Sam Lloyd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sam Lloyd

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009
Re: Welcome Sam Lloyd

Definitely filling a need - after Nahas fell away we were clearly lacking a decent small forward.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Like his deliberate set shot. Doesn't look overly pacey. Solid build.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

He kicked 7 goals against the Coburg Tigers this year. No wonder we picked him...lol

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon

Welcome Sam. Interesting pick. At pick 66...well...may not make the grade..............& may end up being quite a steal with Clubs asking how he lasted so long before being picked up. Has natural goal sense - but is prepared to give it off. Looks to be an upgrade on Robbie Nahas (who I wish all the best for the future). Can use his left side & dishes off as well. Not easy for a natural forward to do.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006

Who the ^*smile* is Sam Lloyd? Matthew's illigitimate son from the wrong side of the tracks I hope.

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington

Boy from Mt Eliza same as Nathan Jones Zak Jones Tommy Curren getting a few drafted from the Redlegs. Played at the Dolphins in the VFL.

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009

Actually, originally from Deniliquin, NSW. Speaking to Simon Goosey on SEN about him. Said he worked really hard to get some weight off and played some good footy - Goosey said he's a similar type to an Eddie Betts. Said us fans should like him as he's a type that can take Mark of the week and kick goal of the week. They just compared him to the Birdman as well :eek:

This Is Anfield

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2013
Melbourne

puregreen said:
Actually, originally from Deniliquin, NSW. Speaking to Simon Goosey on SEN about him. Said he worked really hard to get some weight off and played some good footy - Goosey said he's a similar type to an Eddie Betts. Said us fans should like him as he's a type that can take Mark of the week and kick goal of the week. They just compared him to the Birdman as well :eek:

Which Birdman ours or the Crows?

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Simon Goosey Frankston coach on SEN just now likened him to a smaller Peter Bosustow and thought he'd make a great team with JR!

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD

ToraToraTora said:
Simon Goosey Frankston coach on SEN just now likened him to a smaller Peter Bosustow and thought he'd make a great team with JR!

Brett Birdman Evans.