SEN Online/SEN Radio now online [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SEN Online/SEN Radio now online [Merged]

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Just taking the *smile* out of their audience now. latest promotion is ROBERT Craddock the influentia l voice in Australian cricket.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
Kermit unlistenable this morning with his fauning over Blight, calling him emporer commidus and the emporer when discussing some mooted changes to the game.

Blight hasn't been relevant for over 2 decades, I was hoping this break would see him fade into past. One good thing about the break is not havong to listen to Blight discuss the modern game.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Meh stay away from SEN and the agenda pushing sock puppets and the news in general; you will find life much less excruciating.

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Kermit unlistenable this morning with his fauning over Blight, calling him emporer commidus and the emporer when discussing some mooted changes to the game.

Blight hasn't been relevant for over 2 decades, I was hoping this break would see him fade into past. One good thing about the break is not havong to listen to Blight discuss the modern game.
That moron needs something to stop the Tigers as his last attempt failed miserably...

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
i don't think blight is that far off it.

- i don't think last touch out of bounds should be a free, but last kick should be.
- i don't think we need to change to 20m kicks. we just need to make it 15m from the man on the mark.
- I think rotations should be cut to 10-12 per quarter. if quarters are staying at 16min, then I’d go with 10.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Never been short of left-field ideas, but the plan to coach St.Kilda up the ladder in between rounds of golf suggested he'd used all the best ones.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

- i don't think last touch out of bounds should be a free, but last kick should be.
- i don't think we need to change to 20m kicks. we just need to make it 15m from the man on the mark.
- I think rotations should be cut to 10-12 per quarter. if quarters are staying at 16min, then I’d go with 10.
Is he still pushing the idea of changing the shape of the ball?

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
i don't think last touch out of bounds should be a free, but last kick should be.
I wouldn't change that rule, I just think deliberate out of bounds needs to be used more.

There was one last year when Prestia? had the ball in the centre and saw nothing up forward so kicked it out on the forward flank. Commentators and fans went off when a free was paid but it was spot on. The issue is they need to pay it every time. They should also crack down on the ball being punched over the line as well.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I wouldn't change that rule, I just think deliberate out of bounds needs to be used more.

There was one last year when Prestia? had the ball in the centre and saw nothing up forward so kicked it out on the forward flank. Commentators and fans went off when a free was paid but it was spot on. The issue is they need to pay it every time. They should also crack down on the ball being punched over the line as well.
The rule states punched over the line from a marking contest is not deemed deliberate, even if it is deliberate. If you see what I mean.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
What annoys me about deliberate is the tiggy touchwood ones they pay, yet u can come 3rd man up in a marking contest & smash the ball into the 15th row & nobody ever questions it.

Best way to fix the game, simplify the rule book & call the existing rules properly. Holding the ball/illegal disposal being where to start.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
What annoys me about deliberate is the tiggy touchwood ones they pay, yet u can come 3rd man up in a marking contest & smash the ball into the 15th row & nobody ever questions it.

Best way to fix the game, simplify the rule book & call the existing rules properly. Holding the ball/illegal disposal being where to start.
Yep, that's another flaw in the rule. I reckon out on the full should apply off hands as well.

Also only deliberate if it goes over the line on the full from a ruck contest.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

If the umpires could measure 15 m it would work.
Do you mean kick that goes out of bounds with No ONE touching it is a free? If so could live with an experimental year of that.
Always keen to cap rotations. Lower the better.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
No I mean if it comes off your hand and goes over the line on the full it's a free to the opposition.
Too fickle... Big pack whose hand did it hit...... Too much grey in our game without adding more....
Long ball deep to the pocket defender in front, foward coming over the top from behind ..great contest ... Ball hits hands goes out on full....umpire says man in front forced It over ...free to forward kicks ... wining goal.
Not what I want to see.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Too fickle... Big pack whose hand did it hit...... Too much grey in our game without adding more....
Long ball deep to the pocket defender in front, foward coming over the top from behind ..great contest ... Ball hits hands goes out on full....umpire says man in front forced It over ...free to forward kicks ... wining goal.
Not what I want to see.
Guaranteed this would actually happen against the RFC

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
No I mean if it comes off your hand and goes over the line on the full it's a free to the opposition.
Stupid rule. Big spoil into the 10th row is one of the great spectacles of our game. Leave the game alone.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Stupid rule. Big spoil into the 10th row is one of the great spectacles of our game. Leave the game alone.
Why should you be able to punch the ball ten rows back to waste time?

Personally I think the rushed behind rules and tightening of interpretation of what is deliberate out of bounds have been great for the game. It keeps the ball in play and requires guys to use their skill rather than get a cheap out. I'd rather see the ball in play as much as possible.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Why should you be able to punch the ball ten rows back to waste time?

Personally I think the rushed behind rules and tightening of interpretation of what is deliberate out of bounds have been great for the game. It keeps the ball in play and requires guys to use their skill rather than get a cheap out. I'd rather see the ball in play as much as possible.
coz a big spoil in a marking contest is part of our great game. whether it stays in play or goes 10 rows back is irrelevant