Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
Was bloody awful tonight but that's ok, he has been close to BOG the last couple of weeks. I'm sure he will bounce back in 10 days time

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think he hurt himself in a spoiling attempt against Gawn and from that moment on he looked all at sea.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
22nd Man said:
Just did it again. He might be Capt again next week so back to bog.

Maybe he cracked the *smile* about not being captain :hihi

He had a bit of a mare. Reckon he handballed it straight to Melbourne players at least 5 times. Not to mention handballing to the back of Lambert’s feet when he wasn’t even looking!

But apart from tonight he’s had a great season and will no doubt be back to that form very soon.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
zippadeee said:
I think he hurt himself in a spoiling attempt against Gawn and from that moment on he looked all at sea.

I missed that, but did think he looked a bit sore.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Unpopular opinion. Appreciate that most saying Sheds had a nightmare. However the signs were there the week before against the Swans where his turnovers cost goals. Shed's disposal by hand and foot is incredibly erratic, from sublime to horrendous. It has been his whole career. He needs to tidy up if he is to stay in the back half or he will cost us. I don't think he can.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Was a big drop-off from previous game and some of his normally lightning handballs didn't come off but he has been fantastic overall this year. Might have been one who did feel the effect of playing twice in 4.5 days. He is over 30 years old now.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
maverick said:
Unpopular opinion. Appreciate that most saying Sheds had a nightmare. However the signs were there the week before against the Swans where his turnovers cost goals. Shed's disposal by hand and foot is incredibly erratic, from sublime to horrendous. It has been his whole career. He needs to tidy up if he is to stay in the back half or he will cost us. I don't think he can.

Is it the difference between playing on the ball and playing in the backline?
In recent years his quick hands have been truly elite around general stoppages and he rarely missed targets by hand.
Maybe after winning the ball in a contested defensive situation and then trying to dispose of the ball with quick hands - he's just in a more risky situations.

Dunno - but just a theory.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
maverick said:

Agree, it's why I haven't been giving him votes. If e.g. Brandon Ellis made those errors we'd be calling for his head.

He's obviously doing a lot of good as well. And he's new to it (this time around), the other defenders won't be used to his sleight of hand. Just need to get the "unforced" errors down a bit.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
He’s the type of player who does wonderful 90% of the time and horrible 10% of the time.

A number of Richmond premiership players (especially role players) are like that. Traditionally these types are undervalued by most clubs.

I remember one obvious missed handball against Melbourne and I bet most of you think his handballing in general was terrible because that 1 is weighted heavily in your memory. That’s how underrated works.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
123kid said:
He’s the type of player who does wonderful 90% of the time and horrible 10% of the time.

A number of Richmond premiership players (especially role players) are like that. Traditionally these types are undervalued by most clubs.

I remember one obvious missed handball against Melbourne and I bet most of you think his handballing in general was terrible because that 1 is weighted heavily in your memory. That’s how underrated works.

Good point Kid. A lot of people rate players by highlight or low light. I remember Cholly was going to be the next Buddy when he kicked a flashy goal and a multiple bounce point in a pre season game. Funny thing was he never cracked 5 possessions in any of those games and didn't do much of anything positive really.

I am a fan of AFL ratings because they deduct points for poor outcomes and add for positive outcomes. They actually take ALL the involvements into account. For this reason Sheds has comfortably sat inside top 50 players for a number of years with about 18 possessions a game while someone like Houli has been around the average AFL player mark at 250 in the league despite racking up more possessions.

After game 5 this year Sheds was rated No 2 in the league partly as a result or more possessions of half back.

Underrated - Oh Yeah!!!!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
maverick said:

Foolish opinion. And completely at odds with any objective rating.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Go back and watch the game again, he fell awkwardly hit his head and for some unknown reason he stayed on the ground.
He has been in our best 3 players this year.
1.Stack
2.Grimes
3.Edwards