Semi Final Richmond Vs North Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Semi Final Richmond Vs North Melbourne

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yes, pity about how the crowd is limited, but I reckon Caeser has hit the nail on the head, shows the need for the Punt Rd redevelopment.

I managed to get tickets so pretty happy about that. Hope we win.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
The best moment of this saga is going to come next time we get Geelong in a men's final and have to enthusiastically support the game being played at Kardinia Park. :peepwall

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
What's the difference? I agree that the higher ranked team should play at home if they choose, as we have done. Can't then take a different stance with the men.
Unfair for the Pussies, but just saying, due to our continuously huge supporter base, the AFL will not make it happen.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
The
The best moment of this saga is going to come next time we get Geelong in a men's final and have to enthusiastically support the game being played at Kardinia Park. :peepwall
Yep, staggeringly short-sighted decision by the club. It will bite us on the arse

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
What do you mean in supporting Geelong?

If the AFL ask us our opinion on playing Geelong at Geelong in a final, we would have to say we support the home team playing at their ground, at the expense of people being able to watch live.

And if Brendon Gale starts running the AFL, he would have to do the same.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
What's the difference? I agree that the higher ranked team should play at home if they choose, as we have done. Can't then take a different stance with the men.
About 90000 people wanting to go!
Don't get me wrong, love Tiger our girls and so happy Eilish Sheerin is in the AA Squad, absolute gun, but it's true.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I won't support that at all as I don't support this week's game being played at Punt Road

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I still reckon it has more to do with showing we need to upgrade Punt Rd than the home ground advantage.

DS

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
This will absolutely come back to bite us
When i saw this reported on the news i just immediately thought Geelong, Kardinia Park, next final against them .......
Even if the AFL dont make us play there due to our huge drawing power it just appears so hypocritical on behalf of our management

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Would be interesting to see potential crowd numbers. I have no idea.
But if 25k is a reasonable figure, then I can imagine 25 thousand cheering tiger fans would make a big din and be a helluva support to the team.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ok folks, this is it, the hardest to get ticket in town.

Yes, I have 2 spare tickets to the Semi Final. My daughter double booked herself and I bought one for her and another for her partner.

So, PM me if you can go. I know "your phone is your ticket" but, hey, I'm old school and have printed them out.

DS