Semi Final Richmond Vs North Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Semi Final Richmond Vs North Melbourne

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
It was absolutely the right decision to play the game at the ground we are most advantaged by.

No point in having 10k fans watching the game at Shitville Park if we lose
I would say we are a better chance at Ikon. Not growing the game and maximising the attendance is extremely short sighted.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A lot of whinging about the location choice of PRO.
I just hope that the home ground advantage gets us the win & we can worry about where & who we are playing the following week.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Been confirmed as a Richmond decision. Very disappointing.

I'm with them, the best thing you can do to build your brand is win and you should play where ever you think the best chance of that is.

I also think the higher team should have the choice to play finals at their home ground, whether it is Geelong or Punt Road.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I'm with them, the best thing you can do to build your brand is win and you should play where ever you think the best chance of that is.

I also think the higher team should have the choice to play finals at their home ground, whether it is Geelong or Punt Road.
You've always been a club apologist

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Been confirmed as a Richmond decision. Very disappointing.
They can't rewind 1 hour or 90 minutes back? Doubt it's a tight schedule for the club at this time of the year for PRO. The Matildas game might attract some neutral fans to watch the AFLW final.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland

I understand fans being disappointed but I have to agree. If you have the chance to play finals at home you have to jump at it.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I had planned to take my 3 sons to their first AFLW game this weekend. This is a huge loss for the game I reckon. It could have attracted a substantial crowd and built momentum for the game.

Reactions: 1 users

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
Yeah it does seem an odd decision by the Tiges not to cater for a larger crowd of rabid Richmond fans. Shame for those that have missed out.

Maybe its Benny's way of sticking it to HQ, but I am all for the win and would like to think that's the reasoning.

Personally, snagged grandstand tickets so I am relishing probably the last (and only) opportunity to watch a senior finals game from the Dyer Stand. Hope we lift the freaking roof off!!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah it does seem an odd decision by the Tiges not to cater for a larger crowd of rabid Richmond fans. Shame for those that have missed out.

Maybe its Benny's way of sticking it to HQ, but I am all for the win and would like to think that's the reasoning.

Personally, snagged grandstand tickets so I am relishing probably the last (and only) opportunity to watch a senior finals game from the Dyer Stand. Hope we lift the freaking roof off!!
Are you a member BT? When i logged on for tickets all available just said general admission.

At the Rich Brissie game on Grand Final Day the Jack Dyer stand was actually closed off to spectators.

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
Are you a member BT? When i logged on for tickets all available just said general admission.

At the Rich Brissie game on Grand Final Day the Jack Dyer stand was actually closed off to spectators.
I am an aflw member and logged on at 2pm. It refers to Grand1 on my tickets with a low sequence number and I got to select the stand so I am hopeful.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

There may be an element that Richmond want to highlight again how unsuitable PRO is at present for hosting games in general and rekindle the need for the Punt Road Re-Development which seems to have stalled in it's timeline. The project was originally slated to start mid to late 2022, that ain't going to happen and there is little detail coming out from the club.

A quote from Brendan Gale in below AFL website article:

"This discussion underlines the significance of our planned redevelopment at Punt Road Oval which will grow our capacity to almost 8000 – a project we are fully committed to delivering."