Semi Final Richmond Vs North Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Semi Final Richmond Vs North Melbourne

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I understand the reasons for the different rules, but I really don't like them at all. The women's game has improved hugely since the AFLW began, time to get rid of the different rules.

DS
I'm sorry ....... but surely you follow the game closely enough to understand why these rules are in place??

The boundary throw in is a simple case of the female version of AFL being played like AUSKICK! A huge pack of barely skilled individuals struggling to clear the ball from congested packs...........

The game has only improved because of these 'rules' (and improved training/coaching) otherwise it would be (and indeed is) painful to watch.....

Only 2500 turned up for our final?

The RFC website struggles to find positives (and I have no doubt that they track the data - and put simply no one GAF)

Why - becuase it's hit its market peak - and even the AFL knows that they (and the clubs) are pumping massive money into something that is an economical drain

At least 16 players keeps the payroll/workforce a bit lower

A further two players would be nothing less than a further waste of money...................

:(

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I reckon if Jeff Dahmer was a Tiger people would complain that the AFL wanted him to starve to death.

She did something stupid, got pulled up and copped a warning. Perfectly handled I'd say.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I reckon if Jeff Dahmer was a Tiger people would complain that the AFL wanted him to starve to death.

She did something stupid, got pulled up and copped a warning. Perfectly handled I'd say.
Even more stupid to treat her like a criminal just for two motivational words. Pedantic or what.

Reactions: 1 user

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Bitches is an offensive term now??

Jeez, what were these guys in charge of the AFL called in school!! I have a 12 and 14 year old and if *smile* was the worst thing coming out of their mouths I'd be stoked.
Mate it’s apparently an x-rated message based on this headline…

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

I’d agree with you however if the AFL’s media partner then runs headlines like x-rate message the AFL needs to take some responsibility for allowing it to get out of hand. We all know 7 and the AFL media toe the line on so many other things the AFL want silenced or glossed over.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Even sister Sarah has to get scrutinised for playing hard.

As usual, they have to use the words 'out in straight sets' and with smart-arse undertones in that we decided to play at PRO instead of Puke-on Park. They can't get enough out of us. Not enough Dusty news for the d-heads.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Even more stupid to treat her like a criminal just for two motivational words. Pedantic or what.

It's not two motivational words, it's childish and a demeaning way to refer to women and certainly not the sort of thing you display on yourself when you are representing the club.

Loving our club and players and acknowledging when they have *smile* up are not mutually exclusive.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's not two motivational words, it's childish and a demeaning way to refer to women and certainly not the sort of thing you display on yourself when you are representing the club.

Loving our club and players and acknowledging when they have *smile* up are not mutually exclusive.
If it was a male player, yes I'd agree. But she is a woman playing against women. Nothing sexist or demeaning about it. It's just slang. Who knows what male players have written or tattooed on them that most can't see or don't know. Does it really matter???

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The hoskos are great ambassadors of our club and you can’t help but admire the way they go about it , Jess would have been having a larf it’s easy to forget you can’t do that no more