SEN Online/SEN Radio now online [Merged]

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
SEN numbers always spike during footy season.

Reckon the station has lost it's soul. Tries to be worldy then has ads from Nick the business coach.

Have totally gone off it. Would be lucky to hear 15 minutes a week.

Reactions: 1 user

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield
Hope KB gets the band back togetherand does podcats with Jason richardson.
That was the best half hour of radio every week.

Unlike everyone it seems I like the removal of OX and Mark Allen except the replacement of Sam McLure is terribel and sensatilies on nothing, better suited to Womans Day.
Apart from Garry Lyon (who I think is the most entertaining radio presenter), Tim Watson and Whately there is no depth to any talent on SEN.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
what ever you think of Hutchison he has done a pretty awesome job to get to where he is.
while not everyone agrees with what Hutchy has done with the SEN lineup, i actually admire what he is doing with the station. they have expanded into Adelaide, created a second channel on 1377 and has a third channel online. They cover much more live sport now as a result. He's trying to turn them into a sporting juggernaut. we are all sport lovers here.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
while not everyone agrees with what Hutchy has done with the SEN lineup, i actually admire what he is doing with the station. they have expanded into Adelaide, created a second channel on 1377 and has a third channel online. They cover much more live sport now as a result. He's trying to turn them into a sporting juggernaut. we are all sport lovers here.
Humble beginnings. Living in Richmond, you would see him in 3 places having lunch at the rising sun or at the take away pizza shop or TaB , but he Always hated Richmond

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Dr Turf John Rothfield follows Kevin Bartlett out door at SEN
Michael Randall
Herald Sun
July 19, 2019

Radio personality Dr Turf has joined long-term on air buddy Kevin Bartlett by leaving the SEN airwaves.

Bartlett sensationally finished his afternoon time slot and left the station earlier this month.

His running mate Dr Turf — who owns a stake in the station — took to Twitter to confirm he would follow suit.

“Sad to say I won’t be returning to SEN,” Rothfield wrote.

“Loved working with my little mate KB and couldn’t have done it without our fantastic audience, the contributors and the outstanding team behind the scenes.

“You panel ops and producers know who you are!

“Correct weight.”

Rothfield is a high profile racing personality.

Bartlett was quick to honour his “great mate” on Twitter.

“Loved working with The Doc over many years and on the Drive show these past 18 months,” Bartlett wrote.

“Such a generous performer and great mate.

“Sad day for SEN to lose his unique talents.”

Bartlett and station owner Craig Hutchison agreed to part ways earlier this month.

But the Richmond champion was not given a chance to complete a final show on air when he publicly said he enjoyed the old SEN, and didn’t enjoy the new SEN.

Bartlett took to social media to thank his loyal fans.

“I would like to say how much I’ve enjoyed my time at SEN over all these years and look back with pride to see how the station has evolved over all that time,” Bartlett wrote on his Twitter account.

Dr Turf John Rothfield has joined his mate KB Kevin Bartlett in leaving the SEN airwaves. Picture: Kevin Bartlett/Twitter

Dr Turf John Rothfield has joined his mate KB Kevin Bartlett in leaving the SEN airwaves. Picture: Kevin Bartlett/Twitter

“I’d like to thank all the people who have helped me over the years and I’m humbled by the gracious comments made by so many people over the last few days on hearing the news of my resignation.

“I’d like to acknowledge the professional way in which Craig Hutchison has handled my resignation and appreciate his kind comments in his press statement.

“Finally, I’d like to thank the listeners of SEN who have always supported and encouraged me on radio and TV and who have allowed me to remain totally involved in not just AFL but all sports in this great city … and hopefully we’ve all had a bit of fun along the way.”

The 72-year-old had been at SEN since its inception in 2004.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/dr-turf-john-rothfield-follows-kevin-bartlett-out-door-at-sen/news-story/a932aed8e726a5e5fdc868b9af994a15 (paywalled)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Haven't listened to SEN for a few years now. Used to enjoy their Fri night footy programs with Huddo, Dermie, the guest coaches n that Age journo who's name momentarily escapes me.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Haven't listened to SEN for a few years now. Used to enjoy their Fri night footy programs with Huddo, Dermie, the guest coaches n that Age journo who's name momentarily escapes me.
Same - great way to finish the week in winter - don’t listen to SEN anymore, or a lot of AFL commentary anymore, they are all sheep with their views and I keep up to date on here and through the sun.

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
Listening to Buckley now with Kermit and whenever I hear Buckley speaking he sounds like a trained corporate speaker. There is nothing natural about the way he interviews. It's like he is reading from a prepared script with every answer. It's almost plays out in the way Collingwood play, almost entirely predictable and planned and structured. There is little risk or flair in their play, just there is no risk or flair in anything Buckley does now.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Listening to Buckley now with Kermit and whenever I hear Buckley speaking he sounds like a trained corporate speaker. There is nothing natural about the way he interviews. It's like he is reading from a prepared script with every answer. It's almost plays out in the way Collingwood play, almost entirely predictable and planned and structured. There is little risk or flair in their play, just there is no risk or flair in anything Buckley does now.
boring twat he is

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Bob Murphy and Andy Maher new drivetime hosts.
Happy with Maher, but not Bob. I find his story telling a bit mundane. He's just not an interesting personality. He may as well go into politics.

But in saying that, they will be a million times better than the dinosaurs of KB and Dr Turf. I listened to their shows because there was nothing else to listen to, but geez it was hard at times. But it was better when people like Demie and Wallace were on the airwaves with them.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Absolutely spot on MD. That's why he virtually mumbles (naturally) when facing a bit of media pressure such as now.