Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Not being critical, but he could have played atleast 4 games for us and flew in for birth.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Because he’s largely had a year off without it being mandated by injury it may even freshen him up a bit.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Has there been any updates on the due date and if Shane plans to bring the baby up like Bach did or stay in Melbourne for the rest of the year?

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Your entitled to your view , but that's what I think could have been handled better.
I initially thought the same but what if his partner suddenly went into labour and gave birth prematurely? He wasn't a 30min car ride away, he would've been two states away at a time when flights are infrequent.

It sucks big time for the RFC and members but I think he had to stay home given the sometimes unpredictability of child birth.

No word on whether he will take the family to QLD yet, but Not sure he will up and leave behind his partner and newborn after two weeks either.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Surely given the Vic lockdown they will be better off once the bubba's born to get up to the hub and be surrounded by support.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Wonder if he knew what the future entailed (both personally and professionally), he would make the same call.

Not a criticism at all, more a musing/observation.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Given the current stage 4, will he even be aloud to be at hospital for birth?
after 2 flags and 10+ years of service, as much as I would love him to be playing I will not begrudge his choice, I would make the same choice myself.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just an idea, perhaps Shedda's partners parents (or mum) could quarantine and be in Qld as support after the birth.

Reactions: 1 user