Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
We are missing Edward’s and Lamberts creativity and hard running.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We are also missing, poise, discipline, skill, decision making ability, connection on field and in general play, and the loving fun vibe in particular where the players were up and about and right into it which hasn't been there since 2020.

Tigers are a worn out engine in desperate need of a full service, tune and overhaul.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We are also missing, poise, discipline, skill, decision making ability, connection on field and in general play, and the loving fun vibe in particular where the players were up and about and right into it which hasn't been there since 2020.

Tigers are a worn out engine in desperate need of a full service, tune and overhaul.
Head casket
Cracked head.
Need a new engine

• Haha

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Also highlights list management, and getting a core group peaking at the same time. Titch took until his mid-20's before becoming a star - it was a slow burn. And coincided with our glory years with Jack, Dusty, Cotch, Rance, Grimes, Astbury, Bachar, Grigg, etc all at their peak. The same group that were embarrassed in three elimination finals

Sadly Lids had already peaked and missed out

• Sad

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
i know it might be a little early to be making calls like these but Shane Edwards has got the tools! Other than his bad kicking at crucial stages but that will come with experience. He knows how to get to a contest and he knows were to go when he has got it, that is called vision and that is a rare comodity at Punt Road. We must fast track this kid and let him play the year out in the ones. Nice one TW!
Bisket knew…

Reactions: 2 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Re: Shane Edwards is the real deal!!

Look a bit more settled. Couple of really subtle things he did today impressed me. Fakes one way goes the other way were the space is, not setting the world on fire by any stretch but looks to have the tools. Still not %100 sold on his kicking but he deserves more games at this stage. Give him another two or three then drop him back and play Casserley.
Subtle- nice word

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Re: Shane Edwards is the real deal!!

Haha. Not your best 8ty. ;D

Shane may be small at the moment but he's no squib.
A couple more pre season should fix his body issues.
Reminds me more of Robbie Flower(for those that recall) than Muppet Arms.

I think he shows a heap of potential. 8)
Muppet Arms 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Shane would surely hold the record for the most possessions uncalled by commentators. He had a largely invisible career because his hands were quicker than the eye.

But he wasn’t a role player IMO. He was the pointiest of point-of-difference players.

I miss him and I think the team does too.

Reactions: 10 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
One of my all time favourite players. A genius. Loved him.

A lot of folks couldn't see it in the early days.