Salary Cap | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Salary Cap

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What's going on?
Collingwood are allowed to clear the decks to get under the cap.
Then today i read Stkilda and WC are asking their players to take pay cuts. WTF.
If Stkilda are over the cap, they shouldn't be given an out.
What is Gilligan running?
I Thought Demitriupoo was shocking this bloke is worse.
Who does Stkilda thing they're? The new Carlton

Reactions: 1 user

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
What's going on?
Collingwood are allowed to clear the decks to get under the cap.
Then today i read Stkilda and WC are asking their players to take pay cuts. WTF.
If Stkilda are over the cap, they shouldn't be given an out.
What is Gilligan running?
I Thought Demitriupoo was shocking this bloke is worse.
Who does Stkilda thing they're? The new Carlton
Maybe he's just auditioning for the Crown Board.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Dry We keep things like this very low key out of the media these days. I would be surprised if we haven’t already addressed this with the players. We are best placed than any other club to deal with this. You just hand over the three premiership cups to our big name premiership players and allow them to do several sportsman nights meeting fans, photo ops and signing stuff.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Dry We keep things like this very low key out of the media these days. I would be surprised if we haven’t already addressed this with the players. We are best placed than any other club to deal with this. You just hand over the three premiership cups to our big name premiership players and allow them to do several sportsman nights meeting fans, photo ops and signing stuff.
Big contracts coming up for Balta Bolton and Castagna.
Cotchin and Riewodlt most likely will make way.
Our kids are supreme.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
If St Kilda have a tight cap they are in all sorts. WCE having a tight cap isn't a surprise given they have an ageing list & sold the farm to get Kelly in.

I thought you could go over 1 yr (a set % limit) providing you go under by the same amount the yr after, i could be wrong on that tho.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
If St Kilda have a tight cap they are in all sorts. WCE having a tight cap isn't a surprise given they have an ageing list & sold the farm to get Kelly in.

I thought you could go over 1 yr (a set % limit) providing you go under by the same amount the yr after, i could be wrong on that tho.
The saints might have to let go a player or two. Maybe we can swoop on a couple of kids with potential..Butler and Higgins look promising

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Unfortunately it's not that easy. Anything facilitated by the club is either counted in the TPP or the marketing allowance so 'extra' income has to be via third party deals signed off on by the AFL.
The players and Hardwick have had numerous functions organised by third parties with opportunities to meet the players and see the club. They haven’t been organised by the club. The club just allows them to use the cups. Our premiership players in particular have more opportunities to earn extra than players who are from less successful and smaller clubs. You see all the events on Facebook Richmond supporter group pages.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Big contracts coming up for Balta Bolton and Castagna.
Cotchin and Riewodlt most likely will make way.
Our kids are supreme.

I don't think Balta will get a massive contract next time around. He's already had 1 extension so salary isn't a 1st year player any longer.

Bolton is the big one, will easily be offered $600-650k IMO by Freo to head back west. Might be able to keep him for a bit less, but I assume that will be a sizeable increase from his current contract. The last 2 years he has gone to another level and I expect him to do the same in 2021 again.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wrong way round.
First you have to pay less than the full cap allowance, which you can then bank and utilize to top up in the following year.
Still have to pay the minimum cap 95% so it only allows for a modest top up which allows you to go to 105% the next year.

If the maximum cap is at $ 13mill, you could pay about $ 12.3 mill in 2020 n then bump it to about $ 13 .7 mill in 2021 which would allow you flexibility to cover for contract adjustment as your list structure changes.

Wet Coke n St. Kiddenme must have seen difficulties coming up to make some fair sized adjustments.
Poor Colonwood musta been trying to surf a tsunami with the way they went about it :eek: :)) n then the *smile* really hit the fan :rotfl1:rotfl1.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Wrong way round.
First you have to pay less than the full cap allowance, which you can then bank and utilize to top up in the following year.
Still have to pay the minimum cap 95% so it only allows for a modest top up which allows you to go to 105% the next year.

If the maximum cap is at $ 13mill, you could pay about $ 12.3 mill in 2020 n then bump it to about $ 13 .7 mill in 2021 which would allow you flexibility to cover for contract adjustment as your list structure changes.

Wet Coke n St. Kiddenme must have seen difficulties coming up to make some fair sized adjustments.
Poor Colonwood musta been trying to surf a tsunami with the way they went about it :eek: :)) n then the *smile* really hit the fan :rotfl1:rotfl1.
Cheers for the correction, given out OOC list we are in a great spot, along with our draft haul to restructure our TPP for the future.