Selected teams | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selected teams

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Backs: T. Zantuck A. Kellaway M. Chaffey
Half Backs: C. Newman D. Gaspar G. Tivendale
Centre: L. Cameron M. Coughlan J. Bowden
Half Forwards: R. Hilton M. Richardson T. Fleming
Forwards: A. Krakouer R. Vardy A. Fiora
Followers: G. Stafford, K. Johnson, D. Rodan
Interchange: M. Rogers, K. Pettifer, C. Biddiscombe, C. King
Emergency: J. Schulz, C. Hyde, D. Kellaway

In: Richo, King
Out: Nicholls, Shultz

Clinton King ??? What did he do in the recent Coburg game ???

Well, considering some of our favorite whipping boys in Vardy and Bidders played well against the bummers, maybe King cando the same against the Dees.

One can only hope

hmmm

this decision baffles me

did king even play for coburg during his weeks out? i didnt see him mentioned in the bests

duncan as an emergency surprises me, i'd be expecting a late change

DragicevicFan said:
did king even play for coburg

From the Bendigo game report.
The Coburg boys showed their hunger in the second term kicking 4 goals to
the Bomber's 1 to go into half time with a 23 point lead. Coburg had plenty
of the ball and should have been even further in front. Clinton King had 21
touches, Captain Dean Talbot had 20, Duncan Kellaway had 15, Leigh Carlson
14 as did Chris Hyde.

Clinton also kicked a goal in that game..

Good Luck Kingy, Eat 'Em Alive.

Richardson returns for Round 8
Barry Levinson
afl.com.au
5:40:41 PM Thu 15 May, 2003
Champion forward Matthew Richardson has been included to face Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night.

The Tigers have made two changes for the match with Richardson and rover Clinton King returning at the expense of the injured Billy Nicholls (hamstring) and the omitted Jay Schulz.

Richardson has missed the past two weeks with a minor strain to his right hamstring, but trained impressively at the MCG on Wednesday.

King returns to the senior line-up after being on the outer for the past four weeks due to a drop in form and a knee complaint.

Goalsneak Adam Houlihan was not considered after also hoping to prove that he had recovered from a hamstring strain.

The Demons have lost both Travis Johnstone and Nathan Brown with hamstring injuries and promoted Guy Rigoni and Paul Wheatley in their place.

Clinton King ! Whats the point ? ???

Lets not go backwards tigers !!

At least it'll give a few of us ammunition if we lose this week ;D. Hoping its not the case but.

Rogers, biddiscombe, vardy, pettifer, king - the list is getting too long.

MESSAGE TO: The Boss.....
Can you give us your inside slant on WHY this has occurred???

Melbourne to win by 100 points, just because Kings in the side.

King, Rogers, and Biddiscombe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frawley will regret this decision.

We get King back, Duncan is an emergency. Smells like trouble or is that rabble.

Lets just wait and see guys! I'm as bemused as the rest of you with King's selection, but it appears he had pretty good form in the last Coburg game. He'll either sink or swim! I just hope he's wearing his "dinky dippers" because he'll need them! ;)
It's also a bonus that Travis Johstone is out!

Spewing Cambo is still M.I.A, its been torture for me over the last couple of weeks. Not to worry, we get to see the likes of King, Pettifer and Biddiscombe show us their wares.

MESSAGE TO: The Boss.....
Can you give us your inside slant on WHY this has occurred???

Tigerdog, I too was very surprised at his selection but I can probably see why he was selected.

When you look at it we only had 27 fit players to select from, due to all our injuries. The 5 players to miss selection in the 22 are:
D Kellaway (who clearly needs another run with Coburg to get some match fitness)
Dragga (same as above)
Schulz (dropped this week back to Coburg and is still a year off playing senior footy. Very raw)
McGrath (everyone on here keeps saying to give him a game but until he sorts out issues and plays consistently well for Coburg he will not get a game this year)
Hyde ( has shown nothing when played in teh seniors)

At the end of the day it was probably out of King and Hyde to get a game, match committee went with King.

I would have gone with Hyde. Hyde has only come off the bench in small bursts with limited gametime. A bit hard to show something.

Having said that i bagged Biddiscombe's selectiona few weeks ago and hes done ok. King used to be a good player, perhaps with all the positivity around the club he may get back to good form. If in form of a few years ago he should be in the side but hes never going to win us a game on his own like others are capable of. Unfortunately he hasnt shown much last two seasons.

I'd love to see some of the young players given a run as much as anyone. But, for reasons that we are not always aware of, it seems like it can't always happen how we would like.

It is unlikely that any Club will ever have a playing list that is even in ability, talent, etc., from 1 to 38. So the best any of us can hope for is that the players who come in, regardless of who they are, make a contribution to the team.

They don't need to be world beaters, just be able to do their job as effectively as possible.

We may not have the best list going around, but because we have had an even contribution from players, it makes life easier for everybody. Even so, it seems that some players are being carried and, if anywhere, this may be where we will eventually get found out, particularly against the better sides.

Given our injury list, it is as much a matter of managing the playing list, as much as anything else. Giving players an opportunity to claim senior selection will be the biggest key to how far we go this season. Our top 10-15 players can take us so far, with their consistency and ability, but it is the contribution from the rest of the players that can ultimately determine where we finish.

We can only hope that, whoever gets a Richmond guernsey, does the job he is required to do. You can't ask for any more than that.

shawry said:
I would have gone with Hyde. Hyde has only come off the bench in small bursts with limited gametime. A bit hard to show something.

I'm with you Shawry. Hyde's been in Coburg's best for the last few weeks, what does he have to do to get a game? (not being biased seeing I'm his pres and all ;D)

Oh well Go Kingy.

Well said Shawry.

Maybe the positive vibe around the place has helped lift all the players, especially the guys who have struggled recently and guys we thought that weren't up to it.

Guys like Tivva, Andy Kellaway, Leon Cameron and Krak have all been playing really good footy.

Hackers like Vardy and Bidders, whilst not being superstars have done the job required, and you can't ask for anything more than that.

When I think back to 2000 and 2001, we were all begging for Clinton to return from injury as he was a really productive midfielder. Maybe he can play that role again where he is the one who dishes out the quick handball in traffic. At least now, we know there is more than one player who can be in and under.

Anyway, good luck Clinton. Just having a crack at it is all we ask.

If we can't support our own, who can we support?