Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Extract from the Houli article in Dill's website.

An extension for veteran Shane Edwards is expected to be announced in coming days.

I'd give Shank 3 years.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Lol at those acting like Shed has been playing like this his whole career and tut tutting the early critics.

There's a reason he's not being criticized like he has been a few years ago - he's much more consistent now. I know, crazy right?

Having said that, I reckon he was BOG.

The point was never he was an AA superstar when he was 20.

Those of us perceptive enough, recognised that he would become an AA superstar all along.

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
True Easy, but Shane has been starring since 2014 and he was pretty good as a pressure forward with Kingy in 2013.

There is a long lag with confirmation bias. Take it as a win that it only took seven years of quality output from Shed to convince the astigmatised.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Some Twitter trade period account that's still operating.

There was also Brereton's comment at the same time (and yeah, a lot of people said a lot of odd things in 2016):
“I think they should trade out their second tier stars… Ellis, Edwards. Some coach will look at them and say ‘I don’t like the way Richmond have been employing them. I don’t like the way they have been employing themselves at Richmond. I think I can do more with them.’

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hell yeah I gave him grief and he deserved at times. The quality of the last three years has been outstanding.

Can someone splice up his third quarter touches from last week.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Warning: graphic imagery ahead

Well it's clear to see what took place here!
Dan Richardson goes after Towers, getting rid of Shane in the process. ......

The great man is appointed on the same day, says *smile* that, we're not doing *smile* trades like this anymore. .... while we're at it how's about Toby Nankervis!

I love you Neil Balme!

RICHMOND
Neil Balme leaves Collingwood to join Richmond as general manager of football
Michael Warner, Herald Sun
September 12, 2016 9:08pm

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Arguably in career best form is Shedda.
Best on ground vs the Lions & just such an important piece in the puzzle for us.
I think he's going to have a huge one again.

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Arguably in career best form is Shedda.
Best on ground vs the Lions & just such an important piece in the puzzle for us.
I think he's going to have a huge one again.

25-1 for the NS prob worth a couple of bob Oldy?

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
If featuring in our best - fair chance we are playing good football and winning / win the game. Playing very good consistent football for the best part of 3 years now. Our most versatile player - half back - mind - forward. Lots and lots of tich love. Has turned it on v the cats in the past, more that welcome to do so again come Friday night !

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
In The Age, late this afternoon (after Salty Scott made his stupid remarks), "Richmond star Shane Edwards says the Tigers are a 'tighter group' than they were last year, having worked their way into a third straight preliminary final after overcoming much adversity."
Reckon the Tigers will be wanting to see Scott eat his own words.

Reactions: 3 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
In The Age, late this afternoon (after Salty Scott made his stupid remarks), "Richmond star Shane Edwards says the Tigers are a 'tighter group' than they were last year, having worked their way into a third straight preliminary final after overcoming much adversity."
Reckon the Tigers will be wanting to see Scott eat his own words.
I really hope we do a number on them.
He has become strangely obsessive with us.
Would love to see him meltdown as we trounce them.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
a mate texted lasted night 'Edwards is a freak' . i texted back 'best hands and vision in the league' . which i've probably typed here before but it deserves to be said again. Sheds really lifted in the 2nd half and inspired others. subtle superstar that he is ..

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Francis Jackson was the first.
No he wasn't. Andrew Jarman was his junior SA coach and RAVED about him I remember it. Jarman would tell Shane forget about normal footy, party tricks Shane party tricks! I'm not kidding I heard that from Jarman and he was right. Shanks basic skill set is outrageous party tricks.