Scratchy Win | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Scratchy Win

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
MC24 said:
rosy3 said:
I must mention I asked my question about game plans because of MC24's comment about 2000/2001 highlighting the ability fo our players to stick to a game plan.

Glad you picked me up there Rosy.

No not picked you up at all MC24, I was genuinely interested in what people perceive to be our game plan and how the team obey it.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
once again diggler your reasoning is a lot left to be desired.
our style of play has nothing to with the downturn of memberships.2001 we played like we did on sunday.ugly.
but hey keep continuing with your sack the coach method as you are well aware it has worked in the past.

tell me this diggler give us your opinion who should coach the club from the ones who are available and your reasoning behind each wanna be coach?

another supporter full of hot air!!!! Since you have all the questions how about If losing games and playing pathetically doesnt deter memberships what does????

The only difference with 2001 is that no one had picked up on our game plan!!! We bombed it long and richo and ottens just happened to have blinders most of the weeks and grabbed and kicked everything their way!!!! Now that everyone know our game plan and double teams richo and otto what do we do??? We still continue kicking it to them when they have 2-3 defenders!!! Now this is due largely to the fact that the players we have are not capable of realising this and looking at other avenues!!! What makes it worse is the fact that we have the coach ncouraging them to do the same thing quite simply becoz he doesnt know anything else!!!!

Since you ask who would be the replacement and why maybe you can tell us why frawley should stay and what hes done in his 4 years to show us hes worth staying????

If you think wallace didnt do a good job at the bulldogs with the resources he had and the players you have no idea about footy!!! They consistently played good football and had a game plan!!!! They were one of the best if not the best skilled team at passing and moving the ball!!!! Their attack on the ball was probably on of the hardest in the league!!!! He actually made moves during the game that won them games!!! Or even Rodney Eade who took a very ordinary syndey(apart from lockett)to the grand final!!!! His tactics on game day were second to none!!!! he could make a sheedy type move that would win them a game!!! Thats what coaching is about!!! And dont reply with - well if they were that good why did they get the chop!!!!

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Wallace had 6 or 7 years at the dogs when they weren't restricted like now to 92.5% of the cap. They choked in the '97 prelim final and got thrashed in nearly every other final they played in. He got his players to use dirty tactics which always failed in finals when the pressure was on and class was needed to win. The bulldogs of that time had the foot skills but not the class to make an impression in september. And the last two years they didn't make the finals.
If you mean by him not having the resources (players) then why isn't that the case with Danny who's only been there 3 years (2003 being his 4th).

As for Rodney Eade. Yes they made the GF in '96 (thanks to playing the other finals at the small SCG which suited Lockett) but after that it was all downhill for the next 7 years. If you think Danny's game plan is negative just ask any swans supporter what they thought of Eade's coaching. They couldn't wait for him to leave.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
frawleyudud said:
once again diggler your reasoning is a lot left to be desired.
our style of play has nothing to with the downturn of memberships.2001 we played like we did on sunday.ugly.
but hey keep continuing with your sack the coach method as you are well aware it has worked in the past.

tell me this diggler give us your opinion who should coach the club from the ones who are available and your reasoning behind each wanna be coach?

another supporter full of hot air!!!! Since you have all the questions how about If losing games and playing pathetically doesnt deter memberships what does????

The only difference with 2001 is that no one had picked up on our game plan!!! We bombed it long and richo and ottens just happened to have blinders most of the weeks and grabbed and kicked everything their way!!!! Now that everyone know our game plan and double teams richo and otto what do we do??? We still continue kicking it to them when they have 2-3 defenders!!! Now this is due largely to the fact that the players we have are not capable of realising this and looking at other avenues!!! What makes it worse is the fact that we have the coach ncouraging them to do the same thing quite simply becoz he doesnt know anything else!!!!

Since you ask who would be the replacement and why maybe you can tell us why frawley should stay and what hes done in his 4 years to show us hes worth staying????

