries who have been fence-sitting.

I reckon that if he does drop any form on nuke, Russia, and Russians, will be hit by every possible 'non-military' means open to the rest of the world.
If he drops the bomb, he will become the most wanted war criminal since Hitler.

US, France & Britain would enter the war expel Russian forces from Ukraine and hunt Putin down until he is hanging from the town centre. Very likely that the Russians will hand him over themselves.

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

They will be massively isolated. I think they expected more support from China, but whilst China are happy to economically target other countries, they refrain from too much military intervention. They've even inferred that they want Russia to come in with a diplomatic solution. I think its why Russia has been pushed towards getting weaponry from those pariah states like Iran and North Korea,

Those 2 will also turn their backs on them IMO if there is any type of nuclear strike

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
This war still at an interesting crux.
Ukraine have a long winter ahead without power or water.
But Russia looking weaker and more isolated.
When will the oligarchs will hand over Putin?

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So the Russians* lobbed a couple of missiles into Poland, killing someone. It will be interesting to see how NATO responds to this.

*Russians according to the pro-Ukraine media. Ukraine false-flag missile attack according to the pro-Russian media.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
So the Russians* lobbed a couple of missiles into Poland, killing someone. It will be interesting to see how NATO responds to this.

*Russians according to the pro-Ukraine media. Ukraine false-flag missile attack according to the pro-Russian media.
What does "PRE - The Last Bastion of Truth" say?

• Love

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I can't see NATO reacting too much to this, potentially send a few more troops to Poland but the missiles fell on farmland so they have enough there for a get out clause, that it was accidental. If it had destroyed train lines, then that would be a different story as thats a direct attack on Ukraines supply chain from the west and would be treated more aggressively IMO.

NATO won't get involved unless they are forced through Russia directly and meaningfully attacking NATO states.

adamski

Tiger Cub
Jan 30, 2023
I can't see NATO reacting too much to this, potentially send a few more troops to Poland but the missiles fell on farmland so they have enough there for a get out clause, that it was accidental. If it had destroyed train lines, then that would be a different story as thats a direct attack on Ukraines supply chain from the west and would be treated more aggressively IMO.

NATO won't get involved unless they are forced through Russia directly and meaningfully attacking NATO states.
how do you feel now that you know that it was ukraine that killed these polish farmers and they lied to blame Russia so the NATO would directly respond?

adamski

Tiger Cub
Jan 30, 2023

is that comment still applicable? A retraction considering the condition of ukraine at the moment and the economic ruin of UK and europe?