Selected team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selected team

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
PLAYERS
Backs: M. Rogers D. Gaspar L. Cameron
Half Backs: G. Tivendale A. Kellaway M. Chaffey
Centre: J. Bowden W. Campbell J. Blumfield
Half Forwards: A. Fiora R. Hall M. Coughlan
Forwards: A. Houlihan M. Richardson R. Hilton
Followers: G. Stafford, K. Johnson, D. Rodan
Interchange: C. King, T. Zantuck, C. Newman, K. Pettifer, A. Mills, T. Fleming, R. Vardy
Emergency:

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I vote to bring in Tim Fleming. I chose to be his VP after Dunc gave him a big rap for being courageous and hard at it.
Sounds good to me. Go Tim

I doubt Richo would play, might bring Vardy in for height, but I don't see the point if they aren't willing to give him some time.
Hopefully Zantuck has healed well.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Overheard Spud talking to the medical guys after last weeks Coburg's game

The first thing he asked was how Fleming was after his knock. Sounded to me as though Fleming would be a very good chance to come into the team.

Probably just a matter of matchups now, Richo surely couldnt play, and Zantuck would have to be touch and go.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
After Fleming got knocked in the head in the 2nd quarter last week, he re-appeared in the 3rd, then to subsequently go off for the remaining of the game. Don't think it was a bad knock and I think he will play this week.

Looking at the interchange the only change I think frawely will make is Fleming for Richo. No point bringing in Vardy.

However I would bring in Mills for King.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Not surprised McGrath isn't there, and I guess Krak might need another week to get his fitness up seeing he hasn't been selected.
He's had a very restricted pre season.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Tiger fans, keep your eyes on no. 3 for the dockers on the weekend - Byron Schammer. We could have drafted him. I haven't seen him play but there are big wraps on him and was touted a top 5 draft pick before last Novembers draft.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'll be taking a bit of notice of him, and also steven salopek, but in all fairness only time will tell if Jay Schulz was a better option or not.
He might take a little longer to develop than the smaller guys.
We really need a taller player coming on for the future, so fingers crossed.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
From RealFooty

HEAD TO HEAD

LAST TIME: Rich 18.14 (122) d Frem 10.12 (72) at the MCG, round 19, 2002.
A rampant Richardson kicked six goals and the Tigers hammered eight goals in the final quarter to overcome a disappointing Dockers outfit.

RECORD OVERALL: Rich 8, Frem 4

AT THIS GROUND: Rich 3, Frem 0

IN THE 00s: Rich 3, Frem 2

COACHES: Frawley 1, Connolly 1

BETTING: Rich $1.60, Frem $2.20

TV: Fox Footy Channel, 2pm

RADIO: Nil

AT SELECTION: Croad should line up for his first match of the season, with Jones and Siegert the other inclusions in the Dockers squad, which will be trimmed tonight. The Tigers have named Richardson, but the forward is unlikely to play after undergoing surgery earlier this week. Mills, Fleming and Vardy have been included.

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY: With Croad and the Longmuir brothers playing together for the first time in the season, a bolstered Fremantle midfield will be the key to the match, particularly with Richmond lacking options up forward. The Dockers' shocking away record counts against them, but this could be their week.

PREDICTION: Fremantle by five points.

- Nabila Ahmed

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Preview from the club site

MATCH: Richmond v Fremantle
10:19:52 AM Wed 9 April, 2003
WHEN & WHERE: Sunday 13th April, MCG, 2:10pm (AEST).

COVERAGE: Fox Footy live (all states except WA). Channel 10 (WA only).

LAST TIME:Richmond 18.14 (122) d Fremantle 10.12 (72) at the MCG, round 19, 2002. Matthew Richardson kicked six goals and won three Brownlow votes in a dominating display. The Tigers worked their way to a 23-point lead at the final change and slammed on eight goals in the final quarter to win in a canter.

THE MEDICAL ROOM: The Tigers have lost Richardson for a week with a cheek injury and are a week from getting Duncan Kellaway back. Robert Haddrill hurt a shoulder on the weekend for the Dockers.

THE FORM: The Tigers put the afterburners on in the final quarter to defeat the Western Bulldogs last weekend while, as always, the Dockers looked far better at home than they do away, defeating the Swans.

WHO’S HOT: Leon Cameron booted four goals for Richmond and his move to the forward line proved to be a match-winning switch by Danny Frawley. Many believed that Andrew Kellaway was his team’s best against the Bulldogs. Paul Hasleby was a ball-magnet for Fremantle with 37 touches against Sydney.

WHO’S NOT: Matthew Richardson, with yet another injury setback. This time, it is his cheekbone. Trent Croad has yet to play for the Dockers because of suspension and the side needs another dangerous marking option close to goal.

KEY MATCH-UPS: Kellaway could get first opportunity at Hasleby, but you would think that Frawley will start on the front foot, given Freo’s poor form on the road.

ALL-TIME CLASSIC: A late goal to Ben Hollands gave the Tigers a one-point win over Fremantle in a shootout at Subiaco in 1999.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Sorry but no schammer to watch this week.

I agree big time with CT that Flemming or almost anyone else would have been a better option than Kingy at the moment. At least FLEMMING would add a bit of hardness from what I hear on the list although I have not seen him play.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Suprise, suprise Richo will not play. Why does Frawley even bother with these tired old encyclopedia salesman tactics. Who are they trying to fool? Are they worried that if Richo doesnt play there will only be 15,000 at the G tomorrow and membership will flounder even more. Come on Danny you treat Richmond supporters like they have got a very low IQ. We know for a fact this isnt true ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Where are the finalised teams I can oly find them with Richo in them. Who else is in and out??