Semi Final Richmond Vs North Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Semi Final Richmond Vs North Melbourne

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Week two of finals will see Richmond take on North Melbourne at the Swinburne Centre (Punt Rd Oval) at 1.40pm

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Do you wanna know why I hate the AFL so much? It's because they deliberately put these games on the same time as Matildas v Sweden at AAMI Park.

Why be deliberately provocative and hostile when we can all get along?

Dogs.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Saturday at 1.40 then, need to improve a bit on the performance against North last time but if we play well we can win this. Would be great if they can win a final.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Do you wanna know why I hate the AFL so much? It's because they deliberately put these games on the same time as Matildas v Sweden at AAMI Park.

Why be deliberately provocative and hostile when we can all get along?

Dogs.
Just terrible. Game should be at Ikon Park too.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Never give a sucker an even break.

sorry, but the AFL are the suckers on this occasion. as is womens sport. if you wanna push the AFLW, then choose a time when people can go, not make them chose between them both. I'm hearing ticket sale are very strong for the Matildas game.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
sorry, but the AFL are the suckers on this occasion. as is womens sport. if you wanna push the AFLW, then choose a time when people can go, not make them chose between them both. I'm hearing ticket sale are very strong for the Matildas game.
I'm taking my daughter to see the Matildas, AFLW time is horrendous, would have loved to go to both.

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

Soccer's participation rates from women and in particular junior girls are probably the biggest threat the AFL faces in terms of growing the female game.

Any eyeballs they can keep off soccer and on AFLW is a win, they might be pushing uphill now but I think they are right to be combative for the longer term prospects.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep, and all the young girls watching the soccer are now unable to watch the AFLW because it is scheduled to clash with the soccer. They are keeping eyeballs off the AFLW.

Simply stupid.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Yep, and all the young girls watching the soccer are now unable to watch the AFLW because it is scheduled to clash with the soccer. They are keeping eyeballs off the AFLW.

Simply stupid.

DS
Stupid enough to compete against Sam Kerr's name.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Sold out within 15 minutes. One of the most mind-boggling poor decision I can recall to stage the game at Punt Road. Expect this sort of crap from the AFL but not the RFC.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sold out within 15 minutes. One of the most mind-boggling poor decision I can recall to stage the game at Punt Road. Expect this sort of crap from the AFL but not the RFC.
Tend to agree. Will also be used by Geelong to further push their demands for Kardinia Park finals

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Season's over and they still can't get enough kicks in teasing our club.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It was absolutely the right decision to play the game at the ground we are most advantaged by.

No point in having 10k fans watching the game at Shitville Park if we lose