Shai or Jack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shai or Jack

Shai or Jack

• Who’s MOTY

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Shai

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • Jack

Votes: 70 60.3%

• Total voters

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Shai did it by himself
Jack did it with Chols support.
No guarantees jack would have held the mark if Chol was not there. But both awesome marks.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
At the risk of being booted off the PRE website, am I the only one who thinks that Roachy didn't hold or control the ball enough?

Agree a bit like Ablett Senior's one arm DROP over Collingwood's Gary Pert

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
At the risk of being booted off the PRE website, am I the only one who thinks that Roachy didn't hold or control the ball enough?

You're in trouble now, how can we describe such behaviour, hmm, how about a bit like this:

luther-burns-popes-bull.jpg

I can't specifically remember how long Roach held on to that mark but they certainly paid a lot of marks back then where the player held on to the ball for a fraction of a second, wouldn't be paid now. Ablett's one is a very good example as someone else pointed out, he barely had the ball at all - spectacular though.

DS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
May have been because he had altitude sickness.
Nah he definitely held it long enough.
For the era it was long enough. If you want the world record shortest grab Templeton the day he kicked 15...one of them he led out and he waved at it as it went over his head...

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Shai did it by himself
Jack did it with Chols support.
No guarantees jack would have held the mark if Chol was not there. But both awesome marks.
Just confirms the line that white men can't jump.

Shai got serious airborne for his mark.

Cholly was way over the top of the contest and nearly decrapitated Jaaack who came in low n hard n still got the mark.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
For the era it was long enough. If you want the world record shortest grab Templeton the day he kicked 15...one of them he led out and he waved at it as it went over his head...
At the 3 minute mark, yeah, pretty ordinary.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

I reckon we need the judges who scored this dive to weigh in on this debate. They are highly criticle and clearly dont take in to account the moment. Seriously though, check out the scores this bloke gets after doing something that made me have an anxiety attack just watching it. Luckily his girlfriend had 15 cones before the dive to calm her nerves!
Why would you do all that only to tie the world record?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Why would you do all that only to tie the world record?
Kinda stupid, all the way up there n he might as well have taken one more step to own the record all by himself.