SEN Online/SEN Radio now online [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SEN Online/SEN Radio now online [Merged]

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I do wish some of our jounro's would go & follow U.S sports given how obsessed they are with them.
Whateley is over for the Superbowl & drools all over it yet craps on about how boring our game is....
Tho it does suck how our journo's get a ticket & NFL fans can't find one anywhere....
Must be the only competition in the world where the marching girls, half time entertainment, commercials and mind numbingly endless stats are each far more important than the game itself.
Tried to watch a game once, must have taken about three and a half hours to play an eighty minute game of which about two minutes was exciting.

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Must be the only competition in the world where the marching girls, half time entertainment, commercials and mind numbingly endless stats are each far more important than the game itself.
Tried to watch a game once, must have taken about three and a half hours to play an eighty minute game of which about two minutes was exciting.
I watch the Superbowl when i can & appreciate it for it's uniqueness to anything else i watch, but i'd hate our game to become anything like U.S sports. our game is unique & our media seem hellbent on changing that for some reason. There is a reason the half time entertainment at the Superbowl is such a talking point...

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I watch the Superbowl when i can & appreciate it for it's uniqueness to anything else i watch, but i'd hate our game to become anything like U.S sports. our game is unique & our media seem hellbent on changing that for some reason. There is a reason the half time entertainment at the Superbowl is such a talking point...
I like NFL, but the Super Bowl is as you say, something where the entertainment is more important than the game. Whateley hates things like score reviews, so I fail to see how he can prefer NFL with its regular appeals and reviews.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I don’t mind collage grit iron. I find it flows better.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Maher and Murphy's show is unlistenable. they spent over an hour talking about caravans on Wednesday. last time I checked, SEN was a sports radio station. I've started listening to podcasts and FNR while at the gym on weeknights now. I can't take SEN any longer.
I was on a long drive Fri pm and Dwaynes show was calling Williams live which was a pivotal and exciting match and the calling was solid. Anyway 3.00 comes and I'm thinking they will go on with the match as its was half way through the last set. But no the sports station switched to some inane discussion like caravans or things we used to do in the summer holidays ... and they barely gave a cross to the tennis.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I do wish some of our jounro's would go & follow U.S sports given how obsessed they are with them.
Whateley is over for the Superbowl & drools all over it yet craps on about how boring our game is....
Tho it does suck how our journo's get a ticket & NFL fans can't find one anywhere....
Probably find a gaggle of AFL HQ staff over there on a fact stealing mission.

Reactions: 1 user

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Probably find a gaggle of AFL HQ staff over there on a fact stealing mission.
Sounds like a job for our newly appointed Evolution Manager...... Who better to represent our code than Brad Scott.
One thing that has evolved quite nicely at the AFL is the junket and I guarantee he'll be on it..... next stop Tokyo Olympics!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Sounds like a job for our newly appointed Evolution Manager...... Who better to represent our code than Brad Scott.
One thing that has evolved quite nicely at the AFL is the junket and I guarantee he'll be on it..... next stop Tokyo Olympics!
Jobs for the boys n multiple annual junkets to chose from then if you're lucky you can even get in a bit of surreptitious snoggin with an office girl or two. Bloody paradise on earth at AFL H.Q.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
i love how they've been advertising the superbowl as "the biggest sporting event on the international calendar." lol. gimme a spell. Even Whateley must have cringed at reading that script.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
i love how they've been advertising the superbowl as "the biggest sporting event on the international calendar." lol. gimme a spell. Even Whateley must have cringed at reading that script.
He probably wrote it!
He drools all over the Superbowl yet whinges about how boring our game is, i can appreciate the NFL for what it is but our game shits all over it as a spectacle.
As i said in a previous post there is a reason the half time entertainment is the main talking point...

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He probably wrote it!
He drools all over the Superbowl yet whinges about how boring our game is, i can appreciate the NFL for what it is but our game shits all over it as a spectacle.
As i said in a previous post there is a reason the half time entertainment is the main talking point...
Nah, I think if Whateley has his way the Melbourne Cup would win his vote for the biggest event on the calendar. Loves his horse racing.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
NFL did major damage to itself n the US especially after all the anti American Protests people walked away, in droves the numbers attending and TV ratings were down.

Once fans of sports codes become disenfranchised they often don't come back in the same capacity, casual or benign interest tends to replace obsession in many.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Must really hurt Dwayne that his twitter handle doesn't have the blue tick of authenticity.

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Must really hurt Dwayne that his twitter handle doesn't have the blue tick of authenticity.
Actually just listening to Matt Rendell on his show and he must have been squirming in his seat when he was giving us a wrap for how we play.
Nice to hear that the real footy people who understand the nuances of the game give credit where it's due.

Edit..... Just said the pies are our biggest threat and he believes we think that too!
Gee I really wanna slap them off the G when it counts now!

Last edited:

frickenel

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2003
Chirnside Park
www.planetecho.com.au
Actually just listening to Matt Rendell on his show and he must have been squirming in his seat when he was giving us a wrap for how we play.
Nice to hear that the real footy people who understand the nuances of the game give credit where it's due.

Edit..... Just said the pies are our biggest threat and he believes we think that too!
Gee I really wanna slap them off the G when it counts now!
Actually i think the Pies are a serious threat this year and will be head and shoulders over our side when we meet.

As for their men's team .........MWAAAAAAHAHAHAAHHAAAAAAAA!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users