SBS axes Marngrook footy show after 12 seasons

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Damn. The only footy show I watched.

what are they going to replace it with?

Farmer want Australia's biggest psycho mother-In-law's advice on menu planning for a pre-wedding garden renovation gala using only ingredients earnt by a challenge on an island where you have to fish the G-bikinis from the recesses of former Netball stars?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Damn. The only footy show I watched.

what are they going to replace it with?

Farmer want Australia's biggest psycho mother-In-law's advice on menu planning for a pre-wedding garden renovation gala using only ingredients earnt by a challenge on an island where you have to fish the G-bikinis from the recesses of former Netball stars?
Oooooooh, what channel are the G-bikinis on?
Multi cultural channel dumping an indigenous culture footy program, sounds like the way to go. It's only funded by tax payer money so obviously not enough greenie activist social anarchy content shown at the moment. Probably gunna put up a weekly street march n protest rally program so all the pea brained hypocrites can have an extra focal rallying point.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Must of become too mainstream for SBS so it got the chop.
Disappointing

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Bad day today Marngrook axed...and Macquarie Sports axed just after It had come to my salvation.

• Sad

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Odd call but it smacks of a Sydney decision. You'd think it would have to fit the NITV charter perfectly.

Reactions: 3 users

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
It’s clear just too many people were watching it. It’s SBS policy to have obscure programs that no one watches so it just doesn’t fit in anymore.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I hope Fox swoops on it. Head and shoulders about any of the crap footy shows I actually pay for (but don’t watch).

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Monumentally stupid decision, wonder what's really behind this.

The ABC took on the Movie Show, time to take this one on and keep it going.

DS

larabee

#12!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
they'd **** it up for certain.

didn't it used to be NITV?

surely the logical host.
NITV is an SBS channel. Seems to be decision by NITV-SBS to axe it.
The only reason I can see from the reports is cost savings, but why cut your highest rating program? doesn't make sense

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Multi cultural channel dumping an indigenous culture footy program, sounds like the way to go. It's only funded by tax payer money so obviously not enough greenie activist social anarchy content shown at the moment. Probably gunna put up a weekly street march n protest rally program so all the pea brained hypocrites can have an extra focal rallying point.
let me re-phrase this. it is likely the show was axed due to the governmment's massive funding cuts to the ABC and SBS.

Marganook with hosts Dermie and Robbo
yes you're taking the ****, but i wouldn't put it past fox to do this.

Should go to Fox. SBS are nothing but soccer.
what Sokkah does SBS show again? :rolleyes: