SEN Online/SEN Radio now online [Merged]

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
there have been rumours for a while that he's going to Macquarie. i think its good news tbh. KB and Dr Turf's show isn't very entertaining with their "team of the Century" garbage content. Time to retire the dinosaurs and freshen up.

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
OK ,I HATE whateley for his self righteous calls, but has someone who has been a member since 1980 and gone to games weekly including raising and attending meetings for the save our skins campaign back somewhere in late 80,s or early 90,s, i can tell you kb was 100% on the mark when coaching tiges,the CLUB WAS WRONG AND OUTDATED AND DESTROYING US,KB WAS THE ONLY COACH FROM 1985 UNTILL 2010 THAT HAD RICHMOND ON THE RIGHT PATH, VIA A YOUTH PROGRAM, john northey benifited from kbs youth program a few years down the track,our club was going constantly for recycled hacks and never going down the youth program untill hardwick coached us,only under kbs coaching did we go for a youth rebuild that basically stopped after he wasn,t coaching anymore,without him tigers may well not have existed now,we had complete cocks running our club,i remember jim malone saying,i have a theory on why we havn,t suceeded,his theory was ,you got to at least NAIL YOUR EARLY DRAFT PICKS, I NEARLY FELL OVER ,THEORY ITS BLOODY OBVIOUS , we were 15 years behind some other clubs like west coast,we luckily now are right up there with advantages our numbers and good admin and coaches have given us.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
SEN is fast becoming irrelevant Crutchy is pissing in his own kitchen.

Finey, Harf, Jason Richardson, Marko and Ox and Schibecstar were connected with the listenership, and carried the low brow vibe to the masses which identified with it.

I no longer listen to SEN unless its to listen to a Tigers game being broadcast.

Gonzo Wankley and that sycophant cuck Maher are unlistenable

Who will do the afternoons now.

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
SEN is fast becoming irrelevant Crutchy is pissing in his own kitchen.

Finey, Harf, Jason Richardson, Marko and Ox and Schibecstar were connected with the listenership, and carried the low brow vibe to the masses which identified with it.

I no longer listen to SEN unless its to listen to a Tigers game being broadcast.

Gonzo Wankley and that sycophant cuck Maher are unlistenable

Who will do the afternoons now.
Fully agree,I will follow KB to Macquarie if he goes there, never thought I would prefer corns over wankley

Mac

Tiger Superstar
Sep 16, 2003
Some real contrasting opinions here. Fair enough, the world would be boring if we agreed on everything all the time.

FWIW, I like KB. I think some tiger fans have read him wrong too. One of the few pro tiger voices on the air. Nonsensical to suggest he didn't want tigers to win another flag based on whatever reasoning. He's a massive supporter and he has always wanted the club to do well - just because he had an opinion as to how that should happen, doesn't mean he stopped loving the club. When challenged on his stance about not going back to the club premises after his sacking he has always put that challenge back and said the people making claims that he sat back and did nothing for the club when we were in need, do not know what he did and didn't do behind the scenes and are talking without full knowledge and making stuff up. Sometimes he can a bit stale, but he's pretty good at whipping up call back too. And while he likes taking the p!ss out of Carlton, I reckon he's quite reasonably minded to all clubs and pushes their membership days, etc fairly.
IMO he has a great football knowledge and I particularly like hearing stories about the old time footballers that he played against - good story telling is essential to his appeal.
Anyway, I like him but I accept not everyone does.

Others:
I must admit I didn't like Andy Maher early days. I probably let my anti Carlton bias influence me. But I actually reckon he's ok. He at least will open discussion on some spicy topics and not just sweep them under the carpet completely. He's also not a smug, faux-intellectual dork like Gonzo Wankley.

I don't like Gonzo Wankley. He's a smug, faux-intellectual dork. I actively stay away from him.

I actively stayed away from Kornhole too. Is he still on?

Rarely listen to Gaddy and Watson. Fairly tiresome.

I can listen to Sam McClure and Jack Heverin.

Brett Phillips seems ok, but I'm not a big tennis nut.

Peter Donegan is good. I like him. A real pro.

Bit players: Can't stomach Nick Dal Santo - that whiney know it all voice, his 'insights' are lame and often wrong. Tries way too hard. Don't know when he's on, as I tend to turn off the second I hear him.
Adam Cooney waffles on about some pretty boring garbage at times.

All in all, I don't listen to SEN anywhere as much as I used to. It seems there's even more ads nowadays - could be wrong, but it's pretty hard to switch over and to land on it when an ad isn't blaring.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
SEN must have saved morte costs by stripping their production crew out and replacing them with Interns. The amount of times an ad or a pre-recorded sound bite starts playing through the news or a segment is incredible for a commercial station. Never used to be like that, now it's a daily occurance.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017 ! Go Tiges in 2019 !
Aug 27, 2003
RFC
Apart from listening to a Richmond game being broadcast, there is noting worth listening to anymore.
With KB departure thats it for me as it really was the last show of any interest to me.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
SEN must have saved morte costs by stripping their production crew out and replacing them with Interns. The amount of times an ad or a pre-recorded sound bite starts playing through the news or a segment is incredible for a commercial station. Never used to be like that, now it's a daily occurance.
How else is Hutvhison going to generate enough cash to pay himself a 800k wage?

KB had good grasp of all (traditional) sports...enough to interact well with the expert contributors. But think he is well down on his NBA knowledge which seems to be no 2 topic on SEn as it tries to attract an under 40 audience.

For those who listen outside business hours half the content is "highlights" from the days main shows...ie repeats.
To the extent that early Sunday morning they were replaying Kornes preview of the Showdown presumably recorded Friday morning....only problem was that it 8 hours after the game was over.

Evenings used to be entertaining, a break from the news views of the day....now it's just another talkback show, spliced with repeats.

PS I find Cooney somewhat refreshing. Knows the game and communicates clearly. Like his obtuse perspective on non footy stuff.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
KB became boring to listen to but still better than the funeral atmosphere Wankerley brings on now.

Looks like he's lost the commentary also now.

Crutchy's ****** up the whole station.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Fair bit of dead air too. And they obviously had no Business Continuity Plan when they were smoked out of their studio a couple of weeks ago.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
PS Donegan is a star. Pro as someone else said. Must have been around for decades but by no means is he stale or an old timer.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
KB - Thanks and goodbye. time to retire gracefully.
Dr Turf - What a Spud. the fact that he's been part of the ownership structue over the years explains why he continues to hang around like a bad smell.
Maher - Never thought I'd say this, but I sorta miss him on breakfast. He's far superior to the current mob.
Whately - Talks drivel a lot, but has a has sports knowledge. perfectly suited to mornings for mine.
Cornes - At first I thought he was a flog, but he's not a fence sitter and you have to have some respect for that.
Lyon - I just can't forgive the guy for his misdeeds.
Watson - I honestly don't understand how he gets a gig. he brings nothing to the table. Biggest spud of them all.
Sam McClure - Rising star for mine and should be KB's replacement.
Jack Heverin - Don't have a massive opinion on him but I acknowledge he has a vast knowledge of sport, which is a rarity on SEN.
Brett Phillips - Not a bad backup.
Peter Donegan - Agree, he's a real pro and should be considered for a bigger role.
Dal Santo - He can try too hard, but I don't dislike him. easier to listen to in the mornings than watson.
Nick Riewoldt - has potential.
Adam Cooney - goes off on a tangent a bit at times.
Wallace - Can't believe I am saying this, but I'm starting to warm to him.
Finey - Had nothing against him. Had nothing for him. Perhaps thats the problem.
Harford - Thought he was really good in the year on the Run Home.
Jason Richardson - Horse racing flog who loves the sound of his own voice. Can't stand him.
Marko - all the best in his recovery, but I never liked him.
Ox - They should never have let him go.
Schibeci - didn't find him offensive.
Rohan Connolly - Excellent. has been wasted on radio.
Matt Granland - very underated talent. Not sure why SEN let him go.
Francis Leach - gave SEN a huge slap on Twitter yesterday. one of the rare ones who legitimately had a large knowledge of sports. he was wasted on SEN.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Must say I got sick of KBs repeat repeat opinions years a go, however still listened fairly often, certainly don’t know him , however the times I’ve chatted with him his on air demeanour is much different to the real man,.