If you think wallace didnt do a good job at the bulldogs with the resources he had and the players you have no idea about footy!!! They consistently played good football and had a game plan!!!! They were one of the best if not the best skilled team at passing and moving the ball!!!! Their attack on the ball was probably on of the hardest in the league!!!! He actually made moves during the game that won them games!!! Or even Rodney Eade who took a very ordinary syndey(apart from lockett)to the grand final!!!! His tactics on game day were second to none!!!! he could make a sheedy type move that would win them a game!!! Thats what coaching is about!!! And dont reply with - well if they were that good why did they get the chop!!!!
the falling membership has to do with where we finished the previous year.the facts and figure,s show this.it has nothing to do with the style of game we play.
why should we change our game plan. you play to your strengths.since 2001 we have been unable to play to that strength on a regular basis with injurys to richo,holland and stafford.
as for wallace firstly his style of play we havnt got the personal to go with this basketball type plan for starters.if you want his style then we draft accordingly but we will be waiting 4 yrs before that bears fruit and no doubt you will change your name to wallaceudud.
besides you think wallace has the capabilities of getting a side to the ultimate?i doubt it.

eade is very much a hard task master.not sure if thats fits in well with us or not [re robert walls].

out of the 2 id go for eade.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Why can't supporters and the coaching staff for that matter accept the fact that no club let alon Richmond is ever likely to field their best side and for Richmond that means that the likes of Holland , Richardson, Ottens, Stafford, *smile* may never play in the same side again. If the coaches insist on building a game plan around having key position players (one with a knee reco, another with chronic injuries and another with a very serious back problem) as the cornerstones then they deserve whatever they get.

Richmond need a gameplan that can function effectively and win games with an 80% strength side and not rely on fielding their best side week in week out.

2001 was the exception, last year and this year are the norm. Get used to it.

Ruthless_Richmond

hunger to win
Feb 28, 2003
The Gong
As far as a game plan the areas we need to improve 1. midfielders streaming into the forward line so they can either kick goals or crumb preventing the notorious rebounds we suffer from.
2. forwards leading away from Rich so that if he id double or triple teamed there are other free options.
3. I also believe Richo needs to start games up the ground, even on the wing. He is fast, can outmark anyone and hits them on the chest from 50 on the run. Because of his personality he is like a caged lion at full forward, he goes to pieces with time to think let him run take control of his own destiny and you will see a new Richo.
4. Angry pills. Players that punish the opposition when they have the ball (Go Hilts).
5. Midfielders that not just get the ball, but have the strength to break tackles and deliver. Coughlan, Rodan, Johnson & Tivendale are all capable of this.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Tigerfurious, can't agree with you more. Until we can win games without relying 100% on a marking option in the forward line and without relying totally on Richo and Ottens then we unfortunately won't be a real chance for the flag.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
TigerFurious said:
Why can't supporters and the coaching staff for that matter accept the fact that no club let alon Richmond is ever likely to field their best side and for Richmond that means that the likes of Holland , Richardson, Ottens, Stafford, *smile* may never play in the same side again. If the coaches insist on building a game plan around having key position players (one with a knee reco, another with chronic injuries and another with a very serious back problem) as the cornerstones then they deserve whatever they get.

Richmond need a gameplan that can function effectively and win games with an 80% strength side and not rely on fielding their best side week in week out.

2001 was the exception, last year and this year are the norm. Get used to it.
thankyou for those great comments, atleast some supporters are realistic and can see that we need change!!!! When as you have said ur game plan relies on injury prone players than you must make a change or have a different plan when those players are not available!!! Not just stick with it and hope!!!!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
To win AFL football you need to be able to kick big scores. We have proven that we have the personnel to do that in the past, albeit not to often recently.

The only way we are going to kick these scores is to play attacking football. Sure there will be times when defense if the best form or attack, but playing good attacking football is a great way to force the opposition onto the back foot, if we are capable.

By being negative we allow other teams to get on the front foot early and too easily in my opinion when we shouldn't have too.

I hate to live in the past, but when we were 30 points down at half time against teh Bummers in the 2nd Semi Final, I had lost hope, but swooper made some attacking moves by putting Turner up field, Daffy into the Midfield and a few other positional changes which weren't without risk, but the result is History. He had nothing to lose, took a risk and it resulted in one of the greatest Tiger Victories of the modern era.