Russia Invades Ukraine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Russia Invades Ukraine

adamski

Tiger Cub
Jan 30, 2023
Fair enough that Ukraine got that call wrong, but It's not fair to suggest Ukraine were responsible for those deaths. They were air defence missiles and the only reason they were being fired is because Russia was bombing them.
if the Ukrainian air force was attempting to intercept Russian missiles, flying from the east, why were its missiles aimed to the west, at Poland? And why were they able to precisely target an inhabited building in a sparsely populated rural area? Why did Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba and an unnamed “senior U.S. intelligence official” falsely blame Russia for the attack before Polish authorities had even publicly confirmed details about the strike?

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
if the Ukrainian air force was attempting to intercept Russian missiles, flying from the east, why were its missiles aimed to the west, at Poland? And why were they able to precisely target an inhabited building in a sparsely populated rural area? Why did Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba and an unnamed “senior U.S. intelligence official” falsely blame Russia for the attack before Polish authorities had even publicly confirmed details about the strike?

Is any of that verifiable?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
is that comment still applicable? A retraction considering the condition of ukraine at the moment and the economic ruin of UK and europe?
I think you'll find Putin is still the laughing stock of Europe and still a nutter. This expected 2 weeks incursion to take control of the Ukraine has been going on a year. Though the russian soldiers seem to have mastered the art of back peddling. That's something I guess.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Given adamski joined us last night at 9:49pm and hasn't posted one thing about the Tigers, thinks sport is about mind control of the population, and otherwise posted about capitalism and the Russia Ukraine war you can draw your own conclusions as to their purpose here.

Reactions: 1 users

adamski

Tiger Cub
Jan 30, 2023
Given adamski joined us last night at 9:49pm and hasn't posted one thing about the Tigers, thinks sport is about mind control of the population, and otherwise posted about capitalism and the Russia Ukraine war you can draw your own conclusions as to their purpose here.
thats just a comment in jest without thought or acknowledgement on what is and has actually occurred and occurring in Ukraine and Western Europe

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Unless you have connections to that part of the world it is very difficult to unwrap the war and the lead up to it from the reports we get in the general media

I cant recall how I stumbled across this , I think the date of the talk is Sept 2013 , I was listening to it Feb/March 2022 and found it a WOW moment and a reminder there are often many sides to a story , its well over and hour long but feel its well worth a watch for those want to immerse themselves a bit more

I have watched a couple of his youtube talks posted since the invasion and very much dont agree with his comments on how things should have been handled post Russia invading in Feb last year , so I'm not pushing his point of view ad nauseum , just I liked a lot of his points from that talk and found it spooky how relevant it seemed to be 8 years later

Reactions: 1 user

adamski

Tiger Cub
Jan 30, 2023
Unless you have connections to that part of the world it is very difficult to unwrap the war and the lead up to it from the reports we get in the general media

I cant recall how I stumbled across this , I think the date of the talk is Sept 2013 , I was listening to it Feb/March 2022 and found it a WOW moment and a reminder there are often many sides to a story , its well over and hour long but feel its well worth a watch for those want to immerse themselves a bit more

I have watched a couple of his youtube talks posted since the invasion and very much dont agree with his comments on how things should have been handled post Russia invading in Feb last year , so I'm not pushing his point of view ad nauseum , just I liked a lot of his points from that talk and found it spooky how relevant it seemed to be 8 years later

think you'll find Putin is still the laughing stock of Europe and still a nutter. This expected 2 weeks incursion to take control of the Ukraine has been going on a year. Though the russian soldiers seem to have mastered the art of back peddling. That's something I guess.
how should they have been handled? How is the war going now?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
thats just a comment in jest without thought or acknowledgement on what is and has actually occurred and occurring in Ukraine and Western Europe
I don't know enough to comment so I won't. Your prerogative to stir up debate. My only opinion is that war is just horrible for everyone involved.

adamski

Tiger Cub
Jan 30, 2023
I don't know enough to comment so I won't. Your prerogative to stir up debate. My only opinion is that war is just horrible for everyone involved.
so in that case all efforts should be towards ending the war with peace talks and a truce and not escalation by providing more weapons .

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
so in that case all efforts should be towards ending the war with peace talks and a truce and not escalation by providing more weapons .

With Russia retaining parts of Ukraine? Why would Ukraine do that? It was an unjustified invasion, Putin has declared he won't pull back, what's there to discuss? The more Russia shows the world how inept their military machine is, the more China smiles.

adamski

Tiger Cub
Jan 30, 2023
With Russia retaining parts of Ukraine? Why would Ukraine do that? It was an unjustified invasion, Putin has declared he won't pull back, what's there to discuss? The more Russia shows the world how inept their military machine is, the more China smiles.
so you want war and not a negotiated truce?

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
firing westward towards Poland
View attachment 17874

So in other words you don't have any proof to back up your conspiracy that Ukraine deliberately targeted polish territory to garner favour with NATO.

Suggesting that a SAM could only be fired Eastbound from Ukraine is wrong considering that enemy planes/missiles could be flying from any direction. Secondly we don't know what the missile was targeting, perhaps it was intended to intercept a Russian launched missile, which subsequently hit the ground leading the interceptor missile to go off track. Whilst war technology is pretty darn accurate it's not perfect and mistakes are made all the time.

adamski

Tiger Cub
Jan 30, 2023
So in other words you don't have any proof to back up your conspiracy that Ukraine deliberately targeted polish territory to garner favour with NATO.

Suggesting that a SAM could only be fired Eastbound from Ukraine is wrong considering that enemy planes/missiles could be flying from any direction. Secondly we don't know what the missile was targeting, perhaps it was intended to intercept a Russian launched missile, which subsequently hit the ground leading the interceptor missile to go off track. Whilst war technology is pretty darn accurate it's not perfect and mistakes are made all the time.
when ukraine does this its a mistake and if was russia then its an act of aggression and war. I get it. ukraine is desperate to drag NATO more and more into this as it needs all the help it can get and by trying to trigger article 5 of the NATO treaty they crazily see that as in their favour

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
i am asking about his position on ending this. What is there to debate?

My position is quite basic. Putin the Nutter invaded Ukraine for no valid reason. He needs to withdraw totally, say sorry and step down from the leadership. It's what any decent human would do.

Reactions: 1 users

adamski

Tiger Cub
Jan 30, 2023
My position is quite basic. Putin the Nutter invaded Ukraine for no valid reason. He needs to withdraw totally, say sorry and step down from the leadership. It's what any decent human would do.
there will be no withdrawal as they have the upperhand. What to do now?