Different to most opinions, however I listen to Tim an Garry most mornings and I don’t mind it, I’m not a Lyon fan but enjoy the show, Wheatley puts me to sleep, which is dangerous when your a truck driver :eek: definitely not my cup of tea.

On holidays this week, however last week listening to Jack heravin and NDS I didn’t mind, wasn’t too bad. Actually think there filling like Brett Phillips are really good.

Maher is a member of my old golf club and I’m told his a really nice bloke, however shits me too tears with his over the top ass kissing and over talking of guests....get on with it Andy .

Overall I don’t mind SEN , but I mainly only listen between 5-30 am an 9 during the week, oh daisy does a good job with the kids on a Sunday morning, the Pickering , Hutchinson show not a fan of there ultra high opinions of themselves.

Just on Cornes like Ian4 said his definitely not a fence sitter which is great, however imho most of the stuff he comes up with is just headline grabbing and just ridiculous most times. Like the way he has the balls to let people have a go at him though on radio without sooking

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
Dr Turf - What a Spud. the fact that he's been part of the ownership structue over the years explains why he continues to hang around like a bad smell.
Maher - Never thought I'd say this, but I sorta miss him on breakfast. He's far superior to the current mob.
Whately - Talks drivel a lot, but has a has sports knowledge. perfectly suited to mornings for mine.
Cornes - At first I thought he was a flog, but he's not a fence sitter and you have to have some respect for that.
Watson - I honestly don't understand how he gets a gig. he brings nothing to the table. Biggest spud of them all.
Jack Heverin - Don't have a massive opinion on him but I acknowledge he has a vast knowledge of sport, which is a rarity on SEN.
Peter Donegan - Agree, he's a real pro and should be considered for a bigger role.
Dal Santo - He can try too hard, but I don't dislike him. easier to listen to in the mornings than watson.
Finey - Had nothing against him. Had nothing for him. Perhaps thats the problem.
Jason Richardson - Horse racing flog who loves the sound of his own voice. Can't stand him.
Francis Leach - gave SEN a huge slap on Twitter yesterday. one of the rare ones who legitimately had a large knowledge of sports. he was wasted on SEN.
Basically the opposite of you on almost everyone except Maher/Cornes/Ox. Leach one of the bigger whiners Ive ever heard on radio, a Whately like smugness about him and how anyone can like Sam McClure is amazing IMO. He's Damian Barrett like in making stuff up for mine. No accountability.

Hutchy has stuffed SEN IMO, I used to listen regularly but rarely now. Miss Patrick Smith & KB's segment. Dr Turf is great, although he's in a pickle with his torn allegiances now.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Great summary.
I dont mind the Heverin / Dal Santo combo. They at least talk about facts and not make it about their egos like Lyon and Watson.
Wallace very analyst and great to listen to. I would like to see Wallace and Maclure team up as the ones to take over from KB and Dr Turf.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Great summary.
I dont mind the Heverin / Dal Santo combo. They at least talk about facts and not make it about their egos like Lyon and Watson.
Wallace very analyst and great to listen to. I would like to see Wallace and Maclure team up as the ones to take over from KB and Dr Turf.
Yeah Wallace and McClure team up well. The Match Committee on thursday nights is good listening.

And I agree that the Heverin / Dal Santo combo are more genuine and don't make it about them.