Season opener | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season opener

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Can imagine the interest in a Dees v Dogs game on a Wednesday night, regardless where they finished last year. Will be lucky to pull 50K. Waste of time and further evidence of the AFL taking RFC supporters for granted.
Looks like a certainty now.

Reactions: 1 user

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
SHocking has advised Pepper Scott to make sure Richmond plays the top 8 from R2 to R9.
Good, because we will scare the *smile* out of everyone as they all realise our best is still untouchable.
We will decimate the 8.
In fact that could be the membership tagline

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The beginning of the drip fed draw... Brad Chris Scott still working through what works best!

Studio_20211204_080354.jpg

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Its factually incorrect, we haven't had the season opener since 2007, in 2014 we played GC up there Rd 1.

As some may say

FACT

I'm confused Taz?

I don't see the point in us playing the 'season opener' against Carlton each year if we don't actually open the season.
It's become redundant. Time for the club to change it up.

Reactions: 2 users

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
Its factually incorrect, we haven't had the season opener since 2007, in 2014 we played GC up there Rd 1.

As some may say

FACT
2008 it started randomly.

2009 was the Cousins game. He did his hamstring. I remember the media door stopping Richo at Punt Road during the following week to question what it meant for Cousins career. Richo's response was that he had never heard of a hamstring injury being career ending...

2010 was repeated due to the crowd of 2009.

2012, 2013 & 2014 all weren't season openers.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Huge GF rematch in front of Block buster crowd of 52k.
*smile* clubs like Footscary and Melbourne don't pull crowds.
50 bucks we get Port or WC away again and we play Brisbane away late in the year.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
If you think the Dogs v Demons won’t pull a crowd, who do you reckon will turn up for Hawks v Roos on Sunday afternoon?

• Haha

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I'm confused Taz?

I don't see the point in us playing the 'season opener' against Carlton each year if we don't actually open the season.
It's become redundant. Time for the club to change it up.
Sorry mate, Im just saying their article is incorrect & in fact we have not played Carlton in Rd 1 every year since 2007

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I see Hocking got his wish to play Essendon at their (other) home ground - the MCG 2.10 Saturday. The AFL can get rooted. They look after their love children - Geelong, Essendon, Fox and 7. The rest are just pawns in their game.
They are making some huge blunders pandering to these people. They are ripping apart the fabric of the game and what made it great.
there is too much money in TV now and the fans are forgotten.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If you think we’re being shafted, just wait till you see how many home games we have to play at Dumplands and how many road trips we have….

After Gale’s needling of the AFL a few weeks ago, you just know we’re gonna get a reaming from them where the full draw is concerned.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Personally I don’t care too much. If crowds are somewhat normal the tigers v Bloos will get a massive crowd anyway.

We will drop a few early, be 4-4 after 8 rounds and then come home with a rush and finish in 3rd with a 16-6 record and normal finals service will then be resumed

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Yeah I can’t wait.:mad:
I’ve been reading Mick Warner’s book, “The Boys Club”. It’s clear how Gill and his dills operate and Gale isn’t one of the “in crowd”.
The AFL is the most corrupt sporting organisation in Australia.

Reactions: 6 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yeah I can’t wait.:mad:
I’ve been reading Mick Warner’s book, “The Boys Club”. It’s clear how Gill and his dills operate and Gale isn’t one of the “in crowd”.
The AFL is the most corrupt sporting organisation in Australia.
What..... just Australia? Taken over from Fifa..... Demetriou's legacy in tact and improved upon!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Just dawned on me we in theory should get an easier draw next year having finished 12th

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Huge GF rematch in front of Block buster crowd of 52k.
*smile* clubs like Footscary and Melbourne don't pull crowds.
50 bucks we get Port or WC away again and we play Brisbane away late in the year.
I bet my left nut all that eventuates.
I would love to play Port on the G and towel them up.