• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

Score Review System Exposed

JimJessTorp

Tiger Superstar
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Well we knew it was a joke. This article lays it out meaning you don't need to go to the show, you've already heard the punchline. Time long past for Hocking to GTFO.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

Shouldn’t be so hard. Invest in more camera angles, allow them up to 45 seconds as that is how long it takes after a goal. And have it one AFL official and the emergency goal umpire. Both the official and emergency goal umpire should be both agreeing on the decision as it should be that obvious.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017 ! Go Tiges in 2019 !
Aug 27, 2003
RFC
Got to keep expenses down so that the head honchos get their bonuses
You would hate to think also they have a allocated budget and the portion they save (or dont use) they get back as a % to them as a thank u?!
Saw that in an insurance coy, pathetic, over stressed staff and high turnover. Toxic enviroment.

Reactions: 1 user

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
"It makes me sad to think that the AFL goal review staff think that the AFL don't support them. I think it is a technicality, and although I haven't seen the report, the information I have leads me to believe that this is not true. I was informed that an AFL goal review staffer was seen running in an aggressive manner past two chairs toward the monitor. We are providing support to the monitor. Let me assure the footy fans and public that we care."

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Got to keep expenses down so that the head honchos get their bonuses
Yep. More of the flogs in suits cutting the arse out of the nuts n bolts requirements while inflating their own irrelevance.
Bet they'll review everything over summer n then appoint a whole new division within H.Q. specifically to establish n justify their shiny new score review bunker. Which they will completely invent as new from the ground up, rather than basing it off a perfectly functional system like Rugby League already has with a couple of minor adjustments to suit Aussie rules.

Reactions: 1 users

Mac

Tiger Superstar
Sep 16, 2003
“The Hocking theory is if we have more people there then we will get it right,” the insider continued.

This is effectively the opposite of leadership.

A true leader would set the direction, then effectively designate and delegate, monitor and improve the process. What this reeks of is someone who has been lucky enough to be surrounded by good people during his corporate development and has heard that 'great leaders surround themselves with smart people' without understanding that you actually have to lead those smart people and not just throw them in a room and hope for the best, then throw them under the bus when it doesn't work. Leaders also take the fall when it fails. So based on that...SHocking will probably hang around and continue to blame others for his failures.
Sure, I'm using a lot of guess work here. But the process doesn't appear to be improving and the people under his leadership have leaked their frustration and are not on the same page as any vision he may have laid out for them.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Looking forward to Hocking deciding to move back to club land when Benny takes over.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wasn't there another review stuff up over the weekend when some Crowbait kicked a goal that went just near the umpy's flag, DRod was right over it n called it a goal but was over ruled by the fancy new snicko when Dangermouse bumped into the opposite goal post just as the ball was passing through?
Only caught the arse end of the discussion on the Sunday footy show but I'm pretty sure that's how it went.

YinnarTiger

Opening goal, 23 Sept 2017
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Wasn't there another review stuff up over the weekend when some Crowbait kicked a goal that went just near the umpy's flag, DRod was right over it n called it a goal but was over ruled by the fancy new snicko when Dangermouse bumped into the opposite goal post just as the ball was passing through?
Only caught the arse end of the discussion on the Sunday footy show but I'm pretty sure that's how it went.
Wasn't there once a stuff-up from Snicko in some cricket match caused by an accidental slip out from the batsman's arse end as the ball passed him?

Last edited: