September '19 Ruckmen | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

September '19 Ruckmen

What ruck set up would you take into Sept

• Nank

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Nank and Ivan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nank and Noah

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Nank and Mabs

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Nank and CCJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I posted this because I think its a very tricky question.

assume 1. we are playing finals, 2. all ruckman are fit and in form at VFL or AFL

Im going to vote Nank and Noah,

very difficult, but I like Balta's flexibility plugging a hole down back.

if we can get 100 votes, we have a fail proof answer.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I posted this because I think its a very tricky question.

assume 1. we are playing finals, 2. all ruckman are fit and in form at VFL or AFL

Im going to vote Nank and Noah,

very difficult, but I like Balta's flexibility plugging a hole down back.

if we can get 100 votes, we have a fail proof answer.
It’s a great question.
Best poll ever!

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Nank and Mabs for me.

It’s a good problem to have both Mabs and Noah in competition for that spot as they will need to stay in form or they will be in the VFL.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's definitely Nank and Noah or Chol. I have Chol in front as a forward presence who can relieve Nank. Noah has the edge as a follower.

Soldo has done exactly what we needed him to but he and Nank should never play in the same side. He's back-up number 1. For what we paid he's outstanding value.

Reactions: 1 users

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
It's definitely Nank and Noah or Chol. I have Chol in front as a forward presence who can relieve Nank. Noah has the edge as a follower.
I think Noah is being groomed in the magoos as a back-up key defender.

With Rance gone, if Astbury goes down we are really light on – at this stage, Garth is Astbury Lite at best, especially if he had to take the oppo's best forward.

If he's needed again this year, Noah could man the likes of Jack Darling in a final, not let him off the chain, and sprint forward at times to make Darling accountable.

Noah needs a season or two for his footy smarts to catch up with his body. Then he might be the best player in the comp, a cross between Koutafides and Pharlap.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think Noah is being groomed in the magoos as a back-up key defender.

With Rance gone, if Astbury goes down we are really light on – at this stage, Garth is Astbury Lite at best, especially if he had to take the oppo's best forward.

If he's needed again this year, Noah could man the likes of Jack Darling in a final, not let him off the chain, and sprint forward at times to make Darling accountable.

Noah needs a season or two for his footy smarts to catch up with his body. Then he might be the best player in the comp, a cross between Koutafides and Pharlap.
100%

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Jeez big Ivan made this a whole lot tougher today.

He was pretty colossal. He got effective taps, he planted in front of Dixon, he took marks, and goal

having said all that, I think someone else said it well.

He's a back up 1st ruck, rather than a 2nd Ruck to Nank.

on that basis, I go with Nank and Mabior against the Pies

Reactions: 1 